CNN set to be exposed by O'Keefe

I honestly believe you may have reading comprehension issues.
My entire stance has been they are not equally biased and untruthful. Some put a higher premium on being factual and neutral than others.

Do you think they are all equal in their biases?

I know you didn't ask me this question, but I think that is missing the point. I suppose the answer to that question is no, they are not all equal in their biases, but I don't think it matters.

I don't have a problem if they are biased, be it a little bit or a lot. Just be honest about where you are coming from. Outlets like Fox, MSNBC, HuffPo, Drudge, etc do this. I might disagree, but at least you are genuine about where you come from, so you can simply agree to disagree with them.

What I don't like are outlets like CNN, who, while less biased than Fox or MSNBC, make a claim of being objective and totally down the middle when they obviously are not. They very obviously lean left, but go all "deny til you die" when somebody accuses them of this.

It's being disingenuous, not biased, that is bad. Everybody is biased. Just be honest about it. And I think this is why Trump has targeted CNN and the NYT in his "fake news" diatribes.

I know you didn't ask me this question, but I think that is missing the point. I suppose the answer to that question is no, they are not all equal in their biases, but I don't think it matters.

I don't have a problem if they are biased, be it a little bit or a lot. Just be honest about where you are coming from. Outlets like Fox, MSNBC, HuffPo, Drudge, etc do this. I might disagree, but at least you are genuine about where you come from, so you can simply agree to disagree with them.

What I don't like are outlets like CNN, who, while less biased than Fox or MSNBC, make a claim of being objective and totally down the middle when they obviously are not. They very obviously lean left, but go all "deny til you die" when somebody accuses them of this.

It's being disingenuous, not biased, that is bad. Everybody is biased. Just be honest about it. And I think this is why Trump has targeted CNN and the NYT in his "fake news" diatribes.

Fox's tag line is "Fair and Balanced". But I agree with what you're saying.

Reactions: 1 person

Well, for the record, Fox New's tag line is "Fair and Balanced", so they have some guilt in that as well.

CNN didn't feed debate questions. One of their employees did. That employee was let go.

She represented CNN, maybe CNN should do a better job of vetting their people. It's quite ironic that after she got canned she was the interim chair for the DNC. I'm guessing that was a reward for what she did.

I just said about two posts ago that I do not consider them to be all equal in the neutrality/bias of their reporting.

Now... The bigger question, since I never even inferred in my original post that I consider them all on the same level, is why are you just now asking this question?

Do you think that you would have looked less reactionary and ignorant if your first words had ended in a question mark, and not contained "load of crap"?

I still think your post was a load of crap. Upon reflection, maybe a smaller load than I originally thought. You seem to be insinuating that I focused on Fox because I do not agree with their biases and that I'm oblivious to the biases from other news sources that I do agree with. That's largely untrue. I focus on Fox because they're the worst of the major outlets and so many on this site use them as their primary source (and then constantly slam CNN).

Fox's tag line is "Fair and Balanced". But I agree with what you're saying.

I think everybody can see through that for what it is; just a slogan/marketing gimmick. MSNBC's is/was "The Place for Politics." That has a very objective, down the middle feel to it, but everybody knows they are not.

The editorial/commentary people (Maddow, O'Donnell, etc.) make their political views no secret. Same with Fox and O'Reilly, Hannity, etc.

I still think your post was a load of crap. Upon reflection, maybe a smaller load than I originally thought. You seem to be insinuating that I focused on Fox because I do not agree with their biases and that I'm oblivious to the biases from other news sources that I do agree with. That's largely untrue. I focus on Fox because they're the worst of the major outlets and so many on this site use them as their primary source (and then constantly slam CNN).

You know, to be taken more seriously around here, when shown to be wrong, admit it graciously and learn from your mistakes.

It would be asinine. I don't know anyone, certainly not me, that has ever said CNN is straight down the middle. Just closer to the middle than FOX.

I'm retired and leave the TV on different news channels all day as I putter (or most recently succumb to my digital addiction here). I'm a hardcore Centrist. It doesn't matter whose test I take for political ideology, American or UK. Some tests place me barely to the right some barely to the left. Some a tad Libertarian and others a tad Authoritarian.

I AM straight down the middle as anyone can be.

Fox leans right.
ALL the others lean left to some degree.

No one, NO NEWS available on cable has the majority of their talking heads reading "the news".

By the way, I just took another political ideology test. Here are the results.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 59
I'm retired and leave the TV on different news channels all day as I putter (or most recently succumb to my digital addiction here). I'm a hardcore Centrist. It doesn't matter whose test I take for political ideology, American or UK. Some tests place me barely to the right some barely to the left. Some a tad Libertarian and others a tad Authoritarian.

I AM straight down the middle as anyone can be.

Fox leans right.
ALL the others lean left to some degree.

No one, NO NEWS available on cable has the majority of their talking heads reading "the news".

By the way, I just took another political ideology test. Here are the results.

Pinko. :)

I heard it's all going down when the check from Mexico clears, which is ironically the day after Hillary is shipped off to prison

Wrong.

They are waiting to release the proof of the 3 million illegal voters and then release the proof that Ted Cruz's dad shot JFK in the face with a bazooka and Obama was born in Kenya. Then after they force Mexico to cough up 42 bagillion pesos and they ship off Hillary to prison you will get the proofs. You filthy liberal. Soros puppet.

:)

Reactions: 8 people
Wrong.

They are waiting to release the proof of the 3 million illegal voters and then release the proof that Ted Cruz's dad shot JFK in the face with a bazooka and Obama was born in Kenya. Then after they force Mexico to cough up 42 bagillion pesos and they ship off Hillary to prison you will get the proofs. You filthy liberal. Soros puppet.

:)

Well I hope they finally release the undoctored photos of the inauguration, the 2 million people that showed up want their moment in the sun too. You think they'll release Obamas transcripts at that time?

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back