'18 TN OT Ryan Winkel

Good luck to the young man.

Hopefully can pull Wonnum, Oline needs help & depth.

nope. people are lambasting me for suggesting this in another thread. our oline is perfect and doesn't need any help beyond the guys we already have apparently.

Really!!? Didn't see that coming off his interview with Hyams. That really blows but good luck young man

Catbone missing out on a kid who needs 2 years to develop and who Tennessee offered last week and didn't visit campus not committing is not failure. 🙄

Reactions: 7 people
I don’t understand people who are upset about this. Honestly I take this as a positive sign. He seems like a good kid but he was a fallback option. I’m hoping this means the coaching staff feels good about the other options.

Reactions: 1 person
I heard he got Asian girled

b74.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Since he is a project we probably told him that we did not have a spot. Think we are going after best available at this point.

I am beginning to wonder if we are done with the 4 OL that we have now. No way we turn away Griffin or Smith if they want to commit. Then I look at it this way, we can't take the chance on not getting any at all. Tough line to walk for coaches who haven't had much time to recruit.

Since he is a project we probably told him that we did not have a spot. Think we are going after best available at this point.

A project is the fat, slow, weak and out of shape OL that Jones brought in. This guy is 6’7, 300 and can play at 330. Is mobile, athletic, carries no bad weight, highly intelligent, has nice bend, plays nasty, and plays through the whistle. That is NOT a project. That is a kid with tremendous upside. Pretty comparable to Dan Skipper and we see how that turned out

Reactions: 1 person
I dont anything about his recruitment other than whats on here but I heard his radio interview. No way u pick Rkansas over the school you dreamed of playing for unless theres a back story we dont know about.

I dont anything about his recruitment other than whats on here but I heard his radio interview. No way u pick Rkansas over the school you dreamed of playing for unless theres a back story we dont know about.

It’s basically what Nashvegas said a few posts above. We showed interest but he was down the line. It’s getting late in the cycle and classes are filling up. He reserved his spot with Arkansas.

VN Store

Back