If you can't beat em, steal their D coordinator

Wut?

He's literally on the Bama sideline. Who gives a **** if he has an A on his hat. He's there to finish a job, and the commentators have made a point to mention more than once that we hired him away.
I wonder how many recruits will sign with Gump because of last night's performance.

I'm hoping Georgia loses. We can't have them start becoming an Alabama of the East every year. I know losing against Alabama wouldn't necessarily prevent it from happening but we need all we can.
Win lose or draw, Georgia is not a flash in the pan. We are going to have to be really really good to beat them going forward. I don't think it will happen for another 4 or 5 years. We better focus on and enjoy beating the gators because that will be our "quality" win.

Reactions: 1 person
Bama doesn't give us a second thought.
It wouldn't surprise me if they scheduled homecoming on that date.
When I was at U.T. as a student, we beat Alabama and Bear Bryant 4 straight years. 24-13, 10-9, 41-14, and 24-0. We could have scheduled them for Homecoming.

I’m actually surprised and a little disappointed to see Pruitt decked out in Alabama gear. I figured he would dress neutral if nothing else. I didn’t expect him to be in all orange but hoped for generic Nike I guess.

Thank god he thought to wear cloths. I think it would be a slap in the face to disrespect his position with the institution and team that go him his new job. I would not have had a very high opinion of him if he had rubbed his new job in their faces...

So true none of our defense starters would start for Alabama Defense
Hmmmm. OP named 4 who'd have a shot at starting for nicky. Let's guess that Shy (minus a dirty dawg's criminally administered tackle) could start on anybody's D-line, and with bammer's coaching-up, K-Mac would, too. And let's also don't forget Darryl Taylor. CJP's got more talent with which to work than you're prognosticating, Biopsy buddy. Think about it.

Win lose or draw, Georgia is not a flash in the pan. We are going to have to be really really good to beat them going forward. I don't think it will happen for another 4 or 5 years. We better focus on and enjoy beating the gators because that will be our "quality" win.

I don't think the Ga. team is any different now than in the past. Just a new attitude and more aggressive now than under Coach Ric over the past few years of his time as coach. They seem to be more "in your face" now than they have been in the past.

Nah. That's just at least a couple of years too pessimistic...at least.

When I was at U.T. as a student, we beat Alabama and Bear Bryant 4 straight years. 24-13, 10-9, 41-14, and 24-0. We could have scheduled them for Homecoming.
When I was a student a long drought ended and the strip was (figuratively) on fire. Bread trucks overturned yada yada yada. It happens, but truthfully we have not been 'in their league' for a long long time. Kind of like beating Florida after 11 years. We celebrated like we won the NC. When we beat Bama again we will do the same thing. It's pathetic.

I don't think the Ga. team is any different now than in the past. Just a new attitude and more aggressive now than under Coach Ric over the past few years of his time as coach. They seem to be more "in your face" now than they have been in the past.
Not sure of your point.

Our rivals are Bama and Florida.

Georgia is no more a rival than South Carolina or Kentucky.

That’s funny. We have an entire thread entitled “Vols Taunted By Georgia Fans.” Vols hatred spewed at Georgia matches no other rival. It’s at a fever pitch right now because they are “on fire,” and we were a “dumpster fire” before CJP arrived.

At least with SC and UK, we actually have a chance of beating them in the next few years.

The good news is, with Georgia’s success, we get a share of 2 CFP payouts. Alabama and Georgia each received $6M for making the CFP. (No additional payout, other than travel expenses, for reaching the finals.)

Last edited:
Are they allowed to wear gear that isn’t team issued and branded?

And I wish both could lose but I hope Bama loses more. UGA could be a one-off. Bama is a dynasty that needs to keep losing in the NC game until their national perception takes a big hit.
Why not be like Majors or the Bear and wear a classy wool blazer? I dont think branding or logo is an issue with those. Nothing says a coach has to wear athletic apparel at all.

Pruitt, making Venebles look mediocre. Man this dude knows what he is doing!
Can't let GA win a National Championship. They stole Cade Mays and dip into our pool of 'cruits. We are dipping into Bama's 'cruits with Pruitt. Free marketing with him on the TV tonight. Said "Named head coach of Tennessee".

It's both our rivals in the championship boys. We can't let GA have a leg up. Gotta nip this in the bud quick before we have two Bamas to play every season.

In closing, we are on the up. Pruitt will land at least one 5 star. top 12 recruiting class at least.
Nigel Warrior and TK on the field at the same time with DK and Bitulli. With this coaching, we are good to go.

Happy New Year.

Is TKjr. getting another year for a medical redshirt?

I’m actually surprised and a little disappointed to see Pruitt decked out in Alabama gear. I figured he would dress neutral if nothing else. I didn’t expect him to be in all orange but hoped for generic Nike I guess.

He's a Bammer through and through. Always will be.

That’s funny. We have an entire thread entitled “Vols Taunted By Georgia Fans.” Vols hatred spewed at Georgia matches no other rival. It’s at a fever pitch right now because they are “on fire,” and we were a “dumpster fire” before CJP arrived.

At least with SC and UK, we actually have a chance of beating them in the next few years.

The good news is, with Georgia’s success, we get a share of 2 CFP payouts. Alabama and Georgia each received $6M for making the CFP. (No additional payout, other than travel expenses, for reaching the finals.)

You don't think we're a dumpster fire now?

What's sad is that multiple members of our front 7, if they did go to Alabama and spent their college careers there, would be great players. I have no doubt that Kongbo, McKenzie, Tuttle, and Kirkland Jr. would all be great players that everybody in the country would know if they went to Alabama. Everybody in the country wanted those guys. They aren't all simply busts that would have busted at any school.

Jeremy Pruitt recruited and Alabama offered a player like Will Ignont, for example. Every top program in the southeast and a few outside of the south offered him. It's not like Tennessee only gets scraps left over from who Alabama doesn't want. We'll see what a new coaching staff can do.

Reactions: 3 people
When I was a student a long drought ended and the strip was (figuratively) on fire. Bread trucks overturned yada yada yada. It happens, but truthfully we have not been 'in their league' for a long long time. Kind of like beating Florida after 11 years. We celebrated like we won the NC. When we beat Bama again we will do the same thing. It's pathetic.

Just so you know or may have forgotten we owned bama in the 90's. Bama was once down. All teams have had bad era's. Ours has been a quite of stretch but it won't last forever. I've seen all the major teams in the sec hit hard times. I promise you when bama finally broke our winning streak they went nuts like they had won the Nat Championship or something. Students go to school for 4 years, they live in the moment that goes for all universities not just Tenn. Our all time wins still is right up there, bowl appearances still up there. We are still the 2nd winningest team in the SEC and we still hold more victories over bama than anyone. Things will change. Our time is coming again. GBO!!!!

Yeah I noticed an injured Alabama player wearing a Gucci sweatshirt with a bunch of gold chains on the sideline and thought really ?

I almost agree, but I think some argument could be made that Gaulden could have started for Bama instead of Anthony Avertt

Name Pos Ht, Wt Year Tackles TFL (Sacks) Run Stuffs* Int (PBU) FF Succ. Rate**

Anthony Averett DB 6'0, 185 SR 34.0 2 (0) 4 1 (7) 0 59.0%

Rashaan Gaulden DB 6'1, 193 JR 52.0 3.5 (0) 9 1 (5) 3 53.2%

other than that, i got NOTHING.

VN Store

Back