It's been five years since NCAA 14

Ed O’Bannon can KMA. I still play the game, it’s the only game I play. Does anyone know if there are accurate rosters and schemes out yet? I’m finally getting back to football again.

Reactions: billford
Ed O’Bannon can KMA. I still play the game, it’s the only game I play. Does anyone know if there are accurate rosters and schemes out yet? I’m finally getting back to football again.

The new 2018-2019 rosters are in the works.

Last years complete rosters are available.

Absolutely ridiculous that NCAA Football is no longer being made! It would've been so easy for EA to just create generic rosters and let users mod them. To completely scrap the game altogether was nonsensical!

Absolutely ridiculous that NCAA Football is no longer being made! It would've been so easy for EA to just create generic rosters and let users mod them. To completely scrap the game altogether was nonsensical!

According to the article Freak linked to, the game was over not necessarily when they couldn't use players that resembled their real-life counterparts but when schools stopped licensing logos, unis, stadiums, etc., for the game. It's one thing to have a generic roster that you have to work to mod; it's quite another to have not only the generic roster that must be modded but you don't even have real teams.

Once the lawsuits started coming the schools got real skittish about striking deals with EA to appear in the game.

The new 2018-2019 rosters are in the works.

Last years complete rosters are available.

Thanks. I have last years . And I still play dynasty, or I did. I just couldn’t keep playing after around mid October, but now I’ve got the bug back.

According to the article Freak linked to, the game was over not necessarily when they couldn't use players that resembled their real-life counterparts but when schools stopped licensing logos, unis, stadiums, etc., for the game. It's one thing to have a generic roster that you have to work to mod; it's quite another to have not only the generic roster that must be modded but you don't even have real teams.

Once the lawsuits started coming the schools got real skittish about striking deals with EA to appear in the game.

I had no idea schools stopped licensing their logos, unis. stadiums, etc. Why the hell would they do that??

I'd guess the schools wanted to let the dust settle on the player lawsuits and see how it all shakes out. Could schools be liable even if it wasn't the same player numbers but was still Tennessee uniformed players in Neyland Stadium?

Probably just a lot of cya going on until more is known.

That new game in 2020 has potential at least

Have you seen it? If you are talking about Gridiron Champions, don't be surprised if you never see that game. It's basically a 4 year Kickstarter with no real vision or plan.

Last edited:
This is likely the best option we'll have in terms of seeing a "next-gen" NCAA game for a while:

PS3 Emulator | NCAA 13 Football on PC RPCS3 i7 4790k (EA Sports) - YouTube

It's NCAA 13 (10, 11, and 12 also work, IIRC) running on a PS3 emulator on PC at 1440p resolution. Make sure the resolution of the video is set to 1440p and you'll see that it looks way, way better than it does on an actual PS3/Xbox 360. In fact, you could run the game in 4K if you have the hardware to do it.

There are still some glitches, but the progress has been crazy over the past few months. It previously didn't even load in-game, and now it's running almost full speed.

The implications are pretty significant, because not only are the graphics/overall visual fidelity improved, but I would imagine modders may have an easier time making changes to the game in this format. That of course depends on there being anyone interested in doing it, because obviously the number of people with PCs capable of playing the PS3 emulator is small compared to the people who are content just playing the console versions.

This is likely the best option we'll have in terms of seeing a "next-gen" NCAA game for a while:

PS3 Emulator | NCAA 13 Football on PC RPCS3 i7 4790k (EA Sports) - YouTube

It's NCAA 13 (10, 11, and 12 also work, IIRC) running on a PS3 emulator on PC at 1440p resolution. Make sure the resolution of the video is set to 1440p and you'll see that it looks way, way better than it does on an actual PS3/Xbox 360. In fact, you could run the game in 4K if you have the hardware to do it.

There are still some glitches, but the progress has been crazy over the past few months. It previously didn't even load in-game, and now it's running almost full speed.

The implications are pretty significant, because not only are the graphics/overall visual fidelity improved, but I would imagine modders may have an easier time making changes to the game in this format. That of course depends on there being anyone interested in doing it, because obviously the number of people with PCs capable of playing the PS3 emulator is small compared to the people who are content just playing the console versions.

Where do you get this?

How's the framerate? It looks choppy in that video.

I remember playing these games all throughout high school and college. My dorm would have it's own league. Man, those were the days.

Where do you get this?

How's the framerate? It looks choppy in that video.

It is choppy. There are also graphical glitches. But just a few months ago you couldn't even go in-game with the NCAA series. Now they're fully playable but not quite at 100 percent. I would imagine in six months or so they'll probably be perfect.

It is choppy. There are also graphical glitches. But just a few months ago you couldn't even go in-game with the NCAA series. Now they're fully playable but not quite at 100 percent. I would imagine in six months or so they'll probably be perfect.

Good to know. Thanks.

Any idea why 14 isn’t available? It’s easily the best NCAA of last generation

I had no idea schools stopped licensing their logos, unis. stadiums, etc. Why the hell would they do that??

They didn't want to potentially get wrapped up in the lawsuits where ex-players were suing the NCAA for the use of their likeness without compensation.

Basically the NCAA doesn't want the players getting paid, and EA didn't want to make the game without the players getting paid (afraid they'd get sued). So the whole thing fell apart.

Any idea why 14 isn’t available? It’s easily the best NCAA of last generation

Not sure. I would imagine it will be working soon, as there's very little difference between all of the NCAA games on PS3.

xbox 360 dynasty has 1 open slot. Hit me up if interested. Fair warning, very good players in this league. CPU on heisman sliders heavily in favor of cpu if you join. Very tough cpu.

Man I miss this game so much. What I enjoyed more than anything was starting a dynasty with a 1 star prestige school and turning them around. Good times, and fingers crossed for its return

Reactions: 1 person
Man I miss this game so much. What I enjoyed more than anything was starting a dynasty with a 1 star prestige school and turning them around. Good times, and fingers crossed for its return

I kept hoping that eventually all the FCS schools would be included and we could move them up to FBS.

Also, I cant remember but in '14 could you change the conferences around? I would've loved to have been able to reconstruct the SEC to my liking.

I kept hoping that eventually all the FCS schools would be included and we could move them up to FBS.

Also, I cant remember but in '14 could you change the conferences around? I would've loved to have been able to reconstruct the SEC to my liking.

Yes there was conference restructuring if I remember correctly. Oh and one interesting thing with you mentioning FCS schools, I owned NCAA 2000 back in the day and it actually had 26 Division 1-AA schools you could use. I was only 8 or 9 and enjoyed winning by as much as I could so I would use Tennessee against schools like Arkansas Pine Bluff and annihilate them lol

VN Store

Back