Why were the Superbowl ratings so low?

So your saying its a combination of things? Great we agree, i said that a long time ago.

We don't agree. You said the biggest factor was the response to kneelers. There is no difference between NFL ratings drops and what the main networks are seeing with other programming.

Reactions: 2 people
We don't agree. You said the biggest factor was the response to kneelers. There is no difference between NFL ratings drops and what the main networks are seeing with other programming.

Where did i say it was the biggest factor?

Where did i say it was the biggest factor?

"most surveys conduct are showing the protest as a leading cause to why people are tuning the nfl out"

This is the point I was refuting. You shared no citations to back it up, but even on its face, I can tell you that surveys are not the greatest way to ask people about their behavior. Example: a person who cut the cord for a whole slew of reasons will poll and say they don't watch NFL because kneelers are the hot button topic and they have an opinion on it. But the reality is they would still watch some if they had DVR.

You can modify questions and get huge variations in takeaways. If respondents are primed with kneeling questions or they are primed by cord-cutting questions, you are going to get very different results.

"most surveys conduct are showing the protest as a leading cause to why people are tuning the nfl out"

This is the point I was refuting. You shared no citations to back it up, but even on its face, I can tell you that surveys are not the greatest way to ask people about their behavior. Example: a person who cut the cord for a whole slew of reasons will poll and say they don't watch NFL because kneelers are the hot button topic and they have an opinion on it. But the reality is they would still watch some if they had DVR.

You can modify questions and get huge variations in takeaways. If respondents are primed with kneeling questions or they are primed by cord-cutting questions, you are going to get very different results.

Okay but i never said it was the biggest factor. I said what surveys ive read said.

Philly don't give a ****. It ain't about politics up here. Wish the vols could have a season like this.

Who is outraged? And why are you asking me about his cursing when i wasnt talking to him? My guess is you are assuming im okay with it because we possibly share the said view? If thats the case you're wrong.

There’s something off putting about people who don’t curse from time to time. I always picture people like that as the type who go home and do some Buffalo Bill type s***

Reactions: 1 person
*whitelash

blacklash whitelash... ...phooey

It's got several factors. Just like was said. Market oversaturation, product quality, the protest, not caring who won because you got no dog in the hunt. It's a game, a kids game grown men play that's far too overhyped.

I was all but done with NFL anyway. They'd go out of business if they depended on folk like me to watch or buy product. Very casually interested in how former Vols are doing, enough so that after watching a movie with the wife we tuned in in time to see Barnett's fumble recovery at the end. I didn't feel like I missed anything I should care about.

There’s something off putting about people who don’t curse from time to time. I always picture people like that as the type who go home and do some Buffalo Bill type s***

Or if you say "shiz" instead of ****. It's the same thing. You're thinking the same thing. It's got the same emotion behind it. The people who hear it are thinking the same thing. What is the difference?

Took me several years to not curse at all. Once you stop, you start to realize hiw stupid it makes people look when they do. Kinda like smoking...you cant smell it till you stop.

Reactions: 1 person
Or if you say "shiz" instead of ****. It's the same thing. You're thinking the same thing. It's got the same emotion behind it. The people who hear it are thinking the same thing. What is the difference?

Can you show me a post where ive said some variation of a curse word to mean that word or ****?

Well of course, im not personally insulting anyone just saying cursing to attmept to get a point across makes the person doing it sound stupid.

I'm just saying you have a shamefully dry rotted approach to linguistics.

VN Store

Back