Official TN v next team up pre-game

No reason we shouldn't beat Mississippi State Saturday, Barnes has his work cut out for him getting these guys up to play...do so and they'll win, and be sitting in a great spot.

No reason we shouldn't beat Mississippi State Saturday, Barnes has his work cut out for him getting these guys up to play...do so and they'll win, and be sitting in a great spot.

A win Saturday and we are in really really good shape. And *if* we make the tournament, we have the depth to make a 2nd weekend run.

It's still a rough road ahead. Really need to go 4-1 at home. TN really needs to get the Georgia win to avoid having to beat Alabama to make the tournament. 6-3 is far better than 5-4. It's going to be difficult to win one of @KY, @USCe, Georgia, and Alabama plus go 5-0 in the rest.

It's still a rough road ahead. Really need to go 4-1 at home. TN really needs to get the Georgia win to avoid having to beat Alabama to make the tournament. 6-3 is far better than 5-4. It's going to be difficult to win one of @KY, @USCe, Georgia, and Alabama plus go 5-0 in the rest.

Tennessee sits 13-9(5-4), 9 games remaining, 18-13(10-8) and they are likely in, anything better than that and they're a lock IMO.

So at minimum 5-4 the rest of the way is what they need to do...rpiforecast has us favored in 6/8 remaining games.

Tennessee sits 13-9(5-4), 9 games remaining, 18-13(10-8) and they are likely in, anything better than that and they're a lock IMO.

So at minimum 5-4 the rest of the way is what they need to do...rpiforecast has us favored in 6/8 remaining games.

Don't forget that they don't like to give credit for Chaminade. 18-13 and a win in the SECT will really help their odds. It'll be so close that how the other bubblers shake out should decide it. I hope they have 6-3 and at least 1-1 in them. But they're freshmen dependent. Even the NIT isn't a lock just yet.

Don't forget that they don't like to give credit for Chaminade. 18-13 and a win in the SECT will really help their odds. It'll be so close that how the other bubblers shake out should decide it. I hope they have 6-3 and at least 1-1 in them. But they're freshmen dependent. Even the NIT isn't a lock just yet.

Nothing is a lock, but with each win the odds become better and better.

That's weird too. Show us favored in 6 of 8 but predict winning 17 games.

That's weird too. Show us favored in 6 of 8 but predict winning 17 games.

Hasn't updated yet today, but probably will stay the same...it uses a formula, not sure what it is, but it's not simply if you're favored in 6 they have you winning 6, they look and if 3 of those games you're only favored by 1-2pts then they assume it's likely you're gonna drop 1 of those.

Hasn't updated yet today, but probably will stay the same...it uses a formula, not sure what it is, but it's not simply if you're favored in 6 they have you winning 6, they look and if 3 of those games you're only favored by 1-2pts then they assume it's likely you're gonna drop 1 of those.

It's actually 7/9. That would be 19 wins.
Losses to KY and USC.

IMO gotta win the next two to still have a good shot. I think we will lose back to back with Georgia and Kentucky

Being as how this is the next team up thread...I still worry about MS St. Herard and 5 other guys over 6'7" whereas we have one. If the game is called as ridiculously tight as it was last night we could be sunk in a hurry down low. The irony is we may have cured our problem of inconsistency yet SEC refs are the most inconsistent bunch in the game.

This team's got grit...don't count them out of any games.

This team is also chock-full of freshmen who will, inevitably, play like freshmen. I am trying to temper my expectations and just enjoy the fun while it lasts.

VN Store

Back