Vols in great shape for NCAA tourney!

I just hope the Bucs can get back to where they were when I was there. Almost always Top 25, back then ETSU scheduled UT as one of their cupcakes to warm up for other big time teams.

ETSU is 2-16 versus the "cupcake".

You talking about their Golden Era of going 1-4 in the NCAAT from 1989-1992 or the 5 straight NCAAT first round losses since?

Is one Top 25 finish considered "almost always" or was there another?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
"Tennessee, nation’s top 9-loss team, working its way onto NCAA bubble." ETSU is helping the NCAA tourney case for the Vols as this article shows, guys! So you guys are just blowing smoke about the significance of the 16-5 Bucs win.
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-basketball-ratings-story
Not one person is blowing smoke about the ETSU win. But you make it as though we went into Duke and won. Ut wasnt that big of a win. But it was a quality win.

Reactions: 1 person
Come on everybody. That win against ETSU ranks as one of the Vols greatest wins in their storied history. UT ought to take a page out of the Vandy football playbook and sell DVDs of the game at seasons end. UT athletics could make 10 or 15 dollars off of such a venture.

Come on everybody. That win against ETSU ranks as one of the Vols greatest wins in their storied history. UT ought to take a page out of the Vandy football playbook and sell DVDs of the game at seasons end. UT athletics could make 10 or 15 dollars off of such a venture.

Dont forget building a wall in honor of the win.

"Tennessee, nation’s top 9-loss team, working its way onto NCAA bubble." ETSU is helping the NCAA tourney case for the Vols as this article shows, guys! So you guys are just blowing smoke about the significance of the 16-5 Bucs win.
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-basketball-ratings-story

I just want to know, if ETSU was such a big win, why didn't the article mention them and actually talk about them? They were included in the list of opponents, but not a word was said about them. Even Tennessee Tech got a few words about them, but ETSU didn't.

But But..... They are whom we strive to be as great as.

But it might be nice to consider moving our benches to the end of the court under the goals.

The guy who thought that idea up must be the same guy who put both benches on the same sideline in Canadian Football.

I just want to know, if ETSU was such a big win, why didn't the article mention them and actually talk about them? They were included in the list of opponents, but not a word was said about them. Even Tennessee Tech got a few words about them, but ETSU didn't.

Oh no, you are in danger of being labeled as a smoke blower. lol

Just win one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may. With CRB they get in if they are a true bubble team IMO. Which is the advantage of having a long term successful HC that people in the know respect. Regardless of the final result, I am very pleased with the direction of the program and the heart of this team. So happy to see Hubbs have the season he is having.

If we can just finish .500 the rest of the way it would be a vast improvement over the past two seasons. Tomorrow is big for the rest of the way. If we can play like Tuesday night then we have a chance to make some noise.

I am concerned that teams may start zoning us more and more. Our offense against most man to man defenses has been good with the exception of SC.

Interesting question. Does it help or hurt the Vols prospects if ETSU beats Chattanooga tomorrow or vice versa?

Last edited:

I disagree with that article. No way we make the NCAA tourney. We should make the NIT though. But, NCAA tourney is a long long shot in my opinion. We would almost have to win out & that's not going to happen.

The only thing that gets us in the NCAA tourney is winning the SEC tourney & that's very unlikely. We should get at least one home game though getting into the NIT.

I disagree with that article. No way we make the NCAA tourney. We should make the NIT though. But, NCAA tourney is a long long shot in my opinion. We would almost have to win out & that's not going to happen.

The only thing that gets us in the NCAA tourney is winning the SEC tourney & that's very unlikely. We should get at least one home game though getting into the NIT.

Depends on tomorrow. If we somehow manage to beat KSU, we are serious contenders to be a bubble team. Lose that game and we're NIT at best. Tomorrow is a must win in every sense of the word.

Depends on tomorrow. If we somehow manage to beat KSU, we are serious contenders to be a bubble team. Lose that game and we're NIT at best. Tomorrow is a must win in every sense of the word.

For reasons already mentioned that's not entirely true...7-4 is the minimum Tennessee can do and still have a chance, a loss tomorrow just means they need to go 7-3 to end the season.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back