Recruiting Forum Talk XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we are going to get someone we never saw coming. I think Currie means business this time but I really think it could be a sitting power 5 coach that we have not talked about yet. That seems to be the way these searches go.

I watched it with Bama fans who were bored and expressed surprise Butch had lasted to year 5 since “Tennessee hasn’t threatened Alabama in a long long time...”

Yes. It was bad.

Kiffin had a close game and CBJ had one close game. Other than that it's been a string of blowouts over the last decade. Hard to believe our offense is so ineffective. Loss of the touch back today was pivotal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You think you have that much influence? People will decide for themselves. I may not go because I am 6 hours away, but I will proudly wear my orange.

Me too. Because of work, the Vandy game is the only other one I can go to. And I will absolutely be there, I don't care how bad things get. And I will be wearing my orange in the meantime.

I honestly don't give a $#!+ about UT Football until they hire this abomination of a head coach.

Seriously.

Don't even care.

Make the move. Let me have one glimmer of hope that this school gives a sh!t about turning this program back to respectability, because we're a f'ing joke until he's gone.

We haven't scored an offensive TD since LBJ was president.

Screw this staff.

Reactions: 2 people
That list looks great. Hopefully Larry's wasn't right. Only thing I think I'd change on your list would be switching Frost and Mullen.

Currie has a lot of big 12 connections so I’d be surprised if he didn’t at least reach out to Stoops, Patterson, maybe gundy.

And I probably like Mullen more than Most. I did an internship at MSU and go to see first hand what he is working with. It’s impressive what he is doing

Reactions: 2 people
Currie has a lot of big 12 connections so I’d be surprised if he didn’t at least reach out to Stoops, Patterson, maybe gundy.

And I probably like Mullen more than Most. I did an internship at MSU and go to see first hand what he is working with. It’s impressive what he is doing

I agree what he's done at MSU is impressive. That hire wouldn't bother me at all. I think Frost's ceiling might be a little higher though.

I think it's clear he's not as invested this year. I'm thinking he hired Sexton to get him as much $$ as possible at a lesser program is an easier conference. Frankly, I think UT hoped that would happen, so we could upgrade without paying a buyout.

Wasn't Butch complaining about internal things as being a challenge last year? Could it be that he's been getting forced out for a while, hence the testing the waters at the end of last year with other teams? Now he's disinterested in UT's success and not willing to resign - as folks inside the program want. So, he is instead giving them the Gaulden solute, intentionally flopping, and hanging around to get his millions? He doesn't have to coach again, he's gonna get paid. Can't help but feel this is a vindictive effort on his part.

I agree what he's done at MSU is impressive. That hire wouldn't bother me at all. I think Frost's ceiling might be a little higher though.

Frost's ceiling might well be higher. But then again, maybe not. Frost has been a head coach for fewer than 2 years. Mullen has been doing it almost a decade.

Maybe Frost really is the next Urban Meyer, but I won't complain at all if we land Mullen, who I have no doubt could win the East in the state it's in.

Freeze had two wins versus Saban with Bo Wallace and Kelly. Mullen couldn't win with Prescott and had the team to beat them with. No don't want him at Tennessee. Get someone not in the conference please.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back