Official Jon Gruden Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost to the three rivals that matter and threw South Carolina in for good measure. No way Kentucky matters

I’ve tried to communicate this on here for years, but whether it’s true, or even fair, to some in the rather small coaching fraternity, or even smaller agent fraternity, UT apparently has a troubling reputation as having fans that are an issue, to put it mildly. And yes, that issue is perceived as being as an outlier among even other big time programs. We might not have the reputation as being the worst, but it isn’t good.

I’m not sure who would say any of this? Fans get out of hand everywhere. Plus any coach worth a darn knows that the entire fan base will get behind a winner! They can also see the product Jones is putting on the field. If the were fans they’d be pissed to!

I have a bridge to sell...

Oh, cousin, he pulled the internet version of the "pull my finger" trick, and I yanked his arm out of the socket.

I'm still laughing about that. Hook, line, sinker, bobber, rod, and half the boat.

Only think you can do when you get got that good is tip your hat.

:hi:

Go Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
Majors was a favorite son and 3 years prior won the SEC and one of the biggest wins in UT history over Miami. Jones is an imbecile that has never won anything.

That Miami win is still my all time favorite.

1988 was a rebuilding year and look at Johnny's record after 88.

I remember the sports guy that would not come off that billboard, until we won in 88. (lol) good thing nobodies on a billboard, until we score an offensive touch down right now :)

Reactions: 4 people
If the UT administration can not see Jones is a fraud they are straight out the ACME school for the blind for management. Down right fools. A change for the better needs to be made.

These up and comers need to go else where.. this coaching staff is dam near pathetic.

Sent from my Alcatel_5056O using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people
I’ve tried to communicate this on here for years, but whether it’s true, or even fair, to some in the rather small coaching fraternity, or even smaller agent fraternity, UT apparently has a troubling reputation as having fans that are an issue, to put it mildly. And yes, that issue is perceived as being as an outlier among even other big time programs. We might not have the reputation as being the worst, but it isn’t good.

And FLorida, Bama, and LSU has good reputations :)

Sure Chris Low. It is the fault of the mean fans.

Attachments

• 812329E5-50B1-449B-9AFB-A1A3733524EA.jpg
    812329E5-50B1-449B-9AFB-A1A3733524EA.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: 17 people
Also closed out the year strong and won the SEC the next two years. Does anyone think Butch will go 11-1 next year?
Poll

98% No

1% sunshine pumpers

1% " I will support this coaching staff no matter what"

Sent from my Alcatel_5056O using Tapatalk

And I agree with most of y'all. The mean fan base doesn't hold water with me.

Most of these guys are type A personalities and they thrive on challenges and being in the spotlight. They have seen it all movimg up through the ranks and mean fans mean squat to them. Only the ones that get in over their head would crack under the pressure.

Butch is a prime example. His system isn't working and I honestly think he has no clue what to do, so he falls back on cliches and coach speak to cover his insecurity about it.

Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Alabama
Georgia
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Texas
Oklahoma
USC
Nebraska

I could go on. What do all those schools have in common? They all fired coaches who had better conference records than Butch Jones has.

And Tennessee fans expect too much?

Reactions: 7 people
The only thing it can do is help Jones; if we win then he immediately start crowing about improving and from a PR standpoint it would look worse to fire him after a win than a loss. He should have been let go today.

So Butch strutting around after the Kentucky game, IF he wins it, will make the fact that we would still be 1-4 in SEC play obsolete?

I’m not sure who would say any of this? Fans get out of hand everywhere. Plus any coach worth a darn knows that the entire fan base will get behind a winner! They can also see the product Jones is putting on the field. If the were fans they’d be pissed to!

Like I said, it might not be true that we’re that bad, but that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that is apparently the perception.

Odd though that people can act like our fanbase doesn’t have the potential to go haywire, in the 20th thread on volnation, thousands of post deep, devoted to...a rumor.

If Jones is still the coach next week that'll be another game I will not be watching. I am in full apathy mode.

This thread gives me a glimmer of hope for better things to come. What a fun and up down ride this has been already and we arent done yet. Lol

I have a strong feeling what MIT BEAVER is saying is true. I am now ready to drop some of my hard earned money on those +1000 odds!

9603 Lee Hwy Baby!

MIT BEAVER WHERE YOU AT? Pm me please.

Sure Chris Low. It is the fault of the mean fans.

Amen! Yes us horrible fans who have walked in the mud for a decade of horrible football while forking out hard earned dollars to attend games in record numbers (even now!), give donations, buy merchandise,travel for away games and bowls,etc. Yes no coach wants that! Give me a damn break! That's pathetic even for Low.

Don’t try to have me defend a comment I didn’t make.

Also, that’s irrelevant if we’re looking for a coach and they aren’t.

Florida will be after Saturday and so will LSU if our trainwreck of a team beats them.

I have a strong feeling what MIT BEAVER is saying is true. I am now ready to drop some of my hard earned money on those +1000 odds!

9603 Lee Hwy Baby!

MIT BEAVER WHERE YOU AT? Pm me please.

PMs have been disabled for like 5+ years brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back