Charles Mosley and Dimarya Mixon no longer with team

Make room for what? All that quality depth that played last year?

A larger recruiting class? Moseley did nothing while here. Mixon had some decent plays, but was not a world beater. Reload, try again with new bodies. Par for the course in college football.

Reactions: 7 people
A larger recruiting class? Moseley did nothing while here. Mixon had some decent plays, but was not a world beater. Reload, try again with new bodies. Par for the course in college football.

So you expect me to believe that CBJ is going to let players go before spring practice, on a team that didn't have the depth to beat a 5-6 Vandy team last season...so that he can bring in more recruits in Feb 2018? lol...ok

Reactions: 6 people
So you expect me to believe that CBJ is going to let players go before spring practice, on a team that didn't have the depth to beat a 5-6 Vandy team last season...so that he can bring in more recruits in Feb 2018? lol...ok

Believe what you wish...but please keep us updated! :salute:

Reactions: 10 people
I knew Mixon had been mentioned previously as a departure possibility but why Mosley?

Mosley got tired of CBJ BS. Move him to OL one year, have him as the primary DT in spring practice because of injuries, move him back to the OL for the season to hold down the bench and out of desperation move him back to the DL. Don't blame him one bit for leaving.

Reactions: 3 people
after he broke his leg the first year, i was wondering what may happen if he could/would pan out and mixon kept getting in trouble or something didnt he ?

oh well next man up.....

Reactions: 1 person
Mosley got tired of CBJ BS. Move him to OL one year, have him as the primary DT in spring practice because of injuries, move him back to the OL for the season to hold down the bench and out of desperation move him back to the DL. Don't blame him one bit for leaving.

Obviously Mosleys departure was all completely Butch's fault. It had absolutely nothing to do with the kid possibly just not panning out. Butch enjoys moving a kid around just to ruin his football career. 🙄

Perhaps the player never asserted himself at either position? It isn't always the coaches' fault you know.

My take is that Mosely is quite large, but most likely doesn't have the athleticism to play at this level. Let's see where he transfers. Doubt it is anywhere great.

You think depth is what kept us from beating Vandy??!?

Reactions: 2 people
You think depth is what kept us from beating Vandy??!?

No, I don't think we were a good team. But I have been told for the last 4 months that I am a complete buffoon because obviously we didn't have enough depth to compete with Vandy. So I'm hoping one of those people can tell me how that's possible, but now we can just afford to let players go.

Reactions: 5 people
So that makes sense to you?

One marginal player and another superfluous? Using those roster spots to possibly upgrade? Yes. Mosley was not a part of depth. The need was there and he didn't fill it. Mixon was out there and you use the results in practically all of your posts...you should be delighted. :)

Reactions: 6 people
No, I don't think we were a good team. But I have been told for the last 4 months that I am a complete buffoon because obviously we didn't have enough depth to compete with Vandy. So I'm hoping one of those people can tell me how that's possible, but now we can just afford to let players go.

No...not "players".

Reactions: 2 people
I was told a couple of years ago by two young men that played ball with Big Charles in high school that he would never make it. Bot said he was lazy and too soft for a guy his size. Said he would get beat on blocks by guys who should never beat him way to often. I didn't want to believe them but I guess they were right.

You're kidding, right? Did you ever consider that the reason he kept being moved is because he was very underwhelming everywhere they tried him?

I wish them luck wherever they go but it does open up two more scholarships. Bad thing was Mixon got playing time & Mosley was adjusting.

Perhaps the player never asserted himself at either position? It isn't always the coaches' fault you know.

My take is that Mosely is quite large, but most likely doesn't have the athleticism to play at this level. Let's see where he transfers. Doubt it is anywhere great.

You may be right but it begs the obvious question: then why the H€££ DID WE RECRUIT HIM?

VN Store

Back