E3 2018

What's the rumored timeline on PS5?

2020 at the earliest, according to the most recent info. To get next gen power earlier would mean much more expensive consoles. Thus, the Pro and the X. Component pricing needs to come down to make affordable next gen consoles.

2020 at the earliest, according to the most recent info. To get next gen power earlier would mean much more expensive consoles. Thus, the Pro and the X. Component pricing needs to come down to make affordable next gen consoles.

And to piggy back off of this, new details have leaked out bout Death Stranding...

"Early 2020 - Game got delayed internally." -I'm telling you, this will be a PS5 launch title.

"Tons of weapons, vehicles, gadgets and gear from multiple eras, from clubs to single shot muskets to energy swords."

"The baby is something that exists as a singular, it is not something that is instanced each time you boot up the game. The baby is a single entity. He is what is causing the time distortions and dimensions crossing over, which is multiplayer.

"When the community has reached the end of the game, there will need to be a global decision made to kill the baby and end Death Stranding multiplayer forever, or allow it to live and continue the multiplayer experience."

"Players in other games can do things at certain points in time that will have a butterfly effect in your game. This can happen both while you are actively playing or while the game is off. They can be positive or negative things."

"PVP can happen at any point if you and another player accidentally cross timelines while time traveling."

"When you die that timeline is closed forever, significant things that encapsulate Sam's story in that timeline will travel with you to the ocean floor before you re emerge and continue in a new timeline. As you and other players pollute the ocean, it will cause sea-life to die and wash up on the shore."

"This game is going to be huge and it is set in Iceland."

Take this with a huge grain of salt but MS E3 line up has supposedly leaked. If true this is a pretty solid lineup. Xbox fans should be happy...

Forza Horizon 4
Starfield
Scream Ride 2
Crackdown 3
Shadow the Tomb Raider
Sea of Thieves DLC
Ashen
The Last Night
Below
Madden 2019
Minecraft 4K
Battlefield V
Metro Exodus
Banjo Kazooie Anniversary (is this a reboot?)
Borderlands 3
Ori and the Will of Whisps
Electric Madness
Splinter Cell Reboot
Anthem
Halo Genesis
Cyberpunk 2077
Perfect Dark Re Boot (Joanna Dark)

Take this with a huge grain of salt but MS E3 line up has supposedly leaked. If true this is a pretty solid lineup. Xbox fans should be happy...

Forza Horizon 4
Starfield
Scream Ride 2
Crackdown 3
Shadow the Tomb Raider
Sea of Thieves DLC
Ashen
The Last Night
Below
Madden 2019
Minecraft 4K
Battlefield V
Metro Exodus
Banjo Kazooie Anniversary (is this a reboot?)
Borderlands 3
Ori and the Will of Whisps
Electric Madness
Splinter Cell Reboot
Anthem
Halo Genesis
Cyberpunk 2077
Perfect Dark Re Boot (Joanna Dark)

Starfield and cyberpunk. Even thought they aren't exclusives, I would buy a Xbox 1 X to play these on

If those details on Death Stranding are legit, sounds cool as heck.

Man, I really enjoyed Xbox during the 360 phase but since the xbox one, i haven't had the desire to get one. Nothing has drawn me to it. I'm perfectly fine with my PS4. I wish xbox had something at e3 to draw me back to it for sure.

cough*PC*cough

It's interesting. I was a PC gamer for years--since college really. My current rig still is superior to my console. However, I barely game on it anymore. I've got an Xbox One X projected onto a 115 inch screen with theater surround sound. Can't touch that experience with my PC. Additionally, the community on console is just easier to interact with.

Man, I really enjoyed Xbox during the 360 phase but since the xbox one, i haven't had the desire to get one. Nothing has drawn me to it. I'm perfectly fine with my PS4. I wish xbox had something at e3 to draw me back to it for sure.

It's the lack of exclusives. I'm an Xbox owner experiencing regret in getting one. It's tough seeing Playstation roll out stuff like God of War and the Uncharted series only to see Xbox counter with Halo (which is a shell of itself) or Sea of Thieves. It's embarrassing honestly

Yeah but that's a little ways off and I have the patience of an 8 year old

I meant as opposed to building a PC rig or buying an X1X. I got out of the PC game years ago. No way am I jumping down that rabbit hole again. I'll still play those games on PS4 Pro in the meantime and then play them again when PS5 launches. I dont even have a 4K TV yet.

Last edited:
It's the lack of exclusives. I'm an Xbox owner experiencing regret in getting one. It's tough seeing Playstation roll out stuff like God of War and the Uncharted series only to see Xbox counter with Halo (which is a shell of itself) or Sea of Thieves. It's embarrassing honestly

I think I've touched on this before but even the 360, for as beloved as that console is by many gamers, if you go back and REALLY examine it's library of games you'll discover that it suffered from nearly as bad a problem with exclusives as the X1 does. The difference is MS was able to mask it a lot better due to the fact that they had so many 3rd party marketing deals. I mean, Call of Duty was practically synonymous with Xbox 360, despite the fact you could also play it on PS3. Same with Madden. Same with Skyrim, same with a LOT of the popular games of that time. 360 still relied heavily on the same 3 pillars of exclusives which were Halo, Forza, and Gears. Nothing much has changed really. The biggest difference is now Sony has the lions share of exclusives AND 3rd party partnerships, so you soon discover with Xbox that the "emperor has no clothes."

The main thing 360 had going for it was Live was so superior to Playstation Network at the time. It still is in a lot of ways but PSN has made up a lot of ground to the point where the differences just don't matter enough to a lot of gamers. PSN is "good enough" and the disparity in quality exclusives is so huge, it's not tough to see why PS4 is killing X1 in sales.

Last edited:

I'm in the exact same boat. When Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn came out back to back I was pretty jealous.

I'll probably not be able to wait for the ps5, so will most likely pull the trigger on a ps4 pro, maybe around black Friday.

I have to be honest, I dont know if I'm just getting fatigued from this generation or what but NONE of the games that have been shown leading up to this E3, including EA's conference have overly impressed me at all other than Red Dead 2. Everything is starting to take on a sameness to it to something else we've already played. I sure as hell hope Bethesda/UBISoft impress with their conferences today.

It's so ironic but, now more than ever I am looking forward to Nintendos conference the most. They may have the weakest hardware but at least their games have personality. It goes to show that smart game design beats raw power every single time.

The best part about EA's conference to me was Star Wars Battlefront 2 now 17.99 (with a Plus subscription) and ALL DLC is absolutely free. I'm definitely buying for that kind of deal.

Last edited:
Bethesda conference tonight. Come on Starfield or TES6

If TES6 gets announced I will lose my mind. It's not happening though. Starfield is way more of a possibility and I hope they reveal it because what I have heard about from leaks makes me want to get it.

Besides Nintendo, Bethesda is the last gaming giant I trust anymore.

I have to be honest, I dont know if I'm just getting fatigued from this generation or what but NONE of the games that have been shown leading up to this E3, including EA's conference have overly impressed me at all other than Red Dead 2. Everything is starting to take on a sameness to it to something else we've already played. I sure as hell hope Bethesda/UBISoft impress with their conferences today.

It's so ironic but, now more than ever I am looking forward to Nintendos conference the most. They may have the weakest hardware but at least their games have personality. It goes to show that smart game design beats raw power every single time.

The best part about EA's conference to me was Star Wars Battlefront 2 now 17.99 (with a Plus subscription) and ALL DLC is absolutely free. I'm definitely buying for that kind of deal.

I'm with you on the fatigued and sameness part. I've been thinking about it a little and the 2 reasons for it that I keep coming to are:

1) With so many games out there now it is hard not to step on the toe of or not copy what another game has already done story-wise or mechanic-wise.

2) People keep buying the same junk over and over even though they complain about it (Destiny 2 and Call of Duty franchise are the leading examples coming to my mind) so why change?

Another thing that pissed me off with EA is their decided lack of Switch support. Last year they put Fifa on Switch and this year they're putting...Fifa. Why? You have a console/handheld hybrid that is selling like crazy (on pace to surpass Xbox One by next year) and you have several IP's that would do great on the platform. Madden should absolutely be on Switch. NBA live should absolutely be on Switch. Unraveled Two should absolutely be on Switch. These are games that would do well on that platform. I'd love to have a Madden game on the go!

Division 2.....hope they learned from Thursday mistakes. Nobody made a turnaround like massive did with Division 1 though.

Division 2.....hope they learned from Thursday mistakes. Nobody made a turnaround like massive did with Division 1 though.

They did turn it around, but I was too far removed for it to hook me back. Hoping they build on it with TD2. For one, I'd like to have actual tanking and stealth. Make silencers and loud vent brakes do more than add stats.

TD2 gameplay looks fun. I like how the armor actually drops off the boss as you wear him down, seems at least a little more realistic than shooting a guy a thousand times like in TD1.

Also fun new toys like the drone and whatever the swarm bomb was.

Abnormal Traffic Detected

VN Store

Back