D4H's 2017 Tennessee Vols Predictions

Why stop at 2007?

Maybe cause in 2006 you had a Florida team win the national title that had many close games (including a 1 point win over Tenneseee) and lost early in the season by 10 points to Auburn.

Remember they were supposed to get destroyed by #1 Ohio State that was the top team all year. Instead they destroyed Ohio State and started the run of SEC dominance.r

I stopped at 2007 because it's a nice round decade.

Why bring up 2006 without also looking at 2004 and 2005?

I do think our D improves against UF because we recruit defensive players to defend SEC teams like UF but you cannot be serious in regards to the bold comments right?

I can because I have yet to see our actual base defense perform. How can we need to improve if we haven't played our normal defense yet? First game was against an option team and the second game was Indiana State.

We have yet to see what the 2017 Vols defense looks like.

We saw Marquez Callaway and Daniel Bituli breakout against Georgia Tech week 1.

Who do you think will be the young guys we haven't seen a lot from that will break out against Florida?

I'll go with Latrell Williams and Nigel Warrior. Both guys will make huge plays Saturday that help us win the game.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd love to see Warrior become a major disrupter in the Swamp. I'd also like to see the type of game management, and short passing game accuracy I'm looking for out of Dormady. Those are my two.

I agree with those two and I'll add Phillips. I think he continues his strong start playing up to the competition and imposing his will.

Really, really needs to be Palmer. He's played too well not to have more production by now.

On D... one of the DT's and then Gaulden.

Really, really needs to be Palmer. He's played too well not to have more production by now.

On D... one of the DT's and then Gaulden.

I wouldn't call Gaulden a breakout player. He's been one of our better defensive players since he's gotten past injuries.

Reactions: 1 person
the easiest opportunity to be that guy has to be on defense. Warrior is a good pick. he could impact the game with a turnover or some big stops.

but i'm going to go with....Shy Tuttle. the interior of that line has got to be ready to get off, and if their O line isn't fixed, and is bad as they looked against Michigan, you could see Tuttle go off. he's fresh. and with Kmac eating up some space, i could see Tuttle having a really good game potentially.

Reactions: 10 people
offensively, you have to think Callaway will get some attention, and the're going to try and stop the run first.....so that could open things up for a guy like Palmer, Lewis, Byrd or Wolf

Ethan Wolfe turns into Jason Witten and has a monster game with multiple TDs. I'd also like to see Calloway, Byrd, Johnson and Palmer have huge receiving days. I'd also love to see Kelly have a Travis Stephens type of game.

VN Store

Back