The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk guys, i feel like i could write a novel about this (you know me). Plus i can't go out tonight so i think i'm bout to pen my bto vs. D4h manifesto. Wish i would have taken an adderall for the detail i'm about to bring.

So, in my humble opinion, bto is a little bit more calculated than d4h is. D4h has one mode: Go. This over saturates his body of work and takes away from his luster in my humble opinion. There are a lot more people who are constantly annoyed with d4h than bto simply because he's never not been in a dispute. The guy literally spends 7 days a week defending himself against several posters at a time. And more often than not his arguments are either overly optimistic or overly pessimistic, there's no in-between and it's 100% dependent on the football team's w/l record. As a result a lot of his views, while electric, come off as dulusional. That said, nobody can deny his dedication. The guy has like 15,000 posts and he's only been on vn for a year. Simply unprecedented.

Bto on the other hand is more patient and chooses his battles more wisely. All while remaining just as unpredictable as d4h but with a fraction of the drama and idiocracy. In the past 12-18 months (as most of the tyndall chatter has died down) we've seen a more reserved and relatable bto. Dare i say the guy has become down to earth?

The transformation from universally-hated and overly-argumentative donnie tyndall mega fan to respected "regular" of our forum is the unlikeliest of stories. This is something d4h could never do. D4h has no restraint when picking his battles. He's incapable of ignoring differing opinions and looking the other way. But i mean at this point 90% of bto's posts are not unlike anything you would expect from any of us. Its just that during the other 10% of the time you better buckle up. Bto never argues in circles like d4h, instead his reasoning is usually pretty logical. Bto also comes prepared with statistics that would rival old man bruin's stats from like 1922. Yet on top of all of these intangibles, it's the speed at which he responds to an argument and his willingness to devote an entire weekend to completely derailing some once-pure thread and turning it into his battlefield that has become his bread and butter. The cherry on top of that sunday would be his uncanny memory when it comes to everyone's prior posts and how rapidly he's able to dig them out of the archives. Win, lose or draw bto always gets the last word.

Personally, i feel that d4h is too caught up in the game. He never takes a breather, and while hilarious, his body of work is too sloppy. Bto is patient, cold, calculating and relentless. He disposed of dallas' right to choosing his own avi in like an hour.

This might be my longest post ever. I've written college papers with less words than this. Vintage indy.

tl;dr

Reactions: 3 people
You know with all the talk about Dal lately one thing that gets overlooked in all of this is the way he got caught. The guy used his actual legal name as his screen name.

Classic Dal.

Reactions: 4 people
DB is a paradox wrapped in an enigma. I can’t wait until the full court 3 on 3 league starts.

He was a unanimous selection to the first team preseason all 3 on 3 team and named to several pre-season watch lists for various end of season 3 on 3 league awards.

3 on 3 franchise player material. Dallas is the type of prospect you build a team around in the 3 on 3 league.

Reactions: 1 person
He was a unanimous selection to the first team preseason all 3 on 3 team and named to several pre-season watch lists for various end of season 3 on 3 league awards.

3 on 3 franchise player material. Dallas is the type of prospect you build a team around in the 3 on 3 league.

I now know Dal is a 3v3 legend, but I need confirmation on his true height. Is Dal a legit 7 foot C or is he a 5'10 PG type?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm going to say it; D4H wins.

It would be a long brutal battle, but D4H would wear BTO down to come out with the W. I'm not say that D4H wouldn't take his lumps, not even saying that D4H would be right, just that he is the only person on this forum that has the stamina to dethrone BTO.

Idk guys, I feel like I could write a novel about this (you know me). Plus I can't go out tonight so I think I'm bout to pen my BTO vs. D4H manifesto. Wish I would have taken an adderall for the detail I'm about to bring.

So, in my humble opinion, BTO is a little bit more calculated than D4H is. D4H has one mode: go. This over saturates his body of work and takes away from his luster in my humble opinion. There are a lot more people who are constantly annoyed with D4H than BTO simply because he's never NOT been in a dispute. The guy literally spends 7 days a week defending himself against several posters at a time. And more often than not his arguments are either overly optimistic or overly pessimistic, there's no in-between and it's 100% dependent on the football team's W/L record. As a result a lot of his views, while electric, come off as dulusional. That said, nobody can deny his dedication. The guy has like 15,000 posts and he's only been on VN for a year. Simply unprecedented.

BTO on the other hand is more patient and chooses his battles more wisely. All while remaining just as unpredictable as D4H but with a fraction of the drama and idiocracy. In the past 12-18 months (as most of the Tyndall chatter has died down) we've seen a more reserved and relatable BTO. Dare I say the guy has become down to earth?

The transformation from universally-hated and overly-argumentative Donnie Tyndall mega fan to respected "regular" of our forum is the unlikeliest of stories. This is something D4H could never do. D4H has no restraint when picking his battles. He's incapable of ignoring differing opinions and looking the other way. But I mean at this point 90% of BTO's posts are not unlike anything you would expect from any of us. Its just that during the other 10% of the time you better buckle up. BTO never argues in circles like D4H, instead his reasoning is usually pretty logical. BTO also comes prepared with statistics that would rival old man Bruin's stats from like 1922. Yet on top of all of these intangibles, it's the speed at which he responds to an argument and his willingness to devote an entire weekend to completely derailing some once-pure thread and turning it into his BATTLEFIELD that has become his bread and butter. The cherry on top of that Sunday would be his uncanny memory when it comes to everyone's prior posts and how rapidly he's able to dig them out of the archives. Win, lose or draw BTO always gets the last word.

Personally, I feel that D4H is too caught up in the game. He never takes a breather, and while hilarious, his body of work is too sloppy. BTO is patient, cold, calculating and relentless. He disposed of Dallas' right to choosing his own avi in like an hour.

This might be my longest post ever. I've written college papers with less words than this. Vintage Indy.

Indy my man, this post has a 30 mg extended release adderall washed down with Red Bull written all over it. The detail you put into you post is unmatched haha. You're a legend! I do not regret one bit having a legend as my Avi.

I'm going to say it; D4H wins.

It would be a long brutal battle, but D4H would wear BTO down to come out with the W. I'm not say that D4H wouldn't take his lumps, not even saying that D4H would be right, just that he is the only person on this forum that has the stamina to dethrone BTO.

I think you're wrong. D4H would tire out, get bored, and move on.

TBH...there is only one way to find out fellas...Indy work your magic and make this showdown happen. Bruin if you're reading put some odds down for us. I'd assume BTO is the favorite? Fleece, LC, Ziti, Dal, and the rest of us are the hype men. We have to make sure this doesn't get too wild though and have Freak come in and shut us down.

TBH...there is only one way to find out fellas...Indy work your magic and make this showdown happen. Bruin if you're reading put some odds down for us. I'd assume BTO is the favorite? Fleece, LC, Ziti, Dal, and the rest of us are the hype men. We have to make sure this doesn't get too wild though and have Freak come in and shut us down.

The problem is their strengths lie in different areas. We need to find some common ground for them to debate on first.

Not sure if Bruin could set the odds but I bet he knows what the Chipotle stock price is.

This MIT Beaver dude in the Gruden thread is working on the long con.

May pull off the greatest troll job in VN history. This is one to keep a close eye on fellas.

Indy, get a pen and paper, take notes.

This MIT Beaver dude in the Gruden thread is working on the long con.

May pull off the greatest troll job in VN history. This is one to keep a close eye on fellas.

Indy, get a pen and paper, take notes.

I haven't even kept up with the Grumors this go-around. What's up? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back