Kiffin tweeting a lot about Vols

I despise Kiffin but in a storm of feces and controversy, lane is right at home. I would make his buyout so extreme that another school would be paying for our next coach if I even entertained it. No one doubts the guys ability to coach and develop, problem is maturity and he's been fired a couple times since the debacle here.

This right here.

Lane knows there are many in Knoxville who will have trust issues; it wasn't necessarily that he left, but everything that happened as he left that has left people burned.

A steep buyout should he leave, and a moderate payment should we terminate his contract would be the best of both worlds.

IMO I think lane is trolling the fan base again! JMHO but I could see him trolling the University after he turns the offer (if made) down with something along the lines as "Pffft,as if".

Fear of failure isn't the excuse not to try. I think he regrets leaving and has tried to show he would come back for awhile.

Haslam bought off on him once before. I mean, isn't that really the lowest common denominator?

I think Lane Kiffin would bolt again if he found himself wanting another job.

He’s done it once and he sure as hell can do it again.

Way too risky to be taking a chance at a time like this.

He may be a good offensive mind but as a HC, what has he really done at big time schools besides getting fired?

Reactions: 2 people

He may be a good offensive mind but as a HC, what has he really done at big time schools besides getting fired?

USC isn't rehiring him... Thing is who else? Tn has been turned downed by everyone

Edit: I didn't want kiffin til this morning about 2 am after I thought about who they may hire. Without Shiano I wouldn't want him but it is what it is

Last edited:

You don’t pass on a guy because you think he might bolt. Make his buyout huge.

And if he’s bolting, he’s probably winning. Use the buyout money to hire someone better.

Reactions: 2 people
Like when your woman leaves you in the middle of the night for another man because you weren’t good enough (or maybe because it was just business), and then she soon after gets dumped by the other man because she wasn’t good enough and there’s too much eye candy in LA. Yes, yes, she is very sorry for her actions and you should definitely take her back. Am I living in crazyville?

This is a business. Not a spouse

I thought I'd never say this, but: bring Kiffy back. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I assume you must think he’ll have better offers, or you’re suggesting he’d prefer to stay at FAU making less than he did at Alabama as a coordinator?

You know what assumptions are and I never insinuated anything along those lines. I don't trust the fact that LK has matured to the point of where I believe he would be a viable option as HC.

But as I stated with my first post in this thread, IMO, mine alone. You don't have to agree with it but don't try to put words into my mouth. You have the right to disagree and let's leave it at that.

At this point, Tennessee doesn't have much left to choose from. If fans cannot get over their anger about Kiffin leaving to take his dream job, then it doesn't look very good with the coaches who are left to choose from. I believe in going with someone you know something about their skills as a coach, and Kiffin proved he can win with less talent against the likes of Alabama. If our fan base is truly concerned about the football program, then they will find a way to accept Kiffin. It isn't about anyone's feelings, but it is about the state of the Tennessee football program. The program is bigger than anyone's hurt feelings. Any true fan will put the Tennessee program before their own hurt feelings. There are steps to take in case of concerns with him leaving prematurely like setting a huge buyout clause. Kiffin admitted that he made a mistake leaving Tennessee. It takes someone to admit mistakes. The question is can some fans accept his mistake and give him another chance. That is the question.

I truly don't understand why so many on here get up in arms about the 'possible' bad things associated with a Kiffin hire. Folks, we already are a sh!t show courtesy of Haslam. Kiffin could not possibly make things any worse at this point and he still wants the job.

People need to project their anger and frustration in the right direction and it's not the possibility of a Kiffin hire...

Let's get the rock show :rock: started and get Kiffin back on the hill (minus that cheating turd Orgeron this time).
Maybe he has learned his lesson on enrolling thugs and paying for excessive recruiting perks.

My two cents on Kiffin come down to this.

Look at all the potential coaches at this point and ask yourself, "Could this guy routinely beat Saban?"

Kiffin's the only one for whom my answer is yes.

Let's ride.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin may be good and all, but what are all ya'll kiffinites going to say when the dude walks out in the middle of the night again? My gut is telling me kiffin wouldn't do that again, but another part of me is concerned a little bit.

It’s pretty simple. You negotiate a liquidated damages provision that looks something like this (these numbers are exaggerated to make the point more clear):

Lane pays UT 15 million within 24 hours if he leaves for another job, but UT only owes Kiffin a dollar if he’s fired without cause.

Similarly you add lists of things that constitute “for cause” so he can be terminated without recourse.

1) recruiting violations
2) fraternizing with students
3) etc

Then you add in incentive language that sets out milestones. Year 1 minimum is a bowl and at least 3 sec wins. Year 2 minimum is 8 wins and 4 SEC wins. Year 3 is 9 wins and no worse than second in the SEC east. If you hit each point you could a huge bonus, all three and you will get a 25% raise and be extended 3 years, etc.

Talking about he loves Coach Majors and posted Hyams tweet about fake accounts. He is asking TN AD to talk to him and they should.
Kiffin started this he can clean it up.
The right man for the job at the right time

i've gone on record in the last 24 hours saying that if there's a time to bring him back, it's now.

but don't think he's not capable of trolling this fan base.

A simple answer to those opposed to considering Kiffin, "don't cut off your nose to spite your face".

VN Store

Back