Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MADISONGAVOL View Post
Number one on uga's board...love make they cry over this one

They will need to get their Kleenex box ready then.

This one is ours and so is Gruden:)

200.webp

Reactions: 3 people
Atl Vol, I think I speak for all of us in the recruiting forum: please post more :)
Thank you for the info you bring!

No you don’t. Because he’s another fake insider on a message board. He also called Trevor Lawrence to flip to UT after we hired Pruitt (even though Lawrence signed financial aid papers with Clemson months before that and showed zero signs of flipping to us or anyone else). And he said, and I quote, after claiming Cade would recommit to the new UT coach “just trust me on Cade guys!!”

Yeah. No thanks. I don’t need a sunshine pumper cloaked in fake message board insider garb. Unless someone knows Walker personally and very well, don’t get too excited based on something like what he posted.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't recall AV claiming Gruden.

He posted about 40 times in the Gruden thread. Was all over the Grumors just like any other numbskull Vol fan was. He’s just another dude on here guys. Come on. Bash me for telling the truth if you just want to believe him to make yourself feel better but go read his posts before you take anything he says too seriously.

Have read some ridiculous things on here and arguing if our starting center is in fact a starting center ranks very high.

That's literally arguing to argue. Between grown folks lmao.

Sidenote: a starting center doesn't have to be a reliable scoring threat. His ability to not be able to post up doesn't disqualify him as a starting center. He can rebound, block shots, defend paint, etc

Lol this post is classic. Point out ridiculous argument then proceed to weigh in on said argument 😂

He posted about 40 times in the Gruden thread. Was all over the Grumors just like any other numbskull Vol fan was. He’s just another dude on here guys. Come on. Bash me for telling the truth if you just want to believe him to make yourself feel better but go read his posts before you take anything he says too seriously.

All he ever did was confirm that some info MIT-Beaver had about a golf course was true. That’s it. Never said he was legit or that the rumors were, just that at least a piece of the beaver’s story wasn’t pulled out of his *ss.

Reactions: 1 person
No you don’t. Because he’s another fake insider on a message board. He also called Trevor Lawrence to flip to UT after we hired Pruitt (even though Lawrence signed financial aid papers with Clemson months before that and showed zero signs of flipping to us or anyone else). And he said, and I quote, after claiming Cade would recommit to the new UT coach “just trust me on Cade guys!!”

Yeah. No thanks. I don’t need a sunshine pumper cloaked in fake message board insider garb. Unless someone knows Walker personally and very well, don’t get too excited based on something like what he posted.

giphy.webp

Read what he said about Cade and Trevor. And I just went back 2 pages into his history. I’d say going back further will show you even more.

No. The east in general was a weak division during that period.

Somewhat. But our expectations were raised because of his recruiting. The bottom line is that recruiting wasn't the problem- development was. He recruited well enough to meet our goals.

Atlanta Vol has done enough for other folks that his credibility should never be questioned. That being said this stuff changes day over day and I would never expect everything that is said to be completely accurate.

In short, he's a good dude. Back the eff off.

Reactions: 21 people
Atlanta Vol has done enough for other folks that his credibility should never be questioned. That being said this stuff changes day over day and I would never expect everything that is said to be completely accurate.

In short, he's a good dude. Back the eff off.

Yep

Wrong. He never confirmed Gruden. He simply confirmed that Beaver was someone who could get information. People have been confusing this, and it's simply not true.

He said the right hire would get Lawrenece and Cade. There are two ways that the results can be interpreted. He's no fake insider, but you (like everyone else) are welcome to form your own opinion.

He got his share of 4 and 5 star players but this current staff will likely recruit on another level. DeConley has been saying for awhile that Butch wouldn't compete with UGA, Bama, Ohio State and other programs of the like for elite recruits. That's not the case anymore. Just look at what Pruitt thought of our class before he and the staff got their hands on it. They basically scoffed at it.

The problem too was that Butch lost all momentum in recruiting. He recruited well early on, but he eventually proved he could not develop or win big games. The recruiting since that revelation became obvious was pretty bad. We were rarely ever in on highly rated guys that didn't have a connection here.

Most new coaches get the new excitement bump and recruit well early on promising hope and lots of available playing time. But I think Pruitt is doing something different. Nobody expected him to do that for THIS class. Next year's maybe, but expectations were initially low with the signing period and juggling both jobs. He has changed those expectations now. And looking back at his track record makes you see how he could carry this on for a long time.

If he can coach, we're in for a ride.

Last edited:
Somewhat. But our expectations were raised because of his recruiting. The bottom line is that recruiting wasn't the problem- development was. He recruited well enough to meet our goals.

I'm not saying he was a bad recruiter, but his rep was definitely helped by a huge number of legacies in his first couple classes. He was an above average recruiter and terrible at developing talent. I would say it's also fair to question how he weighted mentality and toughness in his recruiting evaluations with the reports of players not taking S&C seriously.

He recruited well enough to win the east during those few years, but Kirby and probably Mullen also would have left him in the dust.

I'm not saying he was a bad recruiter, but his rep was definitely helped by a huge number of legacies in his first couple classes. He was an above average recruiter and terrible at developing talent. I would say it's also fair to question how he weighted mentality and toughness in his recruiting evaluations with the reports of players not taking S&C seriously.

He recruited well enough to win the east during those few years, but Kirby and probably Mullen also would have left him in the dust.

We won't ever know, but if he was developing the talent, then as alluded above, recruiting would have been fine. We were starved for winning our division after years of poor play. Butch brought in talent that was great enough to win the division. Development was just not good enough. Don't know how else to say it. You have to do both, but you can't just say now that he really wasn't great at recruiting.

I love our new staff but they did sign half our players from the last staff and wanted to keep Martinez and Mays. Part of the changes on defense are scheme related.

I don't know dango....I went back to a quote of his on 11-2-2017 and AV said he heard it wasn't looking good on the Gruden front. On 10-4-2017 he said Gruden was not on Curries radar

And his last quote about Trevor Lawrence was he felt we COULD flip him with the " right hire". Pruitt and Co did kick the tires. Maybe Trevor would have came if so called " QB guru" Gruden would have taken it.

Last edited:

How many people donate 5000 to a strangers on this board medical fund? How many people at the last minute provide terrace tickets after they lost tickets he gave them? He may be wrong from time to time because things are fluid but he is not another dude like you in this site. Never said 100 percent done on Gruden and Gruden did have an offer in his lap again and was smart not to take it at the time offered. Also, don’t think he ever really wanted to coach in college. But he has done way more for people on this board and it’s been verified.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back