Sessions Orders DOJ to Look into Uranium One Deal

Seems a little late.. but ok

Since when is it ever too late to uncover government corruption? Of course this is just a political move by our idiot dotard President. Sessions didn't just decide to do this on his own.

Since when is it ever too late to uncover government corruption? Of course this is just a political move by our idiot dotard President. Sessions didn't just decide to do this on his own.

Any investigation into corrupt dealings undertaken by members of one party against another party is a political move. It doesn't mean there is nothing to them, though.

Reactions: 1 person

Actually, GOP members of the House sent him a letter asking him to re-examine the issue. The person specifically behind it was, of course, Nunes.

What's interesting about it is that 1) Sessions specifically testified before Congress that he would recuse himself from any investigations of Clinton or Trump. Thus, by writing this letter, he has proven that he committed perjury and he must resign and possibly be prosecuted (I laugh, because its about the tenth time Sessions has committed perjury;

and 2) Nunes is part of a small group of GOP Congressmen holding secret meetings (itself a violation of federal law) to try to undermine the DOJ and the FBI.

Words you can't use at CDC. Threatening UN members over today's meaningless vote on recognizing the capital of Israel. Trump himself tweeting that he's going to take over the FBI and rebuild it. Secret GOP meetings of Congress to go after the FBI and the DOJ. Trump firing those who do not promise to do his bidding.

And you idiots thought Obama was authoritarian.

Reactions: 4 people

The uranium is gone.. how this happened is a disgrace

Actually, GOP members of the House sent him a letter asking him to re-examine the issue. The person specifically behind it was, of course, Nunes.

What's interesting about it is that 1) Sessions specifically testified before Congress that he would recuse himself from any investigations of Clinton or Trump. Thus, by writing this letter, he has proven that he committed perjury and he must resign and possibly be prosecuted (I laugh, because its about the tenth time Sessions has committed perjury;

and 2) Nunes is part of a small group of GOP Congressmen holding secret meetings (itself a violation of federal law) to try to undermine the DOJ and the FBI.

Words you can't use at CDC. Threatening UN members over today's meaningless vote on recognizing the capital of Israel. Trump himself tweeting that he's going to take over the FBI and rebuild it. Secret GOP meetings of Congress to go after the FBI and the DOJ. Trump firing those who do not promise to do his bidding.

You need to give up law and go into comedy, you’d be better at it.

Reactions: 8 people

And yet Sessions has not been brought up on charges of perjury by anyone in Congress. Quite the low hanging fruit to score political points, remove an opponent, and solicit for fundraising. How strange that the Politicians would allow this perfect storm to slip through their greedy grasp.

Secret meetings are being held. Secret meetings for a small group. Secret meetings in violation of law. But somehow youre privy to who is in the secret meetings AND the intent of the secret meetings. Clairvoyance is a remarkable ability.

Words you can't use at CDC.
Which the director of the CDC has denied a prohibition exists.

Threatening UN members over today's meaningless vote on recognizing the capital of Israel. Trump himself tweeting that he's going to take over the FBI and rebuild it. Secret GOP meetings of Congress to go after the FBI and the DOJ. Trump firing those who do not promise to do his bidding.

They all are.

Reactions: 3 people
And yet Sessions has not been brought up on charges of perjury by anyone in Congress. Quite the low hanging fruit to score political points, remove an opponent, and solicit for fundraising. How strange that the Politicians would allow this perfect storm to slip through their greedy grasp.

Not with the GOP in charge. If the Dems win back the House, Sessions should be worried.

Secret meetings are being held. Secret meetings for a small group. Secret meetings in violation of law. But somehow youre privy to who is in the secret meetings AND the intent of the secret meetings. Clairvoyance is a remarkable ability.

Here is a link for you:

House Republicans quietly investigate perceived corruption at DOJ, FBI - POLITICO

They SAY they are upset because they feel they are not getting enough info on the dossier. The things they are not being told are due to national security concerns, even from GOP loyalists within these agencies. What does that suggest to you?

It suggests to me that the dossier is a window into the truth about Trump, at some level, and the evidence is being gathered so its a slam dunk.

Mueller and his team, and the intelligence agencies, are aware of what the reaction is going to be when they out Trump and all of his dirty laundry. They know that the case will have to be overwhelming to be accepted by the Trump nuthuggers.

Which the director of the CDC has denied a prohibition exists.

There seems to be some confusion there. Here is a pretty good article, which is politically down the middle.

The CDC’s “word ban” may be politics as usual. But it’s still concerning. - Vox

The conclusion is that the words are not per se banned. Its just that when doing the budget, there is a sensitivity to using those words because they might offend the religious right.

So they are basically self-censoring. Which is pathetic.

They all are.

The big news in the Trump investigation by Mueller is yet to come. I predict its going to be an overwhelming catalogue of evidence of criminal activity by Trump. So iron clad that it cannot be overcome by taking pot shots at people's texts.

Reactions: 2 people
The big news in the Trump investigation by Mueller is yet to come. I predict its going to be an overwhelming catalogue of evidence of criminal activity by Trump. So iron clad that it cannot be overcome by taking pot shots at people's texts.

Uranium One has Muellers name all over it. Bet he backs down from his own investigation.
On behalf of the U.S. government, Robert Mueller delivered a sample of highly enriched uranium confiscated from smugglers in Georgia to Russian authorities for forensic examination in 2009.

Reactions: 2 people
Gator-talk, swamp brain diarrhea:
1. Not with the GOP in charge. If the Dems win back the House, Sessions should be worried.

2. House Republicans quietly investigate perceived corruption at DOJ, FBI - POLITICO

3a. There seems to be some confusion there. Here is a pretty good article, which is politically down the middle.

3b. The CDC’s “word ban” may be politics as usual. But it’s still concerning. - Vox

3c. The conclusion is that the words are not per se banned. Its just that when doing the budget, there is a sensitivity to using those words because they might offend the religious right.

1. So Session has broken the law mutiple times with an impeachable (censure-able at minimum) offense and the Ds can only go after him with a majority? Pfft...if nothing else this would be fantastic David v Goliath fundraising had the idiot politicians thought as the idiot gator does.

2. Politico is able to get the skinny on super secret decoder ring meetings that are inlawful in content. We should save money by having politico replace the FBI since their powers of investigation are supernatural. Perhaps there are meetings but the content is not quite so conspiratorial.

3a-3c. CDC director tweets there is no prohibition, no censorship, nothing to the story but you are buying the story because of the ideology of the publisher? Finally, your closing argument is: banned words are not banned per se. Brilliance in action there, LG. You've certainly argued the case in a slam dunk manner.

I can't think of one good reason to sell uranium to Russia, can you? Maybe there is one, lets find out. If we don't have one I want all involved out in jail regardless of party.

I can't think of one good reason to sell uranium to Russia, can you? Maybe there is one, lets find out. If we don't have one I want all involved out in jail regardless of party.

So if government officials alter US policy to help Russia, that's at least grounds to boot them out of office and maybe to criminally charge them?

I just want to make sure we agree on the standard moving forward.

So if government officials alter US policy to help Russia, that's at least grounds to boot them out of office and maybe to criminally charge them?

Help is a vague word. And did the US official receive benefit from that help?

Help is a vague word. And did the US official receive benefit from that help?

So you are ok with U1 deal if it was in national interest or at least did not hurt it?

What about if investigation shows Trump benefited from Russian interference in the election and he's helping them now, in return?

I'm glad that VN is available to stimulate your mind as it does mine. It would suck to be a genius with no outlet.

So you are ok with U1 deal if it was in national interest or at least did not hurt it?

What about if investigation shows Trump benefited from Russian interference in the election and he's helping them now, in return?

If it is shown that the U1 deal isn't a threat to our interests, no I wouldn't have a problem. Even if the deal is shown to be no threat but US officials were bribed to pass the deal those officials need to be prosecuted and the deal voided.

If he benefited without participation or colluding, nope, no problem. You need to define helping for me to answer the rest.

VN Store

Back