Paul Chryst from Wisconsin

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
What about this coach? Would you take him? Looks like his name isn’t been thrown around much!

ear School
2012 Pitt
2013 Pitt
2014 Pitt
2015 Wisconsin
2016 Wisconsin
2017 Wisconsin
6 Yrs Overall
3 Yrs Pitt
3 Yrs Wisconsin
Year School G W L T Pct SRS SOS AP Pre AP High AP Post Bowl Notes
2012 Pitt 13 6 7 0 .462 2.05 -0.64 BBVA Compass Bowl-L
2013 Pitt 13 7 6 0 .538 3.72 3.49 Little Caesars Bowl-W
2014 Pitt 12 6 6 0 .500 2.74 0.97
2015 Wisconsin 13 10 3 0 .769 10.85 1.39 20 19 21 Holiday Bowl-W
2016 Wisconsin 14 11 3 0 .786 15.30 5.30 5 9 Cotton Bowl-W
2017 Wisconsin 10 10 0 0 1.000 21.87 2.97 9 4
6 Yrs Overall 75 50 25 0 .667 9.42 2.25 3-1
3 Yrs Pitt 38 19 19 0 .500 2.84 1.27 1-1
3 Yrs Wisconsin 37 31

Very impressive to me!!

Reactions: 2 people
He's not leaving Wisconsin for UT. He's a Badger and a much easier road in B1G West

I'd take him! I really like what he's doing at Wisconsin. I've always liked their program. I like their big, tough, physical brand of football. Reminds me of the old Fulmer teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah he's a Wisconsin Alum, and a pretty dedicated one at that.

Not only that you have got to understand how Wisconsin works. Butch Jones could go to Wisconsin and he'd be knocking on the door to the CFP every year as long as the B1G West remains crappy. Seriously, a coach gets hired, and Alvarez hands them a paint by the numbers book. The entire system is designed from the ground up by Alvarez and all they do is plug in the pieces. It doesn't matter who is there, and is why two coaches left, they will run the system exactly as Alvarez has it designed. And honestly they should because the dude has it figured out. No they won't turn heads nationally, but following that system has netted them 10 win seasons on average for nearly 20 years now and a slew of Big Ten championships and championship game appearances. But as the epic failures of both Anderson and Beliema have proven, it has absolutely nothing to do with who is wearing the headset on the sidelines.

Yeah he's a Wisconsin Alum, and a pretty dedicated one at that.

Not only that you have got to understand how Wisconsin works. Butch Jones could go to Wisconsin and he'd be knocking on the door to the CFP every year as long as the B1G West remains crappy. Seriously, a coach gets hired, and Alvarez hands them a paint by the numbers book. The entire system is designed from the ground up by Alvarez and all they do is plug in the pieces. It doesn't matter who is there, and is why two coaches left, they will run the system exactly as Alvarez has it designed. And honestly they should because the dude has it figured out. No they won't turn heads nationally, but following that system has netted them 10 win seasons on average for nearly 20 years now and a slew of Big Ten championships and championship game appearances. But as the epic failures of both Anderson and Beliema have proven, it has absolutely nothing to do with who is wearing the headset on the sidelines.

Which is why I wanted Fulmer as an interm. Alvarez runs Wisconsin Football.

Which is why I wanted Fulmer as an interm. Alvarez runs Wisconsin Football.

He does, and actually, I believe he has tried applying the same thinking to Basketball and Bo's system, unfortunately once Bo retired his chosen replacement hasn't been nearly as successful so far.

He does, and actually, I believe he has tried applying the same thinking to Basketball and Bo's system, unfortunately once Bo retired his chosen replacement hasn't been nearly as successful so far.

Bielema and Anderson both left because of Alvarez. There's a reason why Alvarez is always the interm when coaches leave.

Did you respond to Bret after he said hi?

I did to his wife...

Also, my original comment was to remind that Arkansas did this already and it did not work out well. Hopefully, we do not go down the same path.

...therefore we will go hire their equipment manager for 7 million per year. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Chryst was mediocre at best at Pitt. His success at Wisconsin is a matter of circumstance - they play a cupcake schedule on that side of the B1G. There's also something about Wisconsin football that doesn't translate. Chryst can be mediocre, go to Wisconsin and look great, meanwhile coaches that looked great go elsewhere and flame out.

Chryst was mediocre at best at Pitt. His success at Wisconsin is a matter of circumstance - they play a cupcake schedule on that side of the B1G. There's also something about Wisconsin football that doesn't translate. Chryst can be mediocre, go to Wisconsin and look great, meanwhile coaches that looked great go elsewhere and flame out.

It's called no Alvarez.

I did to his wife...

Also, my original comment was to remind that Arkansas did this already and it did not work out well. Hopefully, we do not go down the same path.

...therefore we will go hire their equipment manager for 7 million per year. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I gotcha. There is no way Chryst will even be considered.

What is it that allows him that much impact on winning games?

Alvarez full on runs Wisconsin Football. He literally plugs and plays Head Coaches. Nothing happens up there without him signing off on it. It's his system and he's the shot caller there.

What about this coach? Would you take him? Looks like his name isn’t been thrown around much!

That Big 10 crap does not work in the SEC......see Beilema results at Arkansas. A fat o-line that runs 70% of the time(when Arky was playing their best a few yrs ago) resulted in Beilema’s SEC record which is WORSE than CBJ!!

Alvarez full on runs Wisconsin Football. He literally plugs and plays Head Coaches. Nothing happens up there without him signing off on it. It's his system and he's the shot caller there.

How does he get mediocre coaches to win football games?

VN Store

Back