'18 FL CB Tanner Ingle (UT commit 6/19/17)

He!! Yeah ! Love this kid, so happy for him. I'm going to follow this kid and root for a team I kinda like anyway, they always seem to come up with a big upset. I'm going to pull a D4H and say this kid ends up all-ACC, in his career, whether on defense or special teams.

He's right. Alabama has a history of not putting players in the league.

They don't have a history of NFL stars given their dominance of college football the last 10 years. LSU and Georgia have produced more star NFL players.

Outside of Julio Jones, there has not been a truly great NFL player produced by Alabama.

They don't have a history of NFL stars given their dominance of college football the last 10 years. LSU and Georgia have produced more star NFL players.

Outside of Julio Jones, there has not been a truly great NFL player produced by Alabama.

Just stop

Just stop

Name em then? Name the perennial all-pro/pro-bowler produced by Alabama since Saban took over?

I can only think of Julio Jones. Other than that, you have a couple of one or two time pro-bowlers that had a great season once in awhile. The only true NFL superstar produced in the last 10 years by Alabama is Julio Jones. Interestingly our program that has been complete garbage for that same time span has also produced one superstar (Eric Berry).

Compare that to Georgia for example that has had nowhere near the success in college that Alabama has had and yet they have produced AJ Green, Justin Houston, and Geno Atkins. That's 3 perennial all-pro/pro-bowl caliber players. 2 more than Alabama.

And then we have LSU which has produced Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Patrick Peterson, and Tyrann Mathieu. That's 4 perennial all-pro/pro-bowl caliber players. 3 more than Alabama.

Alabama has a problem producing NFL stars.

Name em then? Name the perennial all-pro/pro-bowler produced by Alabama since Saban took over?

I can only think of Julio Jones. Other than that, you have a couple of one or two time pro-bowlers that had a great season once in awhile. The only true NFL superstar produced in the last 10 years by Alabama is Julio Jones. Interestingly our program that has been complete garbage for that same time span has also produced one superstar (Eric Berry).

Compare that to Georgia for example that has had nowhere near the success in college that Alabama has had and yet they have produced AJ Green, Justin Houston, and Geno Atkins. That's 3 perennial all-pro/pro-bowl caliber players. 2 more than Alabama.

And then we have LSU which has produced Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Patrick Peterson, and Tyrann Mathieu. That's 4 perennial all-pro/pro-bowl caliber players. 3 more than Alabama.

Bama may have a problem producing hall of famers in the NFL but they sure as hell win championships....

I don’t think the goal is to produce “superstars”. Not many schools produce multiple superstars repeatedly in the NFL. That gets spread around quite a bit. Are you calling Justin Houston and Geno Atkins superstars??? That’s a big stretch. Pro Bowl doesn’t equate to super stardom, just like every NBA All Star isn’t Lebron or KD.

But just to destroy your ridiculous mouth breathing drivel let’s use facts instead of selective reasoning and opinions....

Julio Jones AND Amari Cooper are both Pro Bowl WRs and two of the top WRs in the NFL.

You were impressed by UGA having 3 Pro Bowlers. Bama literally just broke the all time record in 2016 with SIX Pro Bowlers in one year. They had FIVE in 2014.

Alabama sets record with 6 former players picked for Pro Bowl | AL.com

Also, Alabama had 44 players on NFL rosters to start the 2017 season. Only LSU had significantly more with 51. Florida and USC were the only other teams with more than Bama with 45 each.

The goal isn’t “who has the most superstars”. That’s dumb. I don’t think anyone has multiple true superstars in the NFL at one time. Definitely no more than two if anyone even has two (again, not talking about all stars talking top 1-2 in the NFL at their given position). But if it were the goal, Bama is at or near the top of that list anyway if you’re saying Pro Bowl = Super Stardom. Again, you’d be hard pressed to find a school with multiple (take that UGA nonsense outta here) future HOF players playing right now. The goal is to get your players drafted and Alabama has done that better than almost anyone else in college football. Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don’t think the goal is to produce “superstars”. Not many schools produce multiple superstars repeatedly in the NFL. That gets spread around quite a bit (Brady, Rogers, Elliott, all went to different schools). Are you calling Justin Houston and Geno Atkins superstars??? That’s a big stretch. Pro Bowl doesn’t equate to super stardom, just like every NBA All Star isn’t Lebron or KD.

But just to destroy your ridiculous mouth breathing drivel let’s use facts instead of selective reasoning and opinions.

Julio Jones AND Amari Cooper are both Pro Bowl WRs and two of the top WRs in the NFL.

You were impressed by UGA having 3 Pro Bowlers. Bama literally just broke the all time record with SIX Pro Bowlers in one year.

Also, Alabama had 44 players on NFL rosters to start the 2017 season. Only LSU had significantly more with 51. Florida and USC were the only other teams with more than Bama with 45 each.

The goal isn’t “who has the most superstars”. That’s dumb. But if it were the goal, Bama is at or near the top of that list anyway if you’re saying Pro Bowl = Super Stardom. Again, you’d be hard pressed to find a school with multiple (take that UGA nonsense outta here) future HOF players playing right now. The goal is to get your players drafted and Alabama has done that better than almost anyone else in college football. Period.

Geno Atkins has been a 5-time Pro Bowlers already and 4-time All-Pro. Justin Houston has been a 4-time Pro-Bowler already and 1-time All-Pro. They might not be superstars in the sense of being nationally known but their production is that of superstar NFL caliber.

Alabama got lucky last year with a bunch of first time pro-bowlers that have had sub-par seasons this year (Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, HaHa Clinton-Dix). They don't have the sort of consistent pro-bowlers that Justin Houston and Geno Atkins have been early in their careers.

The only Alabama player who has 4 or more Pro-Bowl selections is Julio Jones.

Geno Atkins has been a 5-time Pro Bowlers already and 4-time All-Pro. Justin Houston has been a 4-time Pro-Bowler already and 1-time All-Pro. They might not be superstars in the sense of being nationally known but their production is that of superstar NFL caliber.

Alabama got lucky last year with a bunch of first time pro-bowlers that have had sub-par seasons this year (Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, HaHa Clinton-Dix). They don't have the sort of consistent pro-bowlers that Justin Houston and Geno Atkins have been early in their careers.

The only Alabama player who has 4 or more Pro-Bowl selections is Julio Jones.

You were using “super stars” as your measuring stick. They’re very good players but not super stars.

Alabama and UGA tied with 5 top 100 players in the NFL as we speak. I think that puts this to rest. :eek:k:

Reactions: 1 person
I want Tennessee to be good at COLLEGE football just like Alabama is good at it. Cause that’s what we play. Tennessee isn’t in the NFL.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/tanneringle/status/940758844392828928[/twitter]

Best of luck to him.

Just think. If we had Doeren, Ingle is probably still in the fold.

tenor.gif

I don’t think the goal is to produce “superstars”. Not many schools produce multiple superstars repeatedly in the NFL. That gets spread around quite a bit. Are you calling Justin Houston and Geno Atkins superstars??? That’s a big stretch. Pro Bowl doesn’t equate to super stardom, just like every NBA All Star isn’t Lebron or KD.

But just to destroy your ridiculous mouth breathing drivel let’s use facts instead of selective reasoning and opinions....

You were impressed by UGA having 3 Pro Bowlers. Bama literally just broke the all time record in 2016 with SIX Pro Bowlers in one year. They had FIVE in 2014.

The goal isn’t “who has the most superstars”. That’s dumb. I don’t think anyone has multiple true superstars in the NFL at one time. Definitely no more than two if anyone even has two (again, not talking about all stars talking top 1-2 in the NFL at their given position). But if it were the goal, Bama is at or near the top of that list anyway if you’re saying Pro Bowl = Super Stardom. Again, you’d be hard pressed to find a school with multiple (take that UGA nonsense outta here) future HOF players playing right now. The goal is to get your players drafted and Alabama has done that better than almost anyone else in college football. Period.

D4H right now. :)
0i30KPV.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back