Recruiting Forum Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Schiano over any coordinator mentioned. He was Brent Venables in the 90's. He did the impossible and made Rutgers football matter for a minute.

Yeah Tampa hated him because he was an authoritarian. NFL players hate that. I don't know about y'all but our locker room is starved for discipline.

Still want Kelly, Patterson, Frost, or Mullen BUT we could do a ton worse than Greg Schiano.

Reactions: 4 people
Hubbs was on with Hyams today on 99.1.

Caller asked if South Carolina wins by 14 and the stadium is at 90k if Butch Jones has his job on Monday and both of them were a resounding yes. Both said they don't have a sense that anyone at UT wants to make a coaching change this early in the season.

After about 10 minutes and a call or two, Hubbs came back to this and said "never say never."

Also both guys said they'd be surprised if attendance even reaches 90k.

If Schiano is truly a serious candidate this goes against EVERY insiders info thus far that everyone is finally rowing the same direction, fishing in deep waters, admin and Currie know how important this hire is, etc etc

Plus the fact that Butch hasn't even been fired yet. This sounds like something Sexton is behind- maybe they are trying to negotiate Butch's buyout and he wanted another clients name out there??

Are you a PJ Fleck fan in disguise?

Caller asked if South Carolina wins by 14 and the stadium is at 90k if Butch Jones has his job on Monday and both of them were a resounding yes. Both said they don't have a sense that anyone at UT wants to make a coaching change this early in the season.

After about 10 minutes and a call or two, Hubbs came back to this and said "never say never."

So do they think Currie hasn't decided to fire him, or doesn't want to fire him this early in the season?

Penn State was 32nd in defense last year. Significant drop from 1st and 12th years with Shoop. Before Shoop they were 42nd which was about 8 spots below Vandy.

To be fair, they were hit really hard by the injury bug kinda like us last year.

But they still finished with a solid defense.

Someone sent me a PM asking if our coaching targets have changed. The answer is no, Gruden is the top target with the boosters. I have doubts he will listen, but boosters want him.

Reactions: 8 people

South Carolina returned half their allotment. Students aren’t going. I’m thinking 85k.

If Schiano is truly a serious candidate this goes against EVERY insiders info thus far that everyone is finally rowing the same direction, fishing in deep waters, admin and Currie know how important this hire is, etc etc

Plus the fact that Butch hasn't even been fired yet. This sounds like something Sexton is behind- maybe they are trying to negotiate Butch's buyout and he wanted another clients name out there??

This brings up a good point. Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest for the same agent to represent the fired coach and a potentially hired coach? He's going to be negotiating the buyout that helps, maybe influences, the hiring of another of his coaches.

This brings up a good point. Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest for the same agent to represent the fired coach and a potentially hired coach? He's going to be negotiating the buyout that helps, maybe influences, the hiring of another of his coaches.

Jimmy Sexton represents most of the good ones. Most powerful man in college football.

Reactions: 1 person
I would take Schiano over any coordinator mentioned. He was Brent Venables in the 90's. He did the impossible and made Rutgers football matter for a minute.

Yeah Tampa hated him because he was an authoritarian. NFL players hate that. I don't know about y'all but our locker room is starved for discipline.

Still want Kelly, Patterson, Frost, or Mullen BUT we could do a ton worse than Greg Schiano.

This guy gets it.

Reactions: 2 people
I will never be upset or disappointed by a Vols win.
As sad/mad as anyone but I’m Big Orange win/lose or tie(yes I’m old enough to remember ties).

Reactions: 3 people

I agree with this too. Schiano was not liked in the NFL for similar reasons as Saban. (Not saying he is Saban.)

Someone sent me a PM asking if our coaching targets have changed. The answer is no, Gruden is the top target with the boosters. I have doubts he will listen, but boosters want him.

My booster I talk to regularly hasn't even mentioned Gruden. Wants james franklin and has told his $ is leaving the program if Currie isn't willing to pay huge money to next coach

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back