Please Holly...Resign Or Retire

hokievol12

Either would go a long way toward eliminating the complacency, cluelessness, absolute ineptness of this once proud program! The train wreck that we watch is demoralizing to the fanbase.

Reactions: 18 people
How far will it be allowed to fall before the administration says enough!! Good grief hire the new AD already so we can get a competent coach w some fire in her belly and is competent !!
There are plenty of LVFL we could get !

Reactions: 5 people
With the shipwreck that happening in front of our eyes is it possible that even Blackburn said: "thanks but no thanks"?

Butch: coaching for his job likely out after nxt season
Barnes: Players played balls out against Carolina but sense have been erratic
Warlick: Was handpicked and has sense taken a nose dive to new depths of frustration.

Reactions: 1 person
She has fire and energy and no doubt works hard but she does not connect with players and they are clueless on the floor. With next year recruiting class there are several big names coaches who would come here.

Holly is not smart enough to quit or retire, she will need to be fired. This program lacks the environment that is needed to produce a top 15 team. Waiting for next year is only going to produce similar results, only with 9 superstars. We need to face facts, you can have a team full of 5 stars but you have to know how to coach up their abilities and develop those skills. I thought that Holly should be given a chance to continue to coach the incoming recruits, however, does she deserve that opportunity? That is starting to appear questionable at best. She is not the only D1 coach with a limited roster, which was really created due to her lack of recruiting for 2016-2017. To be factual it is not the limited roster that is beating us, it is bad defense, bad offense, turnovers, not playing with the necessary mental skills and inept coaching. We need an environment change which I believe Holly is incapable of producing.

Reactions: 13 people
We simply have to get that recruiting class in before firing her. Give her one more year no matter what.

The incoming recruits signed their LOI's with the understanding that they would be playing for CHW. Are we going to lose any of them if a new coach were hired before their arrival?

Why Why is she the coach this once top elite and some would say is where Women Basketball really started to what it has become today she should have been gone 2 years ago i know PAT hand picked her but PAT is no longer with us but if she were PAT would sat it is time for a change they are catching the mens program fast.

The incoming recruits signed their LOI's with the understanding that they would be playing for CHW. Are we going to lose any of them if a new coach were hired before their arrival?

I have a hard time imagining that anyone would decide to come to Tennessee because they dream of being coached by Holly.

Reactions: 8 people
She has fire and energy and no doubt works hard but she does not connect with players and they are clueless on the floor. With next year recruiting class there are several big names coaches who would come here.

If there were a coaching change, wouldn't next year's class be released from their LOIs?

I have a hard time imagining that anyone would decide to come to Tennessee because they dream of being coached by Holly.

It's hard to know what's in the minds of teenage girls. There are likely other coaches that they would NOT want to play for should they be hired by Tenn.

Most of them came here because of the Tradition they can see and still would play for a coach that can coach you know there is a line full of big time women coaches that would come here some would quit in the third quarter of the game they are coaching now to come to TENNESSEE.HOLLY has got to go no more excuses for her she has proven time and time again she cant do the job:rock:I hate for her and all that but deep down she knows it to.Its so sad to see this great program fall like the stock market did a few years ago i just hope nobody jumps of cliffs and roof tops before she destroys this great program.:eek:hmy:

Reactions: 3 people
we have good player! good coaches make great player! we do not have a good coaching staff! fire this bunch of coaches now!

I have to remind myself that our players are basically kids and I, by no means want to insult them or hurt their feelings, but this is getting painful. I watch holly in a press conference and damnit, she's likeable and I actually start to feel sorry for her. The thing is....good people can be bad coaches. I would probably really like her as a person but as a coach, no. Tonight was bad. The intentional foul was mind-boggling. These McDonald All Americans on our team are playing with no confidence, no intensity and losing to kids who weren't even recruited by Tennessee.

She may as well be spitting on Pat's grave. Ruined everything Pat built.

I agree with you, as she has destroyed a once powerful program. To here her say in the interviews how she honors pat with the "We back Pat" night is a disgrace. The only back we need to see is the taillights of her car leaving Knoxville on a one way trip. She hasn't a clue how to prepare or coach a team. Bottom of the SEC here we come. Some don't realize the part she played before we knew of Pat's Illness, and we could already see the slide as she slowly took the reigns. I have noticed I don't see a lot of the We Back Holly anymore, it has taken a little longer for some, but I think all realize what is doing to our program. Next year will not be any different because she has shown she can't develop players.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back