MEXICO: Drug dealers, criminals, rapists!

Maybe you should have read my response before you said something. Care to comment on my actual plan?

Not really. You have made it clear many times you want illegals here to make sure you can keep getting your food and services cheap.

Wrong. All this really does is drive down wages for legal workers pushing them into unemployment. And, puts an undo burden on companies who won't hire illegals.

In the food industry it really doesn't save you much. Surely you know that restaurant workers, in general, don't make a lot, and most work for tips. Cook's and clean up crew don't make much different, if any, whether legal or illegal.

You have no way to back up your numbers.

This has been going on as long as we've had immigration and somehow we became an economic superpower.

There is no way to know what the real numbers are, but they are substantial.

“For some goods, the labor costs are already pretty high. And we don’t know how much higher they’d have to go to fill positions.”

Take sweet cherries, for instance, which must be picked by hand — slowly, and below certain temperatures — to prevent bruising. Labor costs account for between 45 and 60 percent of costs, according to the California Cherry Board, and many growers already operate on razor-thin margins.

a 2015 study on the dairy industry commissioned by the National Milk Producers Federation and conducted by economists at Texas A&M University — concluded that even a 50 percent reduction in the dairy industry’s 80,000 immigrant workers would increase the price of milk by 45.2 percent.

To give you an idea what that would look like, the average cost of a gallon of milk is $2.72. In Trump’s America, that could go north of $3.90 a gallon. Of course, this figure presupposes we’d still be drinking U.S. milk, which is anything but certain. Another unintended consequence of higher agricultural labor costs is that imports would become vastly more competitive

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ou-might-pay-a-lot-more-for-food-under-trump/

Reactions: 3 people
The Donald's BIG mouth during the campaign... denigrating anybody and everybody, including our neighbors to the South. Our Moron-in-Chief promises a great, big "beautiful" wall to keep out all those "drug dealers, criminals and rapists". He then calls NAFTA a "disaster" and the "worst trade deal ever".

All our homeboys in the Midwest eat up Trump's HATE, FEAR-MONGERING and pure IGNORANCE up like cornflakes baby. WOOT WOOT!!! You go, Donald! Show them Mexican rapists we mean bid-niz.

Now... reality. The Donald is actually our President. And guess what happens. He actually comes to "learn" (a very loose term when referring to The Donald) that NAFTA actually is a pretty fair trade plan. Not perfect, but pretty damn good. As in, good enough to have survived multiple Republican and Democratic administrations prior to The Donald.

The Donald: "Oh, wait what? You mean me throwing a trade agreement out the window might cause problems for me (and Americans... not that he cares)? Oh, well, then **** it, don't change anything, the Midwest suckers already put me in office."

Result? Threefold.

(1) Mexico is royally pissed off at us. Rightfully so. Our stupid ass President ridiculed and demeaned them, and even promised that THEY were going to pay for the pointless, big, beautiful wall between us.

And guess what... that got the Mexicans thinking. "Hmmmm.... what leverage do we have against stupid Trump? Hey, how about corn?"

Yep. Them taco-munchin' Mexicans import nearly all of their corn from the U.S., and now THANKS TO TRUMP, they are looking to potentially eliminate that trade and buy instead from other South American countries.

And guess. Who. Suffers.

The very nimrod, anti-Mexican suckers in the Midwest who put dumb Donald in office.

Per NYTimes:

"The prospect that the United States could lose its largest foreign market for corn and other key products has shaken farming communities throughout the American Midwest, where corn production is a vital part of the economy. The threat is particularly unsettling for many residents of the Corn Belt because much of the region voted overwhelmingly for Mr. Trump in the presidential election.

“If we lose Mexico as a customer, it will be absolutely devastating to the ag economy,” said Philip Gordon, 68, who grows corn, soybeans and wheat on a farm in Saline, Mich., that has been in his family for 140 years.

Mr. Gordon said he planned to call Mr. Trump at the White House “and remind him we need trade.”

“He’s a businessman,” Mr. Gordon said. “He understands how much support for him came from the agricultural community.”"

(2) The Donald apparently plans to back down from his CAMPAIGN PROMISES (pesky things) on NAFTA.

Per NYTimes:

"President Trump, who has called the North American Free Trade Agreement “the worst trade deal” ever signed by the United States, appears to have backed off his threat to abandon the deal and is instead proposing keeping major planks in place when he begins renegotiating it later this year."

Wait, Donald? I thought NAFTA was the "worst deal ever" and a complete "disaster". OHHHHH, that's right... voters probably actually took your words LITERALLY. And thanks to Kellyanne Conway, we now know that when you speak, it's all about "ALTERNATIVE FACTS", not reality.

And lastly,

(3) The big, beautiful Mexican-funded wall.

Ahhhhhh... can't you just see it now? 30-feet high, sparkling, magnificent, symbol of American might and power (with an attractive view from the North side, mind you... South side, not so much).

Well, I for one am excited. The Donald told me that Mexico is going to pay for this big ol' crazy wall, so LET'S GET STARTED!!!! :dance2::dance2::dance2:

Wait...what? I'm sorry, did you say that Mexico actually said that there was no way in hell that they are EVER gonna pay for this wall??? BUT!!! BUT!!! The Donald said so!!!!

Well, no worries, let's just write that whole nonsense off to pesky campaign "promises". Silly stuff. At least it'll only a couple billion, and we won't have any issue building it.

Wait... what? $21+ billion? Lots of eminent-domain lawsuits? But... but, Donald said!!!

###

I hate Donald Trump. I will be "that guy" who is first to start dancing in the streets when the big clown gets the big impeachment boot to the curb.

View attachment 129839

In a letter to President Trump, an Ohio Sheriff urged him to send ICE agents to target businesses that employ illegal aliens.

Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones asked President Trump to send Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers to Butler County, Ohio, to begin a program of “workplace enforcement,” according to Fox 19.

“The American citizens are tired of dealing with this issue, tired of hearing on the news how an illegal alien committed a crime here and just gets to return home, tired of illegal aliens bringing and trading drugs in this country, and tired of losing jobs to companies who are willing to hire illegals and pay them far less wages,” said Jones in his letter to the President. “Our citizens are at risk to their health and physical safety every day that this country allows them to be here.”

One of the main news outlets in the Mexican BORDER state of Chihuahua has shut down its operations after the murder of one of its journalists, multiple threats, and the complete lack of security conditions.

On Sunday, Oscar Cantu Murgia, the director for El Norte De Cd. Juarez announced that after 27 years in print, the publication is going silent. The print and online news outlet is one of the publications that the late Miroslava Breach worked for.

Reactions: 1 person
We have a 50 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico. I think we are in the driver's seat at the negotiating table.

Reactions: 2 people
Every ****ing time.

The benefit of legal and illegal immigration far exceeds the cost.

I'm all for making it legal. Please do. But if you're not willing to open up legal immigration, the fact remains that we need millions of illegals.

Hey let's kick out all the illegals for a quarter and see if we really need them like you guys say. I doubt it, but if we do we will just invite them back.

Hey let's kick out all the illegals for a quarter and see if we really need them like you guys say. I doubt it, but if we do we will just invite them back.

The economy would be slammed and in disarray. You'd have to wait a lot longer than that to see how it really plays out

I think the plurality and maybe even the majority of illegals are people over-staying their visas. You can fix that to a large degree by changing expectations. They don't go home because they believe they have no chance of getting another visa next year or the year after or whatever.

Okay, reasonable thought process here. But the main problem (at least right now) is the fact there is very little enforcement of those already here. So, that paradigm has to change.

So I think that means we should issue about 5 million visas annually to Mexico and streamline the process. I think we issue 1M or so.

Arbitrary number or something to the 1M number?

Asking, not arguing.

I think people going through this visa process should be able to earn a pathway to citizenship. Maybe 2 or 3 visits here with no hiccups and steady work and we approve them for a longer term stay where they can work towards permanently staying.

Not a bad idea at all.

Most illegals are not border hoppers, but we need to make that as unattractive as possible. If people can reasonably expect to get here in the next 1-3 years and become a citizen in the next 10-12 years by following the process, they are less likely to break the law.

I think 10-12 years is too long to ask for. Hence why we have the current problems of people coming across the border (and yes, it's a significant part of the problem). Five years max on a green card/work visa before citizenship can be earned is far more reasonable.

One of the biggest problems with immigration is that few politicians/officials are willing to be tied to harsh immigration enforcement...even Trump will be gun shy. I believe one of the reasons we can't/don't treat illegal immigrants harshly is because we do understand that the process is bogus and we don't have the heart to kick people out. If we create a more legitimate process and let people in within reason, I am actually OK with harsher enforcement.

I think that's half the battle. What I completely don't understand is the ones that do commit crimes are not dealt with severely and one time. I have a hard time trying to wrap my head around the fact we have "sanctuary cities" and whatnot when some of those very same illegals taking advantage of that hospitality by continuing to commit crimes.

I think we take money out of the military budget and put a fraction of those savings into watching the border more effectively.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for cutting overseas expenditures and using the money on border enforcement.

Here's the one problem with your whole post though, it doesn't deal with who we have here already. And 12 million illegals here already have to be dealt with somehow. Depending on how it was sold and possibly some modifications, I think the general public would accept some form of what the Gang of 8 proposed some time back. An amnesty period followed by some kind of fine and a path to citizenship? No matter what, something has to happen on that front as well as border enforcement before any significant other reforms can be made.

Yeah, the 1 M was 2014 numbers i saw, i think and 5m applicants...consider many people don't apply because they think it's wasted effort.

5m seems like a good number but i'm not firm on it.

President Donald Trump’s focus on deporting criminal illegal aliens has led to a boom in one particular business — tattoo removal.

Illegal aliens are scrambling to remove any tattoos that might be seen by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents as gang-related in hopes of avoiding deportations.

Even sanctuary cities are seeing an increase in tattoo removal. Fox News reports one clinic in San Francisco “has doubled the number of clients since the election.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/s...-tattoo-removal-business-video/#ixzz4dF4M8wrk

The thing about Trump voters is while they may theoretically support universal healthcare or environmental protections, it's like 7th or 8th on their list behind several iterations of "keeping brown people out of the country."

The thing about Trump voters is while they may theoretically support universal healthcare or environmental protections, it's like 7th or 8th on their list behind several iterations of "keeping brown people out of the country."

The main thing people want to a tax cut

Yeah, the 1 M was 2014 numbers i saw, i think and 5m applicants...consider many people don't apply because they think it's wasted effort.

5m seems like a good number but i'm not firm on it.

I do think you are correct that Americans, by and large, have a hard time dealing with the thought of massive deportations of innocent people. For the most part we are a very hospitable country and tend to welcome in outsiders with open arms. However, as the old saying goes, a few bad apples spoil the bunch. The xenophobic kick currently in the news isn't as widespread as it's portrayed to be, but it's enhanced by the fact the bad things are often highlighted in the news.

Much like Ob, I know a few illegals here in the States just trying to make a better life for themselves. One is even in a pre-med program. I do have an issue with a deportation in something along those lines and a reasonable path to citizenship is certainly an option we should consider.

And this, fellow posters, is why we cannot have a reasonable conversation in this forum.

Too many trolls.

VN Store

Back