Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Air on MNF is not really the proper place to address Gruden's future plans either with ESPN or Tennessee. There should be an announcement from ESPN that he is leaving the MNF broadcast then followed by BREAKING NEWS he is Tennesse HC.

I believe ESPN and members of the MNF crew know his decision and where chiding him in a friendly way on air last night without revealing to the audience what they were really talking about.

I would expect an announcement some time today about his departure from ESPN. It is possible there could be an arrangement from Gruden to take the HC job and continue to work MNF for the remainder of the season (3 games).

No

Many of us jumped back in this thread around the Ga game so it’s been 2 months of anticipation, code deciphering, reading hieroglyphics and waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And the events of the last 10 days felt like a month. All that being said, I’m ready for it to end.

Yep.

No one in local radio talking Gruden or MNF this morning. Not a soul!! I just cant see UT shocking the world and running Gruden out to the podium in complete secrecy. Im not sure I have any hope Gruden happens....unless we start getting some positive leaks VERY SOON!!!

Then I think it’s up to PF to temper expectations before the coaching announcement if it’s not Gruden.

Reactions: 1 person
Many of us jumped back in this thread around the Ga game so it’s been 2 months of anticipation, code deciphering, reading hieroglyphics and waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And the events of the last 10 days felt like a month. All that being said, I’m ready for it to end.

Mornin'
Was you that mentioned having an ongoing thread for us to meet in after we have coach or someone else??

I hope so! I just took it as he got a call, and said no. By what his co-host said.

"if you'd answered the call and said yes"

Yeah, I thought we were supposed to get a definitive Yes or No last night

That was still only a hint or either ... this is wearing me out

Morning fellas! and ladies...

Well here we are. Tuesday morning of hiring week. Its do or die time. Here is where I am at.

My AD contact thinks its between Les Miles or Mel Tucker. He is leaning towards Les. I asked him why that was, and he said just because of the relationship and respect that Phillip has for Les. I asked about Gruden and he chuckled. I asked why and he said, well, he hasn't said no so there is always a possibility. He said when he mentioned it around Phillip and some boosters that were there on Thursday and Friday, everyone got quiet.

My VFL contacts, all seem to lean towards Les. They are tired of the Gruden talk and think its not him. They do think however, that Tee is coming home. if I had to say, I would say 85% Les, 15% whoever else on them. Said info has dried up and Phillip isn't talking. I am not talking about VFLs (former players) that were just on the team. These were ones that played and are very close to Phillip to this day.

My two booster contacts, they are Gruden. They said that they have met and countered and met again every demand and wish that Gruden wanted for the staff and so on. They have negotiated several times, and they think that just for the pure fact that they are still doing this, they believe its him. You don't go this far in the process if you don't want it. They think, from talking with him and the other boosters, that he is for interested in coaching and this is the only place he would be willing to go to. That's where they are at on this.

So, now my take. Its so hard. I have all the info, heard all this from my contacts, and still I am on the fence. Well barely. The information has literally dried up in the past 36 hours, no leaking which I find odd. Do they know something and someone isn't talking? I was here in 2012 and got burned. I disappeared for awhile. not because I was hurt or run off, but just mad that my University let us down and chose Dooley instead.

I know its much different this time, but I still have that little fear in the back of my mind he says no. But based on where we are today, I'm leaning towards Gruden. I just don't see how we go this far and meet everything he wants and some and he says no. If he does, I wont be mad. We gave it all. I appreciate what our boosters did and the movement we made and the stance we took. I firmly believe TN football is back. That was a huge step. And with that, I think Gruden accepts. Just based on the feeling I have and the way everything has been quiet. I may be wrong, my sources aren't talking, but that is just me stating I think he will take it. I guess Ill sit back and see what happens!

And as always if I hear anything, of course I will tell either way.
Thanks!!

Guys, I want Gruden as badly as everyone else here, but some of y'all are really beginning to reach with "it'll happen this way" stuff.

It's either Gruden or someone else. Does anyone really think that CPF will take a chance on a coordinator not named Tee?

It's Gruden or Les.

Well here we are. Tuesday morning of hiring week. Its do or die time. Here is where I am at.

My AD contact thinks its between Les Miles or Mel Tucker. He is leaning towards Les. I asked him why that was, and he said just because of the relationship and respect that Phillip has for Les. I asked about Gruden and he chuckled. I asked why and he said, well, he hasn't said no so there is always a possibility. He said when he mentioned it around Phillip and some boosters that were there on Thursday and Friday, everyone got quiet.

My VFL contacts, all seem to lean towards Les. They are tired of the Gruden talk and think its not him. They do think however, that Tee is coming home. if I had to say, I would say 85% Les, 15% whoever else on them. Said info has dried up and Phillip isn't talking. I am not talking about VFLs (former players) that were just on the team. These were ones that played and are very close to Phillip to this day.

My two booster contacts, they are Gruden. They said that they have met and countered and met again every demand and wish that Gruden wanted for the staff and so on. They have negotiated several times, and they think that just for the pure fact that they are still doing this, they believe its him. You don't go this far in the process if you don't want it. They think, from talking with him and the other boosters, that he is for interested in coaching and this is the only place he would be willing to go to. That's where they are at on this.

So, now my take. Its so hard. I have all the info, heard all this from my contacts, and still I am on the fence. Well barely. The information has literally dried up in the past 36 hours, no leaking which I find odd. Do they know something and someone isn't talking? I was here in 2012 and got burned. I disappeared for awhile. not because I was hurt or run off, but just mad that my University let us down and chose Dooley instead.

I know its much different this time, but I still have that little fear in the back of my mind he says no. But based on where we are today, I'm leaning towards Gruden. I just don't see how we go this far and meet everything he wants and some and he says no. If he does, I wont be mad. We gave it all. I appreciate what our boosters did and the movement we made and the stance we took. I firmly believe TN football is back. That was a huge step. And with that, I think Gruden accepts. Just based on the feeling I have and the way everything has been quiet. I may be wrong, my sources aren't talking, but that is just me stating I think he will take it. I guess Ill sit back and see what happens!

I am in a wait and see mode myself and if he says no then we gave it our best, maybe the man just really don't want to coach, if so I can live with that.

Someone bring me back from the ledge. I just read a post in another thread that actually made a little sense(cents, since, scents). Brohms buyout drops by 1 million on the 5th(today). Anyone think that's what we are doing? Waiting for it so the buyout will be a little cheaper.

Do we know that the two coaches are Miles and Gruden that Tee would come back as OC for?

I'm so ready for this to be over.

That is what I'm hoping for, if Grude has sailed. Brohm is a beast.

I know its much different this time, but I still have that little fear in the back of my mind he says no. But based on where we are today, I'm leaning towards Gruden. I just don't see how we go this far and meet everything he wants and some and he says no. If he does, I wont be mad. We gave it all. I appreciate what our boosters did and the movement we made and the stance we took. I firmly believe TN football is back. That was a huge step. And with that, I think Gruden accepts. He hasn't said no yet. Just based on the feeling I have and the way everything has been quiet. I may be wrong, my sources aren't talking, but that is just me stating I think he will take it. I guess Ill sit back and see what happens!

Ummm...we hired Butch Jones in 2012

I know its much different this time, but I still have that little fear in the back of my mind he says no. But based on where we are today, I'm leaning towards Gruden. I just don't see how we go this far and meet everything he wants and some and he says no. If he does, I wont be mad. We gave it all. I appreciate what our boosters did and the movement we made and the stance we took. I firmly believe TN football is back. That was a huge step. And with that, I think Gruden accepts. He hasn't said no yet. Just based on the feeling I have and the way everything has been quiet. I may be wrong, my sources aren't talking, but that is just me stating I think he will take it. I guess Ill sit back and see what happens!

Appreciate you, thx.

Guys, I want Gruden as badly as everyone else here, but some of y'all are really beginning to reach with "it'll happen this way" stuff.

It's either Gruden or someone else. Does anyone really think that CPF will take a chance on a coordinator not named Tee?

It's Gruden or Les.

I am in a wait and see mode myself and if he says no then we gave it our best, maybe the man just really don't want to coach, if so I can live with that.

Yep and yep. I only hope we actually would get some info on this whole ordeal when all is said and done, but, probably won't.

It's Gruden or Les.

Latest Yahoo article says it is neither. Even said Les is NOT a candidate.

I am still all in this Gruden train until there is someone else up there, but heck fire guys if we hire Les Miles instead of GS our fan base has won.

Soon !
Dilly Dilly

Reactions: 2 people
He doesn’t delete a lot of them, but it happens more often than you realize (not that I’m stalking him lol). I wonder if he was told to shut it down, maybe he was saying too much?

Maybe I’m just tired of analyzing everything and wish someone would just tell me in simple words. Gru-tigue.

Straight coaching search fatigue combined with the inept way it was handled before the leadership change.

Reactions: 4 people
That dude could barely put together a complete sentence.

And then he comes back and posts something completely rational, well-thought-out, and coherent.

He's either a really inept troll, or his wife posts in his account when he's out drankin'.

I lean toward the former, since we know how many outsiders love to mock the Vols and Tennesseans in general. :zeitung_lesen:

My two booster contacts, they are Gruden. They said that they have met and countered and met again every demand and wish that Gruden wanted for the staff and so on. They have negotiated several times, and they think that just for the pure fact that they are still doing this, they believe its him. You don't go this far in the process if you don't want it. They think, from talking with him and the other boosters, that he is for sure interested in coaching and this is the only place he would be willing to go to. That's where they are at on this.

So, now my take. Its so hard. I have all the info, heard all this from my contacts, and still I am on the fence. Well barely. The information has literally dried up in the past 36 hours, no leaking which I find odd. Do they know something and someone isn't talking? I was here in 2012 and got burned. I disappeared for awhile. not because I was hurt or run off, but just mad that my University let us down and chose Jones instead.

appreciate the post, here is my $.02 based upon your hearings.......I'd trust the booster contacts more than AD guy and VFL folks, the boosters are footing the bill IMO. #fullgrude110%

Reactions: 4 people
Latest Yahoo article says it is neither. Even said Les is NOT a candidate.

Hmmmm. once again just no one knows anything.

That has been the one thing that adds to the hope, and it's been funny seeing reporters just kind of throw their hands in the air and say I don't know.

The mystery continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back