'17 OH WR Jaylen Harris (Ohio St. commit)

"talked to WR Jaylen Harris after Azzanni visited with him and his family last night. Harris will take his OV the first weekend of January or the weekend after that. Penn State is a real factor, as is Michigan State and possibly Ohio State. Pitt is in the mix, too."

- Fortenberry

Has moved up on Ohio State's board since they missed out on DPJ to Michigan.

So Jaylen was their backup plan? That's how you recruit him. We have you at the top of our board. You are only a priority to OSU after they missed their top target.

Has moved up on Ohio State's board since they missed out on DPJ to Michigan.

If this is indeed true then we don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of landing this kid...I'm by no means a negavol but it's just true about OH kids that OSU goes hard after

Reactions: 3 people
Per Alex Gleitman's (OSU 247) article from this weekend, it sounds like Harris is simply in a line to get in their class. They have 5-6 spots left, and Harris is not in their top 5-6 guys left on their board. Harris is more like in the top 7-10 range. It really sounds like if OSU gives him OK, he will head there. It all depends on how their top 5-6 guys and where they land before moving forward with Harris.

Here is the article I'm referencing:

Predicting the finish: What could be for Ohio State's 2017 class

Note that in their "realistic" scenario, they have OSU landing Harris.

Jaylen Harris top 5 from 247 Sports & Scout in no particular order:

Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State, UT, & Iowa.

JAYLEN HARRIS, 6-5, 210 pounds

Cleveland Heights High School, University Heights, Ohio

Four stars. Ranked No. 177 overall prospect and No. 28 wide receiver in 247Sports Composite.

Tennessee’s chances: Fair. Harris has discussed returning to Tennessee in late January, and the Vols could have a legitimate chance with longtime favorite Ohio State running out of room in its class.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
IMO, Harris is #2 on our receiver board with Thomas ahead of him and Payton behind him, I think we will take the first one of Thomas or Harris that wants in and if we miss we try to get Payton qualified.

VN Store

Back