'18 FL DT Kingston Harris (UT signee)

Pretty sure that was his point.

The way I read it he started by saying he’s never seen a 3-4 he liked. Another poster says Alabama runs a 3-4.

When he mentioned 4-5 men on the line of scrimmage, it sounded to me like he was trying to claim he doesn’t see them as a 3-4. That he seems them as a 4 or 5 man front.

Reactions: 3 people
The way I read it he started by saying he’s never seen a 3-4 he liked. Another poster says Alabama runs a 3-4.

When he mentioned 4-5 men on the line of scrimmage, it sounded to me like he was trying to claim he doesn’t see them as a 3-4. That he seems them as a 4 or 5 man front.
Your response was appropriate.

After Sunseri left, I thought all of the sheep had their belly full of 3-4... Now all of a sudden it is the best thing since sliced bread.

We had our belly full of Sunseri, not the scheme. The reason that we are thinking that we will be better is because there is some very strong evidence that our head coach might know a little bit about playing defense. But go right ahead and insult the "sheep." You seem to enjoy it.

Reactions: 7 people
ALso he didn’t have the personnel to run that defense. He tried to just run it with who he had. This staff is going to run different sets to work with the players available. Then do a full switch over when they get the right players. There’s a big difference.

Reactions: 3 people

Yeah i wasnt discrediting your statement. That is just what i thought.

it’s been a long wait for kingston harris. But at last, the wait is over. The tennessee defensive line signee is on campus, moved into his dorm and ready to start classes on wednesday. “it feels great,” harris told govols247 on monday. “being home for so long, it feels great to be back around the game.”

harris, the 6-foot-3, 285-pound defensive lineman from img academy in bradenton, fla., planned on enrolling at tennessee in january after signing with the vols in december. Delayed paperwork put his plans on hold and getting to town in time for the may mini-session on campus was the next best option. But he hasn’t put the last few months to waste. He stayed focused on what was important.

“you know, it was kind of boring,” harris said. “i wasn’t really around a lot of people. I was just working out, counting down the days to get back up here.” he said conversations with tennessee’s new coaching staff haven’t changed much since signing with the vols. “they still couldn’t wait for me to get back up here,” harris said, “get going and everything.”

since december, and since his move to tennessee was pushed back, the weight room has been his focus. “the biggest thing has probably been strength,” harris said, “trying to get stronger. I’m playing in the sec now. It’s time to put on the big boy pants, you know?” is harris ready for those big boy pants? At least from a strength standpoint? “yeah, definitely,” he said. “i feel like i’m a lot stronger than i was (in december).”

and he feels like he’s ready for a seamless transition to life in the sec. “i do feel prepared,” harris said. “img is pretty good. They prepare a lot of their kids. I’m ready to get up here and just work. No matter what, you have work no matte where you are.”

now it’s time to play catch up, to get up to speed after his process was put a few months behind. “this summer is really important,” harris said. “i was supposed to be here in january, so i’m behind. But being here in early may, i’m catching back up just a little bit.” catching up in time to contribute when fall camp rolls around. “yeah,” harris said, “of course i plan on contributing early.”

Reactions: 5 people
IMG is as good of a S&C program as many P5 schools. He will be prepared physically coming in, which is awesome. Huge reason, IMO, why so many of the IMG kids get tons of offers, because they are almost like JUCO kids coming in, from a physical S&C standpoint.

Reactions: 7 people
1598550.jpg

Kingston Harris

4* player, 6'4" 272lbs., DT, high school junior,
IMG Academy High School, Bradenton, FL,
40 yd dash- 5.40
Class of 2018

He looks pretty impressive in his highlights. The camp footage gives a better insight in his quickness and technique. He whipped most competitors. His numbers were low because IMG rotated a lot of talented players. Welcome Mr. Harris.

Analysis: Kingston Harris - Tennessee commit - YouTube

Last edited:
And the best defense to EVER PLAY FOOTBALL; Da BEARS (1985)!

No.

That’s my team and they were the famous and vaunted 46 defense. 6 players on the line (4 DL and 2LB). Man coverage on outside with 1 deep safety. One dominant MLB to destroy RB’s and a massive safety next to him.

Reactions: 2 people
Same defense Majors ran when he came from Pitt.

We had 2 huge monsters at NT at that time....
- Noonan 5’10” 220 and a guy named Chavis 5’10” 222.

Before you laugh, one was all-SEC and the other ended up being a great defensive coach for the Volz..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No.

That’s my team and they were the famous and vaunted 46 defense. 6 players on the line (4 DL and 2LB). Man coverage on outside with 1 deep safety. One dominant MLB to destroy RB’s and a massive safety next to him.

That’s the standard for 4-3 greatness imo but it’s extremely difficult to get the combination of devastating DT’s (Lighter Fridge and Steve McMichael) and MLB with the instincts and sideline to sideline quickness. Being stubborn over the years, I hoped they would keep the scheme, but Vic Fangio has displayed how much more flexible you can be with more available talent in the 3-4.

That’s the standard for 4-3 greatness imo but it’s extremely difficult to get the combination of devastating DT’s (Lighter Fridge and Steve McMichael) and MLB with the instincts and sideline to sideline quickness. Being stubborn over the years, I hoped they would keep the scheme, but Vic Fangio has displayed how much more flexible you can be with more available talent in the 3-4.
You would get murdered if you ran the 46 as your base scheme. It was designed for the two back haydays... That's why you don't see as much two back anymore (it made it obsolete)... Now you will see an adaptation of the 46 with a "bear front" or "double eagle"... Same thing. But putting a LB and a SS up their on the line in a spread system is asking a lot. Essentially if you you have one failed assignment on the line you are screwed.

Also, if all the RPO's the 46 would never be "right" because of the conflict between run and pass for the LB's and SS....

VN Store

Back