Official Jon Gruden thread 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an independently owned organization. At one time, it was owned by several influential people in the Jackson area (Carl Perkins, Brooks Shaw and a few more I think). However, as of the last several years, it's owned by a guy and his brother (I won't mention the name, but I went to HS wih him, and he was an outstanding punter at a fellow SEC school). I still reflect back to HS and being his returner during warm-ups. He could flat smoke a football off his foot.

I know those guys. My sister in law went to JCM with RR. Their dad was a nice guy. I ate there last weekend.

I honestly don’t understand the need for Currie’s press conference. He issued a press release. Can’t/won’t say much more than he has already.

Unless he’s announcing GRUDEN to the Hill. Then I totally understand lol.

I suspect the role of this press conference is to provide a little more detail (the only detail we'll likely ever get from an authoritative source) on the nature of the coaching search. Laying out the process and maybe a bit of timeline. Then give the press one chance to ask questions before shutting all communications off until he announces the new head coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Since my prediction of absolutely nothing happening today turned out so well, let's see if I can go 2 for 2.

Ahem...

There is absolutely no way Currie announces Gruden as the next head coach of Tennessee at today's press conference.

Reactions: 36 people
Have seen a Corona and Hooter's commercial within the last 45 minutes. Squeezing them in before the press conference. Soon!

I really hate that these threads are so obscenely massive that if you’re new to the Grudenite club it’s impossible to read up on grumors.. Seems like one of these threads had a post on page 1 with links to multiple ‘catch you up on things’ posts

Dang near impossible to get anything on page 1 other than "first" any more, but do an advance search (drop-down button, not box) on username mrmax86, and you'll find it.

Here's the most recent: http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...l-jon-gruden-thread-32-a-70.html#post14530205

It's post #3476 if the link doesn't take you there directly.

Reactions: 2 people
I really hate that these threads are so obscenely massive that if you’re new to the Grudenite club it’s impossible to read up on grumors.. Seems like one of these threads had a post on page 1 with links to multiple ‘catch you up on things’ posts

Mrmax has something similiar I believe and grand vol normally does a recap when he has time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back