Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per

Not surprising at all every staff wants their own guy at QB this means McBride and JG are gonzo.. They will sign another quarterback this year and so forth

good.

They can go somewhere else where their talents will be appreciated, like D3.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn’t impressed with those stats either, but I was very impressed by this..

Keller Chryst QB Stanford 2017 - YouTube

Some things I got from the video: Stanford likes slant routes a lot lol. And Chryst likes to audible. He also makes a good amount of safe, smart throws. That one in the Oregon State game where he got the safety and the nickel to bite on the curl route and he hit the receiver on the corner route was nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
The one thing JG showed was he WAS mentally tough? What’d you watch? Sure he pouted the first game. But he quickly owned up to it. He went in play after play with no oline and never quit.

The JG supporters must have watched last season play out in an alternate dimension where extreme mediocrity is celebrated.

Reactions: 5 people
Jumping the gun much? This kid won’t be here until after he graduates in June. And he already got beat out by a Sophomore for a job. JG has every advantage on him, no matter how much you guys want to manufacture this immaturity or lack of mental toughness you think JG has. He will be a good back up plan in a worst case scenario.

The JG supporters must have watched last season play out in an alternate dimension where extreme mediocrity is celebrated.

How can you judge a young QB that had horrible coaching, no protection, in an atrocious offense, on a fractured and disinterested football team, under an unexperienced offensive coordinator who proved incapable? Where can you find any absolutes about this kid?

Reactions: 2 people
Don't know what the outcome may be, but this kid has been in a stable program and well coached in an effective offensive scheme. He also has good size and weight. I don't think the staff is just adding depth. I think they are getting their QB for 2018 if JG rises up to take the spot, so be it. Win/Win

Kid will probably be handed the starting job as soon as he steps onto campus.

Welcome KC

Reactions: 4 people
Don't know what the outcome may be, but this kid has been in a stable program and well coached in an effective offensive scheme. He also has good size and weight. I don't think the staff is just adding depth. I think they are getting their QB for 2018 if JG rises up to take the spot, so be it. Win/Win

Most times with the grad transfers, they have a lot of experience but lack elite talent. Not this guy. He was the #3 QB in the 2014 class. He still might play like a total scrub, but I can at least buy into him being a legit competitor for the starting job.

I am glad to have him on the team. If he plays he plays.Maybe he he will be a back-up to JG alsp,we just don't know. I do know it adds needed depth at the position and that's a good thing.

How can you judge a young QB that had horrible coaching, no protection, in an atrocious offense, on a fractured and disinterested football team, under an unexperienced offensive coordinator who proved incapable? Where can you find any absolutes about this kid?

Good athletes can overcome bad coaching. And you seem to forget that the coaches are the ones executing the plays on the field..JG is not a good QB, is not a good leader, and his "mental toughness" sounds an awful lot like code for not the sharpest knife in the fridge..

And then there is of course..how many games with zero offensive points in a row? 4? Yeah..

Most times with the grad transfers, they have a lot of experience but lack elite talent. Not this guy. He was the #3 QB in the 2014 class. He still might play like a total scrub, but I can at least buy into him being a legit competitor for the starting job.

I think he is a great addition for a number of reasons. Age, experience, competition, depth. He can be a leader whether or not he starts. But you guys who want to automatically hand him the starting position need to remember he got beat out by a sophomore last year.

Nice way to close the deal for Pruitt and his staff!!! I didnt this cat would sign with the Vols.

Man, I think this kid is a dark horse. Red-Shirted, got beat out by Burns, but won the starting job back, then tore his ACL. Touch breaks.

One cool note, He never lost a game he started at Stanford! Nice prospect.

Nice way to close the deal for Pruitt and his staff!!! I didnt this cat would sign with the Vols.

Man, I think this kid is a dark horse. Red-Shirted, got beat out by Burns, but won the starting job back, then tore his ACL. Touch breaks.

One cool note, He never lost a game he started at Stanford! Nice prospect.

Man those touch breaks suck......

Look at McBride’s stats and a freshman as the backups and figure it out Einstein. You and the idiots who liked it.

What does McBride’s stats have to do with Chryst being a “major upgrade” over GUARANTANO?

VN Store

Back