The Official Duke/UNC 2017/18 Basketball Thread!!!

Oh. Well everyone else was discussing a Duke recruit. We get it. You hate Duke and Grayson Allen. Get in line, it stretches around the block.

Yeah, my bad. So overjoyed that duke is at home right now that i didnt follow the thread.

Yeah, my bad. So overjoyed that duke is at home right now that i didnt follow the thread.

Well if you’re that overjoyed that Duke was at home tonight, it sounds like you need to get yourself a hobby. Maybe start working on model airplanes of an A-6 or F-4. The A-6 would probably be pretty time consuming.

Well if you’re that overjoyed that Duke was at home tonight, it sounds like you need to get yourself a hobby. Maybe start working on model airplanes of an A-6 or F-4. The A-6 would probably be pretty time consuming.
Naw, im good

Nope from tennessee and like navy due to career in the Marine Corps. Why do you ask?

You are accusing people of being band wagoners, yet you neither attended UT or the Naval Academy. I mean I appreciate what you’ve done serving in the Marines, but it seems pretty hypocritical to me you calling everyone out in this thread.

Reactions: 4 people
You are accusing people of being band wagoners, yet you neither attended UT or the Naval Academy. I mean I appreciate what you’ve done serving in the Marines, but it seems pretty hypocritical to me you calling everyone out in this thread.

Who did i call out?

Wendell Carter Jr seriously considering coming back. His mom wants him to stay, but his dad wants him to go. I think he’ll go, but I’m very surprised it’s even a discussion. If he came back that would be a huge hole that would be filled.

Wendell Carter Jr seriously considering coming back. His mom wants him to stay, but his dad wants him to go. I think he’ll go, but I’m very surprised it’s even a discussion. If he came back that would be a huge hole that would be filled.

He needs to go. Top 10 pick, too much risk coming back.

Go get paid young man

Reactions: 2 people

Selfishly, I’d love for him to stay, but I don’t see this as anything more than building a little bit of suspense for him to actually announce he’s going pro, as he should.

Ok guys, I'm on bed rest for a couple days. so I'm sick and bored. I came up with a topic if anyone wants to participate. Name your starting 5 most feared players from your rival as well as your top 5 most hated players, along with your favorite starting 5 from Duke or UNC. We'll say starting in 1988, so no Jordan, Worthy, Dawkins etc.
Here's mine:

UNC Most feared (couldn't wait for them to be gone):

Shammond Williams
Donald Williams
Antawn Jamison
Rasheed Wallace
Hansbrough

Honorable Mention:
Lawson
Ellington
Marvin Williams

Most Hated UNC Players:

Jeff McGinnis
Joe Forte/Harrison Barnes
Mahktar Ndiaye
Kris Lang
Ademola Okulaja ( Hansbrough didn't make the list because I've had some beers with him and he's an ok guy)

Favorite Duke Lineup:

Bobby Hurley
Grant Hill
Shane Battier
Elton Brand
Christian Laettner ( He was a dick, but he was our dick)

Honorable Mention:
Tyus Jones
Trajan Langdon
JJ

Mine is more recent, but here goes.

Most Feared:

Kendall Marshall
Joel Berry
Marcus Paige
Rashad McCants
Tyler Hansbrough

Honorable Mention:
Brice Johnson
Kennedy Meeks (rebounding)

Most Hated:
Kendall Marshall
P.J. Hairston
James Michael McAdoo
Tyler Hansbrough
Tyler Zeller

Duke Favorites:
Kyrie Irving
Quinn Cook
J.J. Redick
Jayson Tatum
Justise Winslow

Honorable Mention:
Luke Kennard
Wendell Carter
Marvin Bagley

Nash your list is more current, but I agree with Kendall Marshall and Brice Johnson. Hairston could definitely make the hated list too. He was a complete idiot.

Quinn Cook and Winslow could definitely be a recent favorite along with Kennard.

Most Feared:

Vince Carter
Hansbrough
Marcus Paige
Jerry Stackhouse
Rashad McCants

Most Hated:
Rasheed Wallace
Tyler Hansbrough
Sean May
Raymond Felton

Duke Favorites:

Bobby Hurley
Thomas Hill
Shane Battier
Wojo
J.J. Reddick

Honorable Mention:

Capel
Langdon
Jay Williams

I need a place to add Chris Carrawell, Nate James and Chris Collins. Not favorites, but I have a soft spot for them

Hated:

Greg Paulus
Chris Collins
Erik Meek
Dahntay Jones
Wojo
Austin Rivers
The Plumlee Family

I'd love to keep going. :)

Feared

J.J. Redick
Jay Williams
Chris Duhon
Shane Battier
Christian Laettner

Favorites:

Tyler Hansbrough
John Henson
Kendall Marshall
Raymond Felton (Tough as nails)
Dante Calabria
Jerry Stackhouse
Rasheed Wallace
Ed Cota
Marcus Paige
Vince Carter
Antawn Jamison

Best "Modern" Lineup

Hansbrough
Jamison
Carter
McCants
Marshall

Bench:

Henson
Paige
Wallace
Stackhouse
Lawson

Hated:

Greg Paulus
Chris Collins
Erik Meek
Dahntay Jones
Wojo
Austin Rivers
The Plumlee Family

I'd love to keep going. :)

Feared

J.J. Redick
Jay Williams
Chris Duhon
Shane Battier
Christian Laettner

Favorites:

Tyler Hansbrough
John Henson
Kendall Marshall
Raymond Felton (Tough as nails)
Dante Calabria
Jerry Stackhouse
Rasheed Wallace
Ed Cota
Marcus Paige
Vince Carter
Antawn Jamison

Best "Modern" Lineup

Hansbrough
Jamison
Carter
McCants
Marshall

Bench:

Henson
Paige
Wallace
Stackhouse
Lawson

I get everyone on your hated list other than Erik Meek and the Plumlees. Erik Meek almost never walked again before he got to Duke because he was hit by a car while jogging . He has a pretty good story.

VN Store

Back