Manning may be coming to MNF or TNF

If I could place him where he is needed most? I would place him on Sunday nights and force out Cris Collinsworth. Worst color man in the league right now. He will harp on the same dang thing over and over for twenty minutes when we got it the first time. Pair him up with Kesling, and you could kill a network in one day.

If I could place him where he is needed most? I would place him on Sunday nights and force out Cris Collinsworth. Worst color man in the league right now. He will harp on the same dang thing over and over for twenty minutes when we got it the first time. Pair him up with Kesling, and you could kill a network in one day.

I'll take Collinsworth over anybody not named Romo. Collinsworth breaks down X's and O's pretty well. Simms is captain obvious. So is Aikman. Moose called triple coverage "cover 3" this year.

One way to guarantee #1 recruiting rankings almost every year and restore Tennessee to Alabama's level is for Manning to take an assistant position under the current A.D. with the intent of promoting him to A.D. in a couple of years. I believe it would work.

Haven’t we gone down this road before with recruiting QBs?? Everyone thinks because Peyton is in the building that recruits will flock here. He comes and works with QBs every summer and still schools like Bama and Clemson are getting the top QBs

I'll take Collinsworth over anybody not named Romo. Collinsworth breaks down X's and O's pretty well. Simms is captain obvious. So is Aikman. Moose called triple coverage "cover 3" this year.

Collinsworth couldn't break down a dog whizzing on an electric fence. At least Sims and Aikman points something out once and move on. Collinsworth harps on one play and keeps bringing it back up through the post game. I don't know it that is just him or some jackass director out in the trailer telling him to do that, but that just makes him more and more annoying every year.

But Romo has turned out to be a bit of a surprise. He has turned out better than I expected him to be. He is worth watching.

Collinsworth couldn't break down a dog whizzing on an electric fence. At least Sims and Aikman points something out once and move on. Collinsworth harps on one play and keeps bringing it back up through the post game. I don't know it that is just him or some jackass director out in the trailer telling him to do that, but that just makes him more and more annoying every year.

But Romo has turned out to be a bit of a surprise. He has turned out better than I expected him to be. He is worth watching.

Completely disagree on CC, Aikman, and Simms. CC correctly predicts plays that will work later in the game. He does this better than anybody. CC's problem is his voice is annoying

Last edited:
Completely disagree on CC, Aikman, and Simms. CC correctly predicts plays that will work later in the game. He does this better than anybody. CC's problem is his voice is annoying

What was that one play in the Super Bowl he kept harping on? He went on and on about it. And after time ran out and a commercial break, he had to moan about it one more freakin time.

That is more than an annoying voice. That is him or his director being an idiot.I don't care if he does predict plays sometimes; even a blind squirrel finds a nut on a good day. But that is no great talent, unless you have lived oversees all your life, and are just starting to watch the game. I can tolerate Aikman and Simms because they don't become a distraction with their input. Collinsworth makes me want to throw stuff at the TV, and that could get expensive.

Haven’t we gone down this road before with recruiting QBs?? Everyone thinks because Peyton is in the building that recruits will flock here. He comes and works with QBs every summer and still schools like Bama and Clemson are getting the top QBs

I love Peyton being around too, but that is more nostalgia than a recruiting strategy. And this fantasy island type notion of bringing in Peyton as Phil's heir apparent is nonsense. If Peyton desired that job and convinced those who could make it happen he would be competent? He wouldn't need a media drama and power struggle to get it.

But all signs so far point to Peyton not being all that interested. It just doesn't seem like what he considers fun. And outside of family, that seems to be his primary motivation.

Plus, I think he was just close enough to the lunacy of this past coaching hire to learn he doesn't want any part of that crap going forward.

VN Store

Back