Putting a face with a screen name

picture.php

Early AM, waiting for the hot air balloon to inflate.

Dammit, if I say it’s safe to surf this beach, then dammit it’s safe to surf this beach.

Reactions: 2 people
that's awesome....never jumped from a balloon...must be smooth, with no prop or jet wash...

It's eerie. You leave the balloon into noiseless air. Several seconds into freefall, you begin to hear the rushing of the wind. I exited at 5500', tracked away for ~12 seconds and deployed at 3500'. Flew to a field which looked good from altitude, but was full of harvested cotton stubble. No snags on my gear, though. :yahoo:

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, sport jumpers have it easy. Some of what's required of Airborne is contrary to our safety rules. Fair skies and favorable winds, Yank. :hi:

From my first PJ duty (or maybe AJ)

Attachments

• ABCB852E-CB38-400C-B85C-C5435C58D93B.jpg
    ABCB852E-CB38-400C-B85C-C5435C58D93B.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 8 people
Reminds me of the rant about gear in Band of Brothers.

I know the other posters won’t tell you Yank, but you’ve got something on your face. You’re welcome.

Reactions: 2 people
The girlfriend and I in Smithville, TX last Saturday night. We’ve known each other since high school. In 2016 she asked me to run a half marathon with her and over the last 18 months, something very special has developed. Soulmates are real.

Attachments

• E744694E-01C7-4EAA-B21B-A152C5FE3E46.jpg
    E744694E-01C7-4EAA-B21B-A152C5FE3E46.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 9
The girlfriend and I in Smithville, TX last Saturday night. We’ve known each other since high school. In 2016 she asked me to run a half marathon with her and over the last 18 months, something very special has developed. Soulmates are real.

Congrats man. That's good stuff.

Out kicked your coverage.
Nice job.
It’s awesome when that happens and they’re your best friend too

VN Store

Back