Alvin Kamara....1st round pick???

A great game against the 92nd ranked defense in the country and now he's Marshall Faulk.

This is comical.

Once again I don't care about stats or even the caliber of opponent. No college team will ever come close to what an NFL defense will be like. What I look for when evaluating a player is TRANSFERABLE SKILLS. Is what I'm seeing Alvin do in college something I could see him doing in the NFL?

And in that game Alvin showed his full skill-set. And it was reminiscent of Marshall Faulk. The route running and catches he made from the slot receiver position were phenomenal. His first step explosion on those swing passes was amazing. He showed great balance when running.

Stuff like that is what I look for. Not how many yards he gained. That's typically dependent on the ability of the offensive line vis-a-vis the defense. And yes in that game Tennessee played a weak defense. But you also have to consider Tennessee has a weak offensive line. So in many ways it was a fair fight.

And in that fair fight, Alvin showed out.

You so overrate Cam Sutton it's borderline unbelievable. He couldn't cover Vanderbilt 2 star slappies last Saturday night.

He's a middle round guy who has a good chance to make a roster and have a good, long NFL career. There's nothing he's done beyond his sophomore year at Tennessee to suggest he's gonna be a great pro player. After watching him the last two seasons, he has nearly as much value as solely a punt returner as he does as a cornerback.

And stop with the Hurd mess dude. He averaged 3.7 ypc this year behind the same line that AK averaged 5.9 and Kelly 6.7. Hurd just really ain't that good.....and the dirty little secret is that he never really was. He knows it, which is why he wants to change positions.

LOL. The guy is a few months removed from a broken ankle genius. He's no where close to the player he was or will be when he's fully recovered. I can't believe you are attacking Cam Sutton right now after what he sacrificed to come back and play for the orange and white when he had no reason to. Considering the fact he's not back to 100% and the fact he's putting out such bad tape, if he was a more selfish individual he would have just shut it down and prepared for the draft. Instead he's sacrificing his own well-being for his team. You seriously disgust me.

And since you want to disparage Cam Sutton right now, where were you the first 2 weeks of the season when he was fully healthy? He only had one of the best interceptions of the season against App State turning around a game we were losing. And then in week 2 he shut down Isaiah Ford (a WR who will be a 2nd-4th round pick). Ford is Va-Tech's all-time leading receiver and the guy was totally shut down by Cam Sutton.

There is a reason Cam Sutton was a preseason first teal All-SEC selection. A fully healthy Cam Sutton will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL. You can book that.

It's called Google. Type in your name and, well, basically anything and read the fail. It's easy.

Like I said. You got me on ya mind.

You have nearly as many posts on here as I do and I don't know a single thing about you. You simply don't register.

Me on the other hand. I got 5-6 guys with instant recall of anything I ever posted.

Like I said thank you for keeping up with everything I post.

There's no shame for Henry that he is #2 behind DeMarco Murray who happens to be the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL. Nor is it an indicator of his future success in the league. And comparing Karmara to Ezekiel Elliott is just the epitome of wearing orange colored lenses.

Zeke is nice but Kamara is more special. He won't have the benefit of the Dallas offensive line. But Kamara has really showed me something this year.

I seriously believe he can have a Marshall Faulk type impact in the NFL. I could see him having a 1,000 rushing and 1,000 yard receiving season at some point in his career.

You have nearly as many posts on here as I do and I don't know a single thing about you. You simply don't register.

Me on the other hand. I got 5-6 guys with instant recall of anything I ever posted.

You stand out because you're constantly making threads and getting into arguments. It also only takes a seconds to search the entire archives for an exact post by any user.

So, to be clear, your prediction was wrong?

Go ahead and say it. You can even copy and paste: "I was wrong."

Obviously.

Tennessee did not go 15-0 or 14-1 as I predicted.

Why would I need to declare it? Its self-evident.

Contrary to what you believe I don't claim to be always right. I just say what I believe.

We'll see. All I know (and all I really care about) is that Humphrey's college career has been way better than Sutton's.

So have alot of Alabama players throughout the years. Only for them to become busts in the NFL. Or at the very least not live up to their draft day hype.

Alabama had only 1 player on the NFL's Top 100 Players of 2016 list earlier this summer. The same number as Tennessee.

LSU and Georgia led the way for the SEC with 6-7 players each.

Alabama = NFL Bust U

Actually they do. And I could care less about high school or college stats.

I watch the games and evaluate a player based on what I see during the game. Not what the stat sheet says afterwards.

Henry lacked the first step quickness and cutting ability to be successful in the NFL. Taking too long to get going and not being able to change direction on a dime are a death nail for a guy trying to be a great NFL RB.

Henry will never be a star player in the NFL.

So, you're saying numbers DO lie? Hm.. out of curiosity, how so? Because if you are "evaluating" based off what you see, and what you are seeing is a player who is the size of a linebacker with running back speed break every possible rushing record at every level he's played in up to this point in his career, and you don't see any talent..... you have either wandered off too far into your fairy land that you truly are just that out of touch with reality, or you have the same amount of football knowledge as this table I'm eating lunch on right now.

Btw, "you're analysis" of his weaknesses are almost verbatim what NFL.com's Pre-draft Combine page states as his weaknesses. Mere coincidence, I'm sure. They should probably hire you since you know as much, or dare I say more, than everyone else.

True. You just never admit being wrong.

Actually I have. Many times. You just choose to not focus on it.

I have repeatedly said I was wrong about Coleman Thomas. I thought he would be much better this year. I thought he would have developed more strength to withstand those bull rushers up the middle. He hasn't gotten any stronger in pass protection and has regressed as a run blocker.

Outstanding! Even more fail. Did you bother to check the join dates compared to the post count?

And how about that contradiction (God only knows how many you have distributed through here) you finished with? You cite guys with instant recall of your posts but I'm not one of them (I don't even register) and yet you're saying I've got some kind of fascination with your posting. (and all this started as an obvious deflection to post #83)

And again, there's basically no effort required for me, or anyone, to expend any effort in running down your contradictions. For the Dalvin Cook reference for instance it's Google:

"dobbs 4 heisman" "dalvin cook"

The hilarious post I cited is the 1st sub line that pulls up. Easy.

I'm willing to be that list looks a tad different if they did it right now.

We'll see next summer when they make the next version of that annual list.

All I do know is that coming into this year NFL players said only 1 Alabama player (Julio Jones) was among the top 100 players in the league. Same number as Tennessee (Eric Berry). In fact, Peyton Manning also made the list and if he hadn't retired Tennessee would have more players on the top 100 list than might Alabama.

Like I said, with regards to Alabama, being great in college usually doesn't seem to correlate with being great in the NFL.

Actually I have. Many times. You just choose to not focus on it.

I have repeatedly said I was wrong about Coleman Thomas. I thought he would be much better this year. I thought he would have developed more strength to withstand those bull rushers up the middle. He hasn't gotten any stronger in pass protection and has regressed as a run blocker.

Okay, there's one. There are many more to go.

And here's the bigger issue: you crawfish by saying that you're simply expressing what you "believe." But you don't qualify any of your predictions with "I think" or "I feel" or "I believe." Instead you present it like you have expertise and you "know" something is going to happen. Your attitude is why it's so hilarious when you turn out to be wrong. Even Vol fans who otherwise want nothing but the best for UT players love to bust your chops.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't late to anything. I always said Kamara was one of our top 3 players on offense and top 5 player overall on the team. And I have never gone back on anything I said about Hurd. In the right system he can be the best RB in the country. Butch Jones just messed up by putting him in a system he didn't fit while leaving Kamara on the sideline in a system he was made for.

I will admit, however, that Kamara has improved alot in my eyes this year. He changed his body up over the off-season. He's alot leaner and stronger this year. He's even more explosive. Remember last year he was getting caught alot from behind. This year he doesn't lose speed quite as fast as he did last year.

Last year I struggled to find a good comparison for him because was a little pudgy and not finishing his runs. But this year with a leaner or explosive frame, he's looking like Marshall Faulk to me. We'll see how he does in the pros but I'm more confident on his prospects today than anyone else on the team (with Cam Sutton close behind).

So much revisionist BS. You never said two words about Alvin while (erroneously) droning on and touting Hurd as some transcendent talent and the best running back in the country. The "Calvin Jones of running backs", whatever the bloody hell that is. lol.

A lot of us saw what Alvin was very early on and that, in fact, he was the better, more explosive athlete and running back and by far the much better fit in this offense.

So much revisionist BS. You never said two words about Alvin while (erroneously) droning on and touting Hurd as some transcendent talent and the best running back in the country. The "Calvin Jones of running backs", whatever the bloody hell that is. lol.

A lot of us saw what Alvin was very early on and that, in fact, he was the better, more explosive athlete and running back and by far the much better fit in this offense.

I forgot that one :eek:lol:

2. Jalen Hurd = Calvin Johnson of RBs

Like I said, with regards to Alabama, being great in college usually doesn't seem to correlate with being great in the NFL.

Let's put in some context here:

Current Bama players:

2 in the Top 20 in tackles
4 in the Top 20 in interceptions
Ingram is 12th in rushing and 2nd in YPC
Julio Jones is the best receiver in the league and it isn't close
Cooper is 5th in catches and 6th in yards

We can debate what makes one "great", but Bama players are doing just fine in the league.

Okay, there's one. There are many more to go.

And here's the bigger issue: you crawfish by saying that you're simply expressing what you "believe." But you don't qualify any of your predictions with "I think" or "I feel" or "I believe." Instead you present it like you have expertise and you "know" something is going to happen. Your attitude is why it's so hilarious when you turn out to be wrong. Even Vol fans who otherwise want nothing but the best for UT players love to bust your chops.

And do you think I care?

All they're doing is exposing themselves as pathetic individuals if they will root against their own team and players just to be able to say I was wrong.

It actually humors me to see so-called Vols fans stoop to that level.

And do you think I care?

All they're doing is exposing themselves as pathetic individuals if they will root against their own team and players just to be able to say I was wrong.

It actually humors me to see so-called Vols fans stoop to that level.

I'm not rooting against Dobbs...

but it's just funny seeing someone who legitimately thinks he will win the Heisman, be top 5 pick, and a NFL Star...when in reality he'll probably be a mid round pick (unless like you say, the combine does something crazy) and a backup. And that's not a bad thing at all for Dobbs. He's a great player, there are just a level that 99% of players don't reach.

Hope the best for Alvin.

Ball security would be a concern for me at the next level.

Same for Dobbs right? He had a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and the last two seasons among the leaders in fumbles lost. NFL defenses would feast on the current Dobbs.

No. You just went off stats like YPC. And many people (like me) pointed out that last year most of Alvin's production came against weak competition while most of Jalen's production came against our toughest foes. And while Alvin had better YPC againt the weaker competition, once we started playing the likes of Florida and Alabama his YPC plummeted while Hurd's stayed the same.

And I haven't changed my tune on Hurd. If he decides to play RB in the NFL I expect him to be a perennial pro-bowler. The Calvin Johnson of RBs was because he's a jumbo athlete for his position with the speed and athleticism of a small guy.

Kudos to you if you saw Alvin Kamara as a future NFL superstar last year. I didn't. I saw a nice do-it-all back who struggled with long-range speed. And I saw a guy with a body that was a little pudgy. This year he's more cut. He's leaner. He's more explosive. And finally he's gotten more snaps to show what he can do.

Alvin showed me something this year I didn't see last year. And guess what? NFL teams agree with me since his draft stock has soared from where it was last year. Jimmy Hyams reported last year he got a 6th round grade from NFL teams. This year he's looking like a lock to go in the 2nd round. He musta done something this year that was different from last year since his stock has soared.

So kudos to you for seeing something I or the NFL didn't see from Kamara last year.

Same for Dobbs right? He had a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and the last two seasons among the leaders in fumbles lost.

As far as fumbles not so much. He won't be carrying it 15 to 20 times on an NFL team.

Ints would be in play moreso than fumbles.

VN Store

Back