Unanswered Questions and Amibuous Endings in Tvshows-Movies

So my wife and I finished Dexter last night. I had already watched the series before. Her reaction was pretty entertaining.

Dude it's the exact same face. The people of Metropolis are idiots.

If you watched the Lois and Clark the new adventures of Superman tv show a time traveling super villain mocks Lois Lane as being one being very dumb.
He told her Clark is Superman before leaving.

One explanation of mainstream continuity is the glasses have some device on them that alter humans physical perception of Clark.

Cast Away
What is in the Fedex box?

Lost in Translation
What did Bob whisper to Charlotte?

Paranormal Activity
Why was the demon tormenting the couple?
Also what does the demon look like?

2 Tim Burton Batman Movies
Where exactly are the shields when not covering the wheels, and windshield of the Batmobile?

Disney movie: Aladdin
Why can the Genie not make a person fall in love, and why can't he resurrect dead humans?
He never freakin elaborated as to why which makes it extremely lameass for him to even talk about these 2 limitations which at most would have taken at most 30 to 40 seconds. Or just have him show a sheet that lists why which could be shown for 20 seconds.

2 tim burton batman movies
where exactly are the shields when not covering the wheels, and windshield of the batmobile?

Disney movie: Aladdin
why can the genie not make a person fall in love, and why can't he resurrect dead humans?
He never freakin elaborated as to why which makes it extremely lameass for him to even talk about these 2 limitations which at most would have taken at most 30 to 40 seconds. Or just have him show a sheet that lists why which could be shown for 20 seconds.

smh..

Movie: Anacondas The Hunt For the Blood Orchod
Why can't Gail support that a blood orchid can be used as a fountain of youth?

She never elaborated why she can't support that idea.

90s Batman The Animated Series
Why does Batman not incinerate the guns he owns?
He hates guns so no damn logical reason that he doesn't destroy or incinerate his guns.

Page 47, in National Treasure 2.

I used a spoiler tag just so it wouldn't take so much space. Last I heard, NT3 script is done but Disney didn't like it.

It's thoroughly set-up that the content on page 47 concerns Area 51. Riley's introduction of The Book of Secrets builds towards his assertion that it contains information on Area 51. The topic of Area 51 then conspicuously high-jacks the whole dialogue. Abigail calls it an "urban legend" and Riley responds: "Is it Abigail, is it?"

Abigail: "It's just totally-"

Riley: "-Crazy?"

Abigail: "Yeah!"

Riley: "Huh, because last time I checked, we pretty much make our living on crazy"

Ben: "He's got a point."

An inordinate amount of emphasis is placed on this topic at this point in the dialogue where it is neither necessary for plot, character, nor theme. It's a tangent that is so seemingly off-colour to the National Treasure franchise that it fights to justify its own validity. This, I suggest, is to properly establish Area 51 as a very real possibility in the series.

When the group finally finds The Book of Secrets, Riley identifies the Area 51 section as Ben flips through the contents--but little time can be spared. We are given on-screen confirmation that Area 51 content in fact exists within The Book of Secrets, making it the only confirmed possibility for what could be contained on page 47.

Ben's last words on the subject give us another hint. At the very end of the film, he calls the contents of page 47 "life altering," when describing them to the President. It should be recalled at this point that Riley first calls Area 51 "the coup de gras" which means "the death blow." These phrases are almost interchangeable, since something that is life-altering can also be said to be life-ending, since every new beginning represents an ending. Behind some wordplay, the script doubles back on itself as both Riley and Ben use the same terminology to refer both to Area 51 and the contents of page 47--implying that they are one and the same.

But why the number 47? If this was any movie but National Treasure it wouldn't be nearly as appropriate to assume that there must be some hidden meaning behind that number. We know from the combination of the Resolute desks being the year 1846 that in National Treasure, the go-to encoded meaning for a number is a year of historical significance. This was Ben's first assumption and it was correct. That fact alone is its own cipher: we are being told to think of numbers as dates. If 47 refers to 1947, then we are looking at the same year that an ET craft crash-landed in Roswell New Mexico, effectively beginning the story of Area 51. The page number 47 points to its own historical content.

If it is the case that National Treasure 3 is all about around Area 51, then we may have our answer as to why the script is taking so long. Such a departure from the traditional National Treasure mainstream historical content must be giving pause to its writers and executives. But remember that even Indiana Jones (a similar type of franchise) eventually ventured into extraterrestrial territory with panache. The facts point us there now with National Treasure 3. The sensitivity around the subject of Area 51 being a project officially classified in the alleged interest of national security also would explain why Turteltaub would want to remain noncommittal in his answers around the question, so that he can easily take the content of the sequel into safer territory if need be.

The last question remaining is why the President would require Ben's help regarding the contents of page 47 if it's about Area 51? It has recently been speculated that certain presidents have wanted to disclose the reality of the ET engagement in human affairs to the world but for various complex reasons cannot. It could be that the National Treasure president beseeches Ben, a man with a trusted record of proving historical mythology to be historical fact, for assistance on breaking the secrecy around Area 51 on his behalf. This would be the appropriately "life-altering" event, as Ben promises.

Reactions: 1 person
Movie: Anacondas The Hunt For the Blood Orchod
Why can't Gail support that a blood orchid can be used as a fountain of youth?

She never elaborated why she can't support that idea.

90s Batman The Animated Series
Why does Batman not incinerate the guns he owns?
He hates guns so no damn logical reason that he doesn't destroy or incinerate his guns.

Pretty sure you're the only person who has seen that.

Reactions: 3 people
Page 47, in National Treasure 2.

I used a spoiler tag just so it wouldn't take so much space. Last I heard, NT3 script is done but Disney didn't like it.

It's thoroughly set-up that the content on page 47 concerns Area 51. Riley's introduction of The Book of Secrets builds towards his assertion that it contains information on Area 51. The topic of Area 51 then conspicuously high-jacks the whole dialogue. Abigail calls it an "urban legend" and Riley responds: "Is it Abigail, is it?"

Abigail: "It's just totally-"

Riley: "-Crazy?"

Abigail: "Yeah!"

Riley: "Huh, because last time I checked, we pretty much make our living on crazy"

Ben: "He's got a point."

An inordinate amount of emphasis is placed on this topic at this point in the dialogue where it is neither necessary for plot, character, nor theme. It's a tangent that is so seemingly off-colour to the National Treasure franchise that it fights to justify its own validity. This, I suggest, is to properly establish Area 51 as a very real possibility in the series.

When the group finally finds The Book of Secrets, Riley identifies the Area 51 section as Ben flips through the contents--but little time can be spared. We are given on-screen confirmation that Area 51 content in fact exists within The Book of Secrets, making it the only confirmed possibility for what could be contained on page 47.

Ben's last words on the subject give us another hint. At the very end of the film, he calls the contents of page 47 "life altering," when describing them to the President. It should be recalled at this point that Riley first calls Area 51 "the coup de gras" which means "the death blow." These phrases are almost interchangeable, since something that is life-altering can also be said to be life-ending, since every new beginning represents an ending. Behind some wordplay, the script doubles back on itself as both Riley and Ben use the same terminology to refer both to Area 51 and the contents of page 47--implying that they are one and the same.

But why the number 47? If this was any movie but National Treasure it wouldn't be nearly as appropriate to assume that there must be some hidden meaning behind that number. We know from the combination of the Resolute desks being the year 1846 that in National Treasure, the go-to encoded meaning for a number is a year of historical significance. This was Ben's first assumption and it was correct. That fact alone is its own cipher: we are being told to think of numbers as dates. If 47 refers to 1947, then we are looking at the same year that an ET craft crash-landed in Roswell New Mexico, effectively beginning the story of Area 51. The page number 47 points to its own historical content.

If it is the case that National Treasure 3 is all about around Area 51, then we may have our answer as to why the script is taking so long. Such a departure from the traditional National Treasure mainstream historical content must be giving pause to its writers and executives. But remember that even Indiana Jones (a similar type of franchise) eventually ventured into extraterrestrial territory with panache. The facts point us there now with National Treasure 3. The sensitivity around the subject of Area 51 being a project officially classified in the alleged interest of national security also would explain why Turteltaub would want to remain noncommittal in his answers around the question, so that he can easily take the content of the sequel into safer territory if need be.

The last question remaining is why the President would require Ben's help regarding the contents of page 47 if it's about Area 51? It has recently been speculated that certain presidents have wanted to disclose the reality of the ET engagement in human affairs to the world but for various complex reasons cannot. It could be that the National Treasure president beseeches Ben, a man with a trusted record of proving historical mythology to be historical fact, for assistance on breaking the secrecy around Area 51 on his behalf. This would be the appropriately "life-altering" event, as Ben promises.

You’ve thought about this one! Maybe that’ll be part 3.

I imagine to another area that has a heavy infestation of vampires.

Ghost Whisper
What would be the ending of this tv show if it had a series finale?
Since it got cancelled it never happened. It's hard to imagine Melinda retiring from her unpaid occupation of helping ghosts cross over.

I've always wanted to motorboat Melinda

Movie: Boondock Saints 2
Why were Connor and Murphy 2 known Vigilante Murderers not pursued by Boston Police and Massachusetts State Troopers when they returned to Boston?

In the 1st movie they murdered a Mobster in a Public Courtroom with more than 6 witnesses.
They have the same hairstyles in the sequel it's unbelievable that they aren't pursued by Boston Police and Massachusetts State Troopers when they returned to Boston in the sequel.

Last edited:
Movie: Maximum Overdrive
Why were the guns in the armory unaltered?
Why did the Semitrucks not drive through the diner and attempt to kill the humans after being filled with gasoline?

When the Semitrucks finally drive through the diner the humans left so it's a dumb action.

So my wife and I finished Dexter last night. I had already watched the series before. Her reaction was pretty entertaining.

i realize i'm responding to a very old post, but i finished dexter last week.

i didn't think the ending was awful. but it definitely wasn't great. just kind of meh. which isn't really right for a show that lasted as long as it did....so i get why so many thought it sucked. i watched it on netflix, so my time investment was not 8 full seasons. more like a couple months......so i didn't feel like i got let down as bad...lol.

90s Spider Man Cartoon
Spider Man never modified his voice to be different when Peter Parker talks.

So why did Mary Jane, J Jonah Jameson, Doctor Octopus,etc that heard Peter and Spider Man talk never recognize Peter is Spider Man when Spider Man talks?

Movie: The Crow Salvation
How or why does the Police Chief know about The Crow?
It's never shown or said how or why he knows about the Crow.

VN Store

Back