CNN set to be exposed by O'Keefe

This sh** is getting beyond old and tired.

Uninformed and informed, cable network yadi blah blah........

As someone who is independent, but hating libs and dem's more each passing day, I sit here and read posts by people who somehow think and feel they are a part of the superior while bashing the other side.

Anyone who claims that the "news" isn't a for profit business is an idiot, period. Anyone who claims that CNN and msm and regular networks aren't heavily slanted in delivering news slanted to their viewers is blind. Same for Fox.

Now, if you aren't "selling" the stories that the viewership "likes" you lose those viewers.

When I hear this poll and that poll I want to literally grab you by the neck and hit you upside the head. When the poll includes every American then we can talk, otherwise see above.

Now, for the informed vs uninformed, those saying the Fox viewers are less intelligent and educated give me a break. I'm a part of the top 0.05% in net worth (I don't watch any of the news networks crap), and everyone I know who is older than me watches Fox. These people are a part of the top 1%. Everyone one of them. My dad watches it. My dad has 2 B.S. (earned in 3 years) one in nuclear Engineering the other in Chemical. He has 4 Master's, one in Nuclear, one in Electrical, an M.B.A. and M.S. in Finance all of which individually took him less than a year to earn while working!!!!! He is smarter than anyone I've ever met, and I know a lot of very smart educated successful people. Jack Welch told my dad he was the smartest man he ever met. You seriously want to throw out this crap about intelligence and what news you watch........

Further, the real synopsis lays in the reality that the vast majority of people are, AVERAGE to less than average. So, when I hear the speak of viewership people forget that the vast majority of people in this country aren't very intelligent. So, go figure the masses supposedly watch more of the other networks vs. Fox. Why, because the majority of these people are sheep and schills and are so blind to reality and so far up their own arses they couldn't understand the follies and lies even if and when it were standing on their own heads.

Love the lib elitists feelings that they talk "down" about others. So, I'll go ahead and do the same right now. Everyone of you fancy pants want to compare your greatness to others.....who the fu** are you? Really? I guarantee everyone of you is so common in your existence that you fall perfectly in the average to less than average in every aspect of your existence. You are a slave to your average mortgage, your average car payments, your average kids and your utterly meaningless existence.

Maybe if you didn't complain about the "others" and had been more in tune to becoming a strong independent individual who doesn't accept any news from anywhere without the slightest bit of questioning about it's validity you wouldn't be a sheep.

Understand that not one news agency or government agency, regardless of it's affiliation, doesn't give one crap about you. Understand that you are a part of the problem and the ongoing machine that perpetuates the problem. Just as you're a slave to your life, you also serve well in allowing the machine to control you and make you the gullible and manipulated without you understanding what is being done.

Reality is as long as D's and R's are abound nothing changes. We don't need either moniker by the name as it in and of itself is the problem. Every politician wanting to make "change" and make their mark. Bunch of bs and all that we need is elected officials to maintain and run the government as was intended and that requires nothing but following the existing laws, lessen the amount of government involvement in everything except national defense and protecting the citizens and keeping and repairing infrastructure. The less it has to do the better. Don't need to be a D or R for that.

Reactions: 3 people

As someone who is independent, but hating libs and dem's more each passing day, I sit here and read posts by people who somehow think and feel they are a part of the superior while bashing the other side.

Anyone who claims that the "news" isn't a for profit business is an idiot, period. Anyone who claims that CNN and msm and regular networks aren't heavily slanted in delivering news slanted to their viewers is blind. Same for Fox.

Now, if you aren't "selling" the stories that the viewership "likes" you lose those viewers.

When I hear this poll and that poll I want to literally grab you by the neck and hit you upside the head. When the poll includes every American then we can talk, otherwise see above.

Now, for the informed vs uninformed, those saying the Fox viewers are less intelligent and educated give me a break. I'm a part of the top 0.05% in net worth (I don't watch any of the news networks crap), and everyone I know who is older than me watches Fox. These people are a part of the top 1%. Everyone one of them. My dad watches it. My dad has 2 B.S. (earned in 3 years) one in nuclear Engineering the other in Chemical. He has 4 Master's, one in Nuclear, one in Electrical, an M.B.A. and M.S. in Finance all of which individually took him less than a year to earn while working!!!!! He is smarter than anyone I've ever met, and I know a lot of very smart educated successful people. Jack Welch told my dad he was the smartest man he ever met. You seriously want to throw out this crap about intelligence and what news you watch........

Further, the real synopsis lays in the reality that the vast majority of people are, AVERAGE to less than average. So, when I hear the speak of viewership people forget that the vast majority of people in this country aren't very intelligent. So, go figure the masses supposedly watch more of the other networks vs. Fox. Why, because the majority of these people are sheep and schills and are so blind to reality and so far up their own arses they couldn't understand the follies and lies even if and when it were standing on their own heads.

Love the lib elitists feelings that they talk "down" about others. So, I'll go ahead and do the same right now. Everyone of you fancy pants want to compare your greatness to others.....who the fu** are you? Really? I guarantee everyone of you is so common in your existence that you fall perfectly in the average to less than average in every aspect of your existence. You are a slave to your average mortgage, your average car payments, your average kids and your utterly meaningless existence.

Maybe if you didn't complain about the "others" and had been more in tune to becoming a strong independent individual who doesn't accept any news from anywhere without the slightest bit of questioning about it's validity you wouldn't be a sheep.

Understand that not one news agency or government agency, regardless of it's affiliation, doesn't give one crap about you. Understand that you are a part of the problem and the ongoing machine that perpetuates the problem. Just as you're a slave to your life, you also serve well in allowing the machine to control you and make you the gullible and manipulated without you understanding what is being done.

Reality is as long as D's and R's are abound nothing changes. We don't need either moniker by the name as it in and of itself is the problem. Every politician wanting to make "change" and make their mark. Bunch of bs and all that we need is elected officials to maintain and run the government as was intended and that requires nothing but following the existing laws, lessen the amount of government involvement in everything except national defense and protecting the citizens and keeping and repairing infrastructure. The less it has to do the better. Don't need to be a D or R for that.

If this $h!t is getting so old and tired and you're the smartest person in the world what are you doing hanging around here with all us dummies?

Reactions: 2 people
If this $h!t is getting so old and tired and you're the smartest person in the world what are you doing hanging around here with all us dummies?

Never said I was, if you hadn't served in the military I'd refer to you with more than just you are one of the less than average losers referred to in the post dummy.

Reactions: 1 person

Feel better?

It certainly sounds like you view yourself as part of the "superior".

Anyone who operates under the assumption that news sources are equally truthful and neutral, is part of the problem. Any person who gets a large portion of their news from FOX (without the knowledge that they are often being fed a slanted load of crap), is part of the problem.

I need to get back to my common existence.

No I don't feel better and I don't view myself as anything other than someone who was blessed with my family and who worked his arse off to achieve and through those superior achievements, as I know of a handful of people my age to accomplish anything relatively close that yes, I am above average in every possible way.

Funny how you worded your second paragraph, too. Not one source does anything but feed into it's viewers and listeners, period, for ratings and money. They feed what their viewers crave. All of them. Then you throw Fox out there and make the statement that also applies to you, as you do nothing but slam fox and somehow believe CNN isn't of the same problem. You are the who that is part of the problem. Do go back your little existence.

Feel better?

Anyone who operates under the assumption that news sources are equally truthful and neutral, is part of the problem. Any person who gets a large portion of their news from FOX (without the knowledge that they are often being fed a slanted load of crap), is part of the problem.

You've said this same thing to at least two posters (myself included) who've posted that they view Fox as slanted and untrustworthy as well.

Do you even read the posts you respond to?

The interesting thing is that you are so rigid in your beliefs that you can't even entertain the idea that you're guilty of what you accuse us of being--i.e. blind to the fact that golden choices of news are slanted (even though we've clearly stated that Fox News is not our choice, and we consider it slanted as well).

In other words, you ignore huge swaths of arguments, formulate your response, and are blind to the fact that your accusations are actually self-incriminating.

:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Feel better?

Calling Fox slanted down the right and CNN straight down the middle is asinine. I'll admit Fox is slanted to the right but will also admit CNN is slanted down the left.

You lose all credibility not mentioning it. Tell it like it is if your going to spew the BS.

No I don't feel better and I don't view myself as anything other than someone who was blessed with my family and who worked his arse off to achieve and through those superior achievements, as I know of a handful of people my age to accomplish anything relatively close that yes, I am above average in every possible way.

Funny how you worded your second paragraph, too. Not one source does anything but feed into it's viewers and listeners, period, for ratings and money. They feed what their viewers crave. All of them. Then you throw Fox out there and make the statement that also applies to you, as you do nothing but slam fox and somehow believe CNN isn't of the same problem. You are the who that is part of the problem. Do go back your little existence.

I have never stated CNN is neutral or not slanted to the left. Contrary to your assumptions, I'm not an idiot. I have only stated that Fox is worse. It's proven by a preponderance of the evidence.

Again, some news sources are much more factual and neutral than others. That is not debatable. Maybe you can justify that fact by saying some news sources cater to people wanting factual, neutral news. Maybe some viewers crave factual, neutral news; those viewers do not choose Fox as a primary source. They probably shouldn't choose CNN either, but it is better.

Calling Fox slanted down the right and CNN straight down the middle is asinine. I'll admit Fox is slanted to the right but will also admit CNN is slanted down the left.

You lose all credibility not mentioning it. Tell it like it is if your going to spew the BS.

It would be asinine. I don't know anyone, certainly not me, that has ever said CNN is straight down the middle. Just closer to the middle than FOX.

That's a load of crap.

If you think every news organization puts the same premium on journalistic integrity vs. profits, you're the delusional one.

That's like saying since every one sins, they therefore must sin equally and any attempt to differentiate is futile.

Fox was the leader and the worst offender. The demise of msm that we have witnessed lies on their shoulders. There are sill many news sources that hold truth and fairness at a premium. They all have flaws and occasionally let their biases show through, but to claim they are all equal is asinine.

I have never stated CNN is neutral or not slanted to the left. Contrary to your assumptions, I'm not an idiot. I have only stated that Fox is worse. It's proven by a preponderance of the evidence.

Again, some news sources are much more factual and neutral than others. That is not debatable. Maybe you can justify that fact by saying some news sources cater to people wanting factual, neutral news. Maybe some viewers crave factual, neutral news; those viewers do not choose Fox as a primary source. They probably shouldn't choose CNN either, but it is better.

You said much more than the bold, my friend. You held your favorites up as the standard that "hold truth and fairness at a premium", which directly contradicts your follow-up statement that they're all slanted.

Could I borrow about tree fiddy?

It would be asinine. I don't know anyone, certainly not me, that has ever said CNN is straight down the middle. Just closer to the middle than FOX.

Neither Fox or CNN are particularly close to objective or "down the middle," but I will say that Fox is much more partisan than CNN is. MSNBC is also much more partisan than CNN.

I actually have less of a problem with Fox and MSNBC than I do with CNN and the majors (NBC, CBS, ABC) because Fox and MSNBC are much more open about their editorializing.

CNN and the majors do a lot of editorializing and spin in their reporting, all towards one particular political leaning, but become indignant when it is suggested they are biased. The false pretense of being objective is what rubs me the wrong way with them.

Neither Fox or CNN are particularly close to objective or "down the middle," but I will say that Fox is much more partisan than CNN is. MSNBC is also much more partisan than CNN.

I actually have less of a problem with Fox and MSNBC than I do with CNN and the majors (NBC, CBS, ABC) because Fox and MSNBC are much more open about their editorializing.

CNN and the majors do a lot of editorializing and spin in their reporting, all towards one particular political leaning, but become indignant when it is suggested they are biased. The false pretense of being objective is what rubs me the wrong way with them.

I agree completely, and is one of my biggest complaints of luther's stance on this. He on one hand holds his favorites up as putting truth as the standard, yet let the following slip.

Fox was the leader and the worst offender. The demise of msm that we have witnessed lies on their shoulders. There are sill many news sources that hold truth and fairness at a premium. They all have flaws and occasionally let their biases show through, but to claim they are all equal is asinine.

In other words, he claims that truth is the standard, yet admits that they are trying to hide their bias from the public.

My entire argument has been that they're all biased because they're all owned by corporate giants with motives. I guess some people think that bias which agrees with their bias isn't bias, and prefer the ones that hide their bias from their unsuspecting viewership.

Here's why I believe the news sheep don't recognize the bias in their chosen sources.

Humanity is tribal by nature. Our core beliefs are defined by tribal association, and once we have them, they become "fact" for us until we get to a certain point of honest self-appraisal.

So, when our chosen news sources editorialize, we don't "hear" it as editorializing. We hear (what we consider as settled) fact. So, we think one source is more "fact"-driven than the others because they're just reinforcing what we've established for ourselves what is "fact", but which is actually only opinion.

It's a subtle bit of self-delusion, and we prefer it.

Or a liberal or conservative. But that defines moderate or centrist.

Keep it between the lines and get out of everything else.

CNN = Clinton News Network.

CNN is the talking points for the DNC & shows hate only for the Republicans.

CNN shows hate for those on the right because they generally disagree with CNN's agenda of reporting fake & made up news to boot up their ratings.

Last edited:

That's a good and fair post.

I agree completely, and is one of my biggest complaints of luther's stance on this. He on one hand holds his favorites up as putting truth as the standard, yet let the following slip.

In other words, he claims that truth is the standard, yet admits that they are trying to hide their bias from the public.

My entire argument has been that they're all biased because they're all owned by corporate giants with motives. I guess some people think that bias which agrees with their bias isn't bias, and prefer the ones that hide their bias from their unsuspecting viewership.

Here's why I believe the news sheep don't recognize the bias in their chosen sources.

Humanity is tribal by nature. Our core beliefs are defined by tribal association, and once we have them, they become "fact" for us until we get to a certain point of honest self-appraisal.

So, when our chosen news sources editorialize, we don't "hear" it as editorializing. We hear (what we consider as settled) fact. So, we think one source is more "fact"-driven than the others because they're just reinforcing what we've established for ourselves what is "fact", but which is actually only opinion.

It's a subtle bit of self-delusion, and we prefer it.

I honestly believe you may have reading comprehension issues.
My entire stance has been they are not equally biased and untruthful. Some put a higher premium on being factual and neutral than others.

Do you think they are all equal in their biases?

My entire stance has been they are not equally biased and untruthful. Some put a higher premium on being factual and neutral than others.

You may want to be careful questioning other peoples' reading comprehension. Below is the post you called a "load of crap".

Everybody willingly accepts propaganda. The thing is they'll only accept their propaganda. In other words, you single out Fox News only because you disagree with their worldview.

The fact of the matter is that every major media outlet is owned by consortiums of corporations whose two greatest motives are to make profits, and further the worldview they want furthered.

Period.

If you believe it's only one of them (which just happens to be the one you disagree with), you betray your ignorance, partisanship, and Stockholm Syndrome.

ETA: Shadows of Liberty

Where did I ever say they are equal? At all? I just said that they are all biased. You called that a "load of crap", and now you're claiming they're all biased.

You may want to slow down, hoss. You'll save yourself a lot of egg on your face.

No I don't.

When Fox News starts giving questions for a Presidential debate to Republican candidates a head of the debate, then we can talk about how their biases are equal. Until then CNN has proven that they are a schill for the DNC

Reactions: 4 people
You may want to be careful questioning other peoples' reading comprehension. Below is the post you called a "load of crap".

Where did I ever say they are equal? At all? I just said that they are all biased. You called that a "load of crap", and now you're claiming they're all biased.

You may want to slow down, hoss. You'll save yourself a lot of egg on your face.
So are you saying they're unequal in their biases and the premium they put on being factual and neutral?

No I don't.

When Fox News starts giving questions for a Presidential debate to Republican candidates a head of the debate, then we can talk about how their biases are equal. Until then CNN has proven that they are a schill for the DNC

CNN didn't feed debate questions. One of their employees did. That employee was let go.

So are you saying they're unequal in their biases and the premium they put on being factual and neutral?

I just said about two posts ago that I do not consider them to be all equal in the neutrality/bias of their reporting.

Now... The bigger question, since I never even inferred in my original post that I consider them all on the same level, is why are you just now asking this question?

Do you think that you would have looked less reactionary and ignorant if your first words had ended in a question mark, and not contained "load of crap"?

VN Store

Back