East Tennessee Weather II

2-3 forecasted here in Clarksvegas.

It’s snowing pretty good currently, wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being a little more.

2-3 forecasted here in Clarksvegas.

It’s snowing pretty good currently, wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being a little more.

Yah. It’s getting crazy. Mets are reportedly discussing how the models are catching up with the mostiure

If that happens RIP Memphis.

Heavy bands in dark green! I’m gone to bed but congrats west tn! Hopefully it does this all across the state!

Attachments

• 47065690-0595-4479-AACB-EFDBA4ED5891.jpg
    47065690-0595-4479-AACB-EFDBA4ED5891.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2
  • B1133B59-313B-40BA-8CBE-294E046D8D62.jpg
    B1133B59-313B-40BA-8CBE-294E046D8D62.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1
Can I get an update on amounts and timing for west Knoxville. Say Pellissippi and east?

Things could get really interesting. It's really tapping into the Gulf moisture and is training over places

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1516085191520.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516085191520.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1
I can’t sleep.

It’s slowed some but looks more sped up to others. 7-10 with 3-5

Issuing Office: Knoxville/Tri-Cities
Source: National.Weather.Service
3:21am EST, Tue Jan 16

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 1 AM EST WEDNESDAY... * WHAT... SNOW IS EXPECTED. PLAN ON SLIPPERY ROAD CONDITIONS, INCLUDING DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. * WHERE... PORTIONS OF EAST TENNESSEE, SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA AND SOUTHWEST NORTH CAROLINA. * WHEN... FROM NOON TODAY TO 1 AM EST WEDNESDAY. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS... BE PREPARED FOR REDUCED VISIBILITIES AT TIMES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES, AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. THE LATEST ROAD CONDITIONS FOR THE STATE YOU ARE CALLING FROM CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 5 1 1.

More Information
... LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED TODAY INTO EARLY TONIGHT... .A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL BRING COLDER AIR AND SNOW TO THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION. AN AREA OF LIGHT SNOW WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA TODAY AND EARLY TONIGHT, WITH SOME LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED.

NWS pushed it to start at 12 noon now instead of what they originally had as 10am. What do you think RT or VK?

Yeah, I'm afraid I've seen this story before. It gets pushed back later and later until all we get is a half inch.

Issuing Office: Knoxville/Tri-Cities
Source: National.Weather.Service
3:21am EST, Tue Jan 16

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 1 AM EST WEDNESDAY... * WHAT... SNOW IS EXPECTED. PLAN ON SLIPPERY ROAD CONDITIONS, INCLUDING DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. * WHERE... PORTIONS OF EAST TENNESSEE, SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA AND SOUTHWEST NORTH CAROLINA. * WHEN... FROM NOON TODAY TO 1 AM EST WEDNESDAY. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS... BE PREPARED FOR REDUCED VISIBILITIES AT TIMES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES, AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. THE LATEST ROAD CONDITIONS FOR THE STATE YOU ARE CALLING FROM CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 5 1 1.

More Information
... LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED TODAY INTO EARLY TONIGHT... .A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL BRING COLDER AIR AND SNOW TO THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION. AN AREA OF LIGHT SNOW WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA TODAY AND EARLY TONIGHT, WITH SOME LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED.

NWS pushed it to start at 12 noon now instead of what they originally had as 10am. What do you think RT or VK?

Yeah, I'm afraid I've seen this story before. It gets pushed back later and later until all we get is a half inch.

How does a storm arriving later equal less snow? I would understand that thinking if the temps were warm enough to perhaps change it to rain first, but that's not happening.

As far as the system right now, there's obviously more moisture than what the models were showing. I'm hesitant right now to put a lot of trust in any of the models right now.

How does a storm arriving later equal less snow? I would understand that thinking if the temps were warm enough to perhaps change it to rain first, but that's not happening.

As far as the system right now, there's obviously more moisture than what the models were showing. I'm hesitant right now to put a lot of trust in any of the models right now.

Are you saying that because of the plateau factor?

Radar isn't looking impressive in Kentucky or middle Tennessee right now. Looks like it's breaking up some. Hopefully it taps into more moisture

Radar isn't looking impressive in Kentucky or middle Tennessee right now. Looks like it's breaking up some. Hopefully it taps into more moisture

I had a feeling that would happen, that is what I asked RT about late last night. His company is going to be pissed if this thing turns out to be a bust 😁

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back