What About Afghanistan?

There's plans to get out, and then there's reality. And I think the long-term reality is American bases used to put out fires, as you I believe posted earlier.

Trump would very likely go with what Mattis proposes. As to what that is, who knows.

I do know this, every Administration since we invaded has punted the ball on Afghanistan. Bush never had a plan for getting us out, Obama didn't either. Whether Trump continues to punt is worthy of discussion.

The real question is does Mattis have a plan for Afghanistan.

And the question can be asked of "Did Obama and Bush have a real plan for Afghanistan?" And the answer is well known "No, they did not and just kept punting it down the field."

I remember reading this awhile back and found it.

"The world’s heroin market collapsed by 2001, producing a heroin drought. War in Afghanistan was “to restore the CIA sponsored drug trade to its historic levels and exert direct control over the drug routes.”. The Afghanistan War was CIA retaliation against Taliban for outlawing opium.

There’s a tactic called ‘flatten tire fix tire.’ Pop someone’s car tire then appear to “help” when the flat’s discovered. Clever huh? A more evil variant of ‘flatten tire fix tire’ is hooking people on drugs, then appearing, cash or drugs in hand, when users need a fix."

Sounds pretty accurate.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember reading this awhile back and found it.

"The world’s heroin market collapsed by 2001, producing a heroin drought. War in Afghanistan was “to restore the CIA sponsored drug trade to its historic levels and exert direct control over the drug routes.”. The Afghanistan War was CIA retaliation against Taliban for outlawing opium.

InfoWars?

Wait..We are in Afsh!tistan still? Obama was supposed to end that. Another campaign promise broken?

Reactions: 1 person
It's time for the president to keep the former presidents campaign promise and bring our troops home.

Trump would very likely go with what Mattis proposes. As to what that is, who knows.

I do know this, every Administration since we invaded has punted the ball on Afghanistan. Bush never had a plan for getting us out, Obama didn't either. Whether Trump continues to punt is worthy of discussion.

You can't get out when your IC relies on its funding from opium.

SECDEF Mattis had issued his statement on strategy going forward in Afghanistan.

Attachments

• IMG_7528.JPG
    IMG_7528.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 7

VN Store

Back