Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the dislike of Gruden being the coach at UT.
People use the excuse that he hasn't coached in so long. Are they implying that the game has passed him by?
I coached high school sports for 15 years and had some success that included a state championship and multiple final four trips. I also had my fare share of failures as well, and what I learned is...
Coaching is about leadership and teaching.
A lot of people say they can lead, but often times they are just "taking a walk" because leadership without followship is just a man taking a walk. That's what we had with Butch, just a man taking a walk.
You also have to be able to teach. I believe Gruden is a leader, this has been shown in his previous coaching and even now as a TV personality. He leads and people follow.
From what I can see, he has shown he can teach. Maybe it's just for TV but QBs goto him so they can learn. A big part of being a good teacher is the ability to learn. I fully believe that Gruden is a continual learner and when he gets back into coaching will show a lot of people that he has advanced his coaching skills.

The one area I find most interesting will be his ability to coach young players. It was well documented that he didn't enjoy young players while at the Bucs, I believe that's why he had the QBs he did. I do believe he probably has learned and changed from his last coaching stop, so I don't see this being a huge issue, but something I would find interesting to watch.
I fully believe he would be great for the university and be a pretty good coach here as well.

Reactions: 4 people
Why you turd in a muffler! what have I done to you except deliver good news. I can't help it if these clowns are over there stabbing each other in the backs left and right can I? I mean I'm glad Currie is gone but he was about to be forced into it anyway. it'll come out.

I'm starting to think you may be Jimmy Haslam and these posts are going to be used for your insanity defense

Reactions: 4 people
Ape will prob have some additional good input, but I’ll give you mine if you don’t mind. My around the house beater is a Johnson Carolina series. These aren’t anything like the current Johnson’s...the Carolina Series was a project by Greg Rich where he took the pre war Martin designs and select woods to plants in China that he felt could make decent quality, and turned out some good bang for the buck guitars. Some had issues...had to have the bridge reglued on mine, but you can still find them for $250-400. An entry level Taylor or Martin will be a good starter as well. Good luck!

Not at all man.

I've wanted to learn how to play for a long time, but always put it off.

Finally learned that I gotta start doing things that make myself happy.

I am gonna learn how to play. Would make the night's on these jobsites way more enjoyable.

I’d have to look back however I was thinking it was 48 hours. Tell you what, I’ll give you until midnight. May not be the “best” deer rifle now but it’ll be better than what you shoot now.....Freak knows I’m good for it.

Going to need to see when that contract is signed..could already be done. 🤔

Reactions: 2 people
You did say Friday.

And your taste in firearms just isn't very good.

I don't think I said Friday, if it comes through in time, we'll have to look back.

I didn't want to be the guy who you offer to buy a drink and he orders a whole bottle of the most expensive stuff there.

what's your preferred deer rig? i'm newly into it as a hobby, and threw that down as a new screen name as it was what i had been googling at the time.

I don't think I said Friday, if it comes through in time, we'll have to look back.

I didn't want to be the guy who you offer to buy a drink and he orders a whole bottle of the most expensive stuff there.

what's your preferred deer rig? i'm newly into it as a hobby, and threw that down as a new screen name as it was what i had been googling at the time.

Savage Axis .308 😎 Lol

When deerchumper said Gruden would be announced in 48 hours (by Friday, which was yesterday) another poster offered up a rifle, I quoted him and said if Gruden was announced by Friday I’d buy him the best deer rifle money could buy......no Gruden, No rifle. There may be a consultation prize offered up by OT if Gruden is announced.

Hey OT, some of us know you like to make up contest rules as you go.

I think a large amount of the distain for Gruden is the national media has said it is impossible. If you do some research and connect some dots, it doesn’t seem so impossible. I hope it happens, but I also realize it might not. That’s what makes this thread so entertaining.

Whoever said takamine is right too.

Just remember to play any guitsr youre looking at buying, Wouldn't be a bad idea to have an exoerienced picker to go shopping with you, for their ear.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back