Spring Ball showed me 9 wins for 2018

6 at most. Stop being naive

My gues was 6-7 wins until you can in with a more than halfway positive post about the team , after that I realized somethings up so I’m changing it to 7-8 wins bottom line .

If we do better than 7-5 I will be surprised.

Lot of concerns with current roster, very tough schedule, all learning new offense and defense. We would need a lot to go our way.

I'll be fired up for every game and hoping to win every one of them, but this may be a tough season for us.

The big thing to me is can this team show enough progress to help this staff pull in a really good class in 2019?

Last edited:
- And it's not because...we have a bunch of talent. We have "good" talent. It's the improved fundamental across the board I saw. Coaching improvement is already evident.

- Banks and Chryst. Yes London will have a say, but Banks is a future star. Chryst will either win the job OR push Jarret Gaurantano to a knew level.
I saw improved route anticipation in all our QB.

- Defensively...still. a work. But Sapp, Theo Jackson showed starting ability as backups.
But overall the defense showed some speed. Need to get better at point of attack. Bituli and Kirkland will bring the needed juice from the middle.

We showed improvement on offense in our concepts and speed. Banks will bring the power. We already have an idenity. And were not even at full strength. Run to set up the pass. Dobbs basically gave us an identity for 3 years by accident.

So I believe, spring showed that this team has already improved.

We'll able to run the ball.
Can we stop the run?? I believe that will happen when we are full strength defensively. There are 2 teams on our schedule that are just more talented. They're also well coached.

We beat Florida
West Virgina and
Missouri all because we will be able to handle their line of scrimmage...both sides.

I just spit coffee all over my monitor :rofl:

- And it's not because...we have a bunch of talent. We have "good" talent. It's the improved fundamental across the board I saw. Coaching improvement is already evident.

- Banks and Chryst. Yes London will have a say, but Banks is a future star. Chryst will either win the job OR push Jarret Gaurantano to a knew level.

- Defensively...still. a work. But Sapp, Theo Jackson showed starting ability as backups.
But overall the defense showed some speed. Need to get better at point of attack. Bituli and Kirkland will bring the needed juice from the middle.

We showed improvement on offense in our concepts and speed. Banks will bring the power. We already have an idenity. And were not even at full strength. Run to set up the pass. Dobbs basically gave us an identity for 3 years by accident.

Can we stop the run?? I believe that will happen when we are full strength defensively. There are 2 teams on our schedule that are just more talented. They're also well coached.

We beat Florida
West Virgina and
Missouri all because we will be able to handle their line of scrimmage...both sides.
you do realize neither banks, chryst or london played in the spring game or are on campus yet right?

the fact you came with that first invalidates everything that follows. which is sad because you made some good observations after that.

remove that from the OP and you have somewhat of a point if you don't throw out random win numbers.

Remove this section

replace it with this line with slightly improved grammar

I saw improved route anticipation in all our QB's

then change thread title to something like.

Spring Ball showed me we have hope for 2018

Pro wrestling is real and boogers are a sound source of nutrition. Also, there's scant reference to the offensive line in the original post. How does that part of the team work into the prognostication?

OP, I see 9 wins too....................over the next 3 years

Now fade you know that was just a dream you had so you could be happy once HEAD COACH JP was fired and we offered 10 mil a year to gundy to come bail us out .

Reactions: 1 person
you do realize neither banks, chryst or london played in the spring game or are on campus yet right?

the fact you came with that first invalidates everything that follows. which is sad because you made some good observations after that.

remove that from the OP and you have somewhat of a point if you don't throw out random win numbers.

Remove this section

replace it with this line with slightly improved grammar

I saw improved route anticipation in all our QB's

then change thread title to something like.

Spring Ball showed me we have hope for 2018

London has played power 5 football. And Banks is grossly talented. Chryst is 11-2 as a starter in the PAC-12. I SAID...at the very least he will push JG. So why would I omit such info?

No, they are huge additions to our offense. Which will help our defense stay off the field a little more....making them more effective. Complimentary football as Butch used to say

Reactions: 2 people
71214-0325-1417Kool-Aid_Man.jpg

Why would we drink anything else??

Way too much of our fan base is delusional. We have a serious problem when anyone believes this team can realistically win 9 games this next season. You are not only setting yourself up for disappointment, you begin to set ridiculous and unfair expectations for the team and staff. Enough is enough.

Reactions: 2 people
Boom! Lets go 10 wins Go VOLS ! This is the thread ive been waiting on! Undeafeted right now ! VOl so hard bro!

Last edited:
It's possible. There's 9 games that I feel like we could win. If we get on that type of roll anything's possible. Look at what auburn did malzons first year. They went from 3-9 to playing in the national championship in one year. Yes that was a good team but what changed between those two years? Different coaching, players buying in, and getting big breaks that gave that team momentum. You can't tell me that momentum doesn't have an effect on a football team. If this team comes out swinging and is 4 and 0 going into Georgia, they might lose the next three but you can't tell me they aren't going to buy in. If that happens, anything is possible. Pruitt has never been a HC, so yes we could have a 5 win season or he might be the biggest steal of this generation and take this team to the top quickly. All of you people just moping around belittling people because they think we have a chance should really find another hobby because there is no reason to spend your time being depressed about this and sucking the life out of everyone else. By the way you all talk we should just not play next season if we're as hopeless as you think.

More probable...than possible.

A bunch of veteran defensive guys with talent. They'll catch up to the scheme.

Have to run the ball.
Callaway and Jennings will make defenses defend the whole field

London has played power 5 football. And Banks is grossly talented. Chryst is 11-2 as a starter in the PAC-12. I SAID...at the very least he will push JG. So why would I omit such info?

No, they are huge additions to our offense. Which will help our defense stay off the field a little more....making them more effective. Complimentary football as Butch used to say
the premise of the op is that the spring game gave hope.. u cant get hope from people that didn't play in said game.

no one argues their credentials but we have had many touted jucos and transfers with decent resumes come in and do nothing. I have learned that resumes mean nothing in the end. its the person that shows up for the interview and the job that counts. Some of my best employees had the least impressive resumes and most of the top guys flamed out in days.

Yeah these guys have great resumes.. then why are they transfering? You have to look at both sides. One could argue they got recruited over another could argue they didn't have faith in self to stick out.

The main premise of OP is completely nullified by the inclusion of people NOT on the freaking roster in the argument.

The rest of the post, excluding that, makes a good point. Had you added it as an aside at the end it works, but you opened with it.

Bull****. He wouldn’t Even be a miracle worker if we made the playoff. Unexpected yes.

There he is. This place is much better with you all in. When the doom and gloom emerges it gets a bit sadder around here.

Bring it, Nationdom!

Reactions: 4 people
Way too much of our fan base is delusional. We have a serious problem when anyone believes this team can realistically win 9 games this next season. You are not only setting yourself up for disappointment, you begin to set ridiculous and unfair expectations for the team and staff. Enough is enough.

Who really cares if they are delusional, or anyone of us? What does it really hurt? It’s a nice balance versus the other side of the spectrum.

We beat Florida
West Virgina and
We are very close to Auburn talent wise and have the better coach and supporting staff. That game will be challenging at Auburn, but it is by no means an auto loss. I agree that Florida, Missouri, and west V are about as close to autos as you can get. UF at home and West V and Mizzou can’t come close to our talent, depth and coaching.

Who really cares if they are delusional, or anyone of us? What does it really hurt? It’s a nice balance versus the other side of the spectrum.

It’s a problem because the same people ignored warning flags with Butch and Dooley. They ignore reality just hoping for unrealistic outcomes. It eventually hurts the program because if you don’t blindly support you “ain’t a real fan” and we all have to continue the mediocrity.

VN Store

Back