Aaron Hernandez Dead

I don't have a problem with them not doing this, but given how the media loves to ask for athlete's opinions on everything, does anybody else find it interesting that they haven't pestered Tebow more into giving his thoughts on this whole Hernandez thing? Especially given Tebow's image of being a saint-like figure and positive influence on everyone he comes into contact with? They ask LeBron James for his opinion on everything under the sun and Tebow, despite not even being in football, is still very much a figure that commands the public's attention. Would that sully St. Tebow's image too much?

I can't believe it hasn't come up more in the media given they were college teammates and even told by Urban to be his "life instructor." He was with Hernandez at that bar their freshman year, the first of his numerous legal problems. He's in a position to say more about him than Brady or Gronk, and both of those two have been asked about him (especially Gronk). I'm sure Tebow would have lots of interesting things to say about Hernandez and their time together, if he chose to share them, but I'm not aware of him even being asked by a member of the media.

Tebow has said that he tried to help Hernandez. I guess the door was open but Hernandez wasn't prepared to walk through it.

Now they're saying that his family is saying he wasn't in the mindset to commit suicide and they don't think it was suicide, but they're also reporting that he had tried to jam the door shut from the inside? Not adding up.

I don't have a problem with them not doing this, but given how the media loves to ask for athlete's opinions on everything, does anybody else find it interesting that they haven't pestered Tebow more into giving his thoughts on this whole Hernandez thing? Especially given Tebow's image of being a saint-like figure and positive influence on everyone he comes into contact with? They ask LeBron James for his opinion on everything under the sun and Tebow, despite not even being in football, is still very much a figure that commands the public's attention. Would that sully St. Tebow's image too much?

I can't believe it hasn't come up more in the media given they were college teammates and even told by Urban to be his "life instructor." He was with Hernandez at that bar their freshman year, the first of his numerous legal problems. He's in a position to say more about him than Brady or Gronk, and both of those two have been asked about him (especially Gronk). I'm sure Tebow would have lots of interesting things to say about Hernandez and their time together, if he chose to share them, but I'm not aware of him even being asked by a member of the media.
I've always wondered about that myself. I may be wrong, but I think Tebow paid for Aaron's drinks that night.

Tebow has said that he tried to help Hernandez. I guess the door was open but Hernandez wasn't prepared to walk through it.

Yeah, but that appeared in a couple of print articles a few years ago and it was just left at that.

Given the public interest in Tebow and the Hernandez story, and given how opposed they are to each other (St. Tebow was once teammates, "friends," and a "life coach" to another NFL player who went on to murder at least one other person) I just can't believe he hasn't been asked about it non-stop for years.

Wonder how Urban will follow up his praise of Hernandez this time? All the gators must be so proud

I've always wondered about that myself. I may be wrong, but I think Tebow paid for Aaron's drinks that night.

Not sure I read that, but Tebow was there and tried to break up the fight before Hernandez punched a guy.

It isn't that the media has tried to disguise the fact that they were at Florida together (how could they), but they haven't exactly drawn a lot of attention to it like you think they would. If you don't follow college football (and a lot of people in areas where the NFL is more popular than college do not), you might not even know that Tebow and Hernandez knew each other. And it wasn't like they had only a brief or indirect association.

I can't feel bad for him. He did a horrible thing. But like the rest I f us he had a family that has lost all the way around.. But so did the people life he took.

Not sure I read that, but Tebow was there and tried to break up the fight before Hernandez punched a guy.

It isn't that the media has tried to disguise the fact that they were at Florida together (how could they), but they haven't exactly drawn a lot of attention to it like you think they would. If you don't follow college football (and a lot of people in areas where the NFL is more popular than college do not), you might not even know that Tebow and Hernandez knew each other. And it wasn't like they had only a brief or indirect association.

Tebow offered to pay for the drinks after Hernandez refused and punched the bouncer. http://www.espn.com/boston/nfl/stor...-intervened-aaron-hernandez-bar-fight-florida

Now they're saying that his family is saying he wasn't in the mindset to commit suicide and they don't think it was suicide, but they're also reporting that he had tried to jam the door shut from the inside? Not adding up.

Well, he was going to do life in prison. Jamming the door shut from the inside prevents a prison guard from coming in and stopping him, so that part makes sense.

However, he'd known for 2 years that he was going to do life behind bars. Was this his first opportunity to kill himself after being found guilty? If not the first opportunity, perhaps the first time he built up the nerve to actually do it?

He clearly was a tortured person and all-around bad guy but the timing of doing so, especially right after an acquittal on another murder charge, is a bit curious.

I think he got himself into some kind of hot water with some inmates and decided to end rather than deal with prison politics

I thought the report (and your own quote from a previous post) said that Hernandez jammed the door shut from the inside.

He did, but his family seems to be calling it foul play. If somebody else did it how could they get out of the cell while jamming the door shut from the inside.

Reactions: 1 person
He did, but his family seems to be calling it foul play. If somebody else did it how could they get out of the cell while jamming the door shut from the inside.

I agree, they couldn't have, unless they got out the window of the jail cell and are still running around somewhere.

I'm confused now though because you seemed to be stating earlier that something didn't add up (like he was killed by someone else). Maybe I misunderstood.

I agree, they couldn't have, unless they got out the window of the jail cell and are still running around somewhere.

I'm confused now though because you seemed to be stating earlier that something didn't add up (like he was killed by someone else). Maybe I misunderstood.

Didn't add up as in his family is crazy (i assume) in thinking somebody else did it.

I love how the media is saying they feel sorry for the Hernandez family and how his daughter will grow up without a father. It's ridiculous. He made that choice when he killed Odin Lloyd and was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

VN Store

Back