Alvin Kamara....1st round pick???

I never said all those guys would be STARS. I only said they had the ability to get drafted in the 1st round.

You said in August that those players were surefire NFL stars. Yet for some reason I don't see AK? Surely this isn't something you've only come to conclude in the last few weeks? I thought the mighty D4H knew this ages ago?

Just interesting to see how in 3 months you don't have AK in consideration, to a NFL MVP or how you thought Dobbs was a top 5 pick above Barnett.

INSANE.

Except you said this back on 7-10-2016 in the RF...

You are so full of crap it's ridiculous.

What about that post is inconsistent with anything I've said right now?

I still don't think Barnett will be a star. He's right now a first rounder according to the media because they love stats. Once the combine rolls around and the scouts begin prodding there is a chance he falls. He won't fall out of the first round. But there's a chance he goes much lower than the mock drafts have him right now. I could see him falling into the 20s.

In contrast I see Dobbs rising as the combine and pro days come. He'll test well. And he'll interview well. Some team will fall in love with him and he'll go much higher than anyone expects. We see this every year. A couple of years ago EJ Manuel went in the 1st round when nobody had him going higher than the 3rd round. Cleveland picked Cody Kessler last year in the 3rd round when nobody else had him going higher than the 6th or 7th round.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dobbs pulls an EJ Manuel and surprises everyone by going much higher than expected. I could see him sneaking into the 2nd round. Most likely he goes 3rd-4th round like Kippy Brown said a few days ago.

What about that post is inconsistent with anything I've said right now?

Most likely he goes 3rd-4th round like Kippy Brown said a few days ago.

The sad thing is, you have been such a polarizing figure, that fans will actually take pleasure in seeing a great guy like Dobbs fall lower than you think, and naturally come to rub it in your face. The fact that you can't just watch football and appreciate it blows my mind. You always have to flaunt your own so called "expertise". You believe you are better than 99% of the rest of us and all the other "experts". And then you have the audacity to act like it is the craziest thing in the world that people disagree.

Kippy Brown just said Kiffin would be a good fit at UT, so I'm definitely listening to him. He's probably a smart guy...but geez no way.

Kippy Brown on Lane Kiffin: 'Right now, he's probably a good fit' at Tennessee

You said in August that those players were surefire NFL stars. Yet for some reason I don't see AK? Surely this isn't something you've only come to conclude in the last few weeks? I thought the mighty D4H knew this ages ago?

Just interesting to see how in 3 months you don't have AK in consideration, to a NFL MVP or how you thought Dobbs was a top 5 pick above Barnett.

INSANE.

Nope. I only said first round. I've never said Derek Barnett for example would be a star in the NFL. But I did have him on that list of guys I said would be first rounders.

First round pick does NOT equal NFL star.

With regard to Alvin, I wasn't that high on him last year. He was a little pudgy and was getting caught from behind a little to much for my liking. NFL scouts agreed since he didn't get much better than a 6th round grade last year hence the reason he came back.

This season he transformed his body. Became alot leaner and stronger. Ran with more explosiveness. He hasn't been getting caught from behind this year. And he's also had more opportunity with Hurd gone. The game against A&M opened my eyes to just how special he could be. Before that game I didn't know who he compared to. It was during that game I saw the Marshall Faulk in him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dobbs pulls an EJ Manuel and surprises everyone by going much higher than expected. I could see him sneaking into the 2nd round. Most likely he goes 3rd-4th round like Kippy Brown said a few days ago.

But he was a "sure first rounder" in August and just had the best season of his career. What happened?

The game against A&M opened my eyes to just how special he could be. Before that game I didn't know who he compared to. It was during that game I saw the Marshall Faulk in him.

A great game against the 92nd ranked defense in the country and now he's Marshall Faulk.

This is comical.

At worst Kamara goes 2nd round. And he'll be the best pro from this team. He'll be a Marshall Faulk type player in the NFL.

Only other guy on this team with more pro potential than Alvin is possibly Cam Sutton. The guy has Darrelle Revis-esque shutdown corner potential in the NFL.

Dobbs is the wild card. He could be a great starting QB ala Russell Wilson or he could be average like Ryan Tannehill. He's the one with the most margin for error. I think he'll be Russell Wilson.

Hurd if he decides to enter the draft as a RB will be a pro-bowler. He can be prime Eddie George with more explosiveness.

You so overrate Cam Sutton it's borderline unbelievable. He couldn't cover Vanderbilt 2 star slappies last Saturday night.

He's a middle round guy who has a good chance to make a roster and have a good, long NFL career. There's nothing he's done beyond his sophomore year at Tennessee to suggest he's gonna be a great pro player. After watching him the last two seasons, he has nearly as much value as solely a punt returner as he does as a cornerback.

And stop with the Hurd mess dude. He averaged 3.7 ypc this year behind the same line that AK averaged 5.9 and Kelly 6.7. Hurd just really ain't that good.....and the dirty little secret is that he never really was. He knows it, which is why he wants to change positions.

I'd disagree here. I think Cook is overrated. I would rate Kamara as the better NFL prospect (by a wide margin). Kamara has a better build. He's got thicker legs, runs with a wider base, shows better power in breaking tackles. He's also a better pass catcher and shows just as much if not more first step explosiveness.

Cook might be good at the next level. Kamara will be GREAT. I'll take Alvin all day over Cook.

You are hysterical. See this from 9/15

FSU is the more athletic team with more high level NFL players. Dalvin Cook and Derwin James are perenial pro-bowl caliber players in the NFL.

If they met, it would go a lot like Ohio State/Alabama matchup two years ago.

Alabama I believe is overrated this season. Their QB, RB, and OL is weak. Teams with great defensive lines (like Tennessee) will expose that. The defense is still the best and that will keep them in games.

I got Alabama going 10-2 this year and missing out on the playoffs. FSU will win 11-12 games in the regular season and make it to the national title game.

I'm not sure what this post is more full of...contradiction or outright fail.

And just for poops and giggles let's throw this in for someone you guaranteed would be a bust.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...been-nfls-best-rookie/?utm_term=.fd54246fb041

The sad thing is, you have been such a polarizing figure, that fans will actually take pleasure in seeing a great guy like Dobbs fall lower than you think, and naturally come to rub it in your face. The fact that you can't just watch football and appreciate it blows my mind. You always have to flaunt your own so called "expertise". You believe you are better than 99% of the rest of us and all the other "experts". And then you have the audacity to act like it is the craziest thing in the world that people disagree.

Kippy Brown just said Kiffin would be a good fit at UT, so I'm definitely listening to him. He's probably a smart guy...but geez no way.

Kippy Brown on Lane Kiffin: 'Right now, he's probably a good fit' at Tennessee

Grow the eff up. You guys act like such little kids.

I simply say what I believe. I say it straightforward. I don't care how it makes you or anyone else feel. If you're uncomfortable with the way I present my opinions and you are willing to wish ill will on someone like Josh Dobbs just so I can be wrong then that says more about you than it does me.

Then how is it that he's currently successful in the NFL? He's proven to be a very solid relief option for one of the better backs in the league, and in fact he outperformed the starter in the most recent game.

If you want anyone to take you seriously, you need to start with admitting when you're wrong. Owning up to bad predictions actually gives you credibility.

LOL. Successful?

The guy barely gets any playing time. 22 years old is like the prime of a RB. The fact he can't start in the league right now is damning to his future prospects. Most star RBs don't sit on the bench as rookies. Like Ezekiel Elliot they're usually dominant from the start.

Henry will never a star in the NFL like Elliott or Kamara once he gets in the league next year.

If that site is gospel, I'd love to read D4H's take on Cam Sutton, "The Next Darrelle Revis", going at #81 in the 3rd round.

Alot of great players fall to the 3rd round or beyond (see 2/3 of the Legion of Boom).

I project NFL success. I could care less about where Cam gets drafted. All I know is that he will be GREAT in the NFL.

Way better than all those garbage players in Alabama's secondary this year.

Grow the eff up. You guys act like such little kids.

I simply say what I believe. I say it straightforward. I don't care how it makes you or anyone else feel. If you're uncomfortable with the way I present my opinions and you are willing to wish ill will on someone like Josh Dobbs just so I can be wrong then that says more about you than it does me.

You have driven people to rub these things in your face. I applaud your ignorance. Someone with the social comprehension of regular adult would have quit a long time ago.

LOL. Successful?

The guy barely gets any playing time. 22 years old is like the prime of a RB. The fact he can't start in the league right now is damning to his future prospects. Most star RBs don't sit on the bench as rookies. Like Ezekiel Elliot they're usually dominant from the start.

Henry will never a star in the NFL like Elliott or Kamara once he gets in the league next year.

There's no shame for Henry that he is #2 behind DeMarco Murray who happens to be the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL. Nor is it an indicator of his future success in the league. And comparing Karmara to Ezekiel Elliott is just the epitome of wearing orange colored lenses.

Last edited:
LOL. Successful?

No joke though, you nailed the Elliott prediction.

No, what you said was that they are "sure first rounders." There is a massive chasm of difference between "they have the ability to go in the first round" and "they will go in the first round."

More recently you said that UT has 14 guaranteed NFL starters on their current roster (although this was before Hurd left, so I assume that number is now 13). If you actually believe that, you not only know nothing about football, you might be an insane person.

Some of those guys have not developed as I expected. Especially along the offensive and defensive line. I would say the number is now more in the 10-11 range.

Surefire starters (as of 11/30/2016):

QB - Josh Dobbs
RB - Alvin Kamara
RB - Jalen Hurd
WR - Josh Malone
TE - Ethan Wolf
DE - Derek Barnett
DT - Kendall Vickers
DT - Shy Tuttle (if he can ever stay healthy)
LB - Darrin Kirkland Jr.
CB - Cam Sutton
S - Micah Abernathy

Last edited:
But he was a "sure first rounder" in August and just had the best season of his career. What happened?

All my draft projections were predicated on Tennessee winning the national title. Being on a great team gets you that extra hype.

If Dobbs was leading a 12-0 Tennessee right now to Atlanta and had the same exact production, he would be getting talked about as a 1st round pick.

Considering the season went in a direction I never expected, that first round projection has to be modified.

Last edited:
All my draft projections were predicated on Tennessee winning the national title. Being on a great team gets you that extra hype.

If Dobbs was leading a 12-0 Tennessee right now to Atlanta and had the same exact production, he would be getting talked about as a 1st round pick.

Considering the season went in a direction I never expected, that first round projection has to be modified.

So, to be clear, your prediction was wrong?

Go ahead and say it. You can even copy and paste: "I was wrong."

You are so mad. And it's hilarious.

I guarantee you Cam Sutton is better in the NFL than anybody in your secondary.

Only guy I think becomes a decent starter is Marlon Humphrey BTW. And Cam is superior to him.

Cam Sutton will be an All-Pro corner in the NFL. I'm as sure of his NFL greatness as I was of Ezekiel Elliott. He's my lead pipe lock in the 2017 draft for best career. Along with Myles Garrett.

WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

At least one mock draft has him going late in the 1st round.

It personally wouldn't surprise me. If we finish strong and he gets back to his Texas A&M form I could see him going in the 1st round of the 2017 draft.

I've been saying he's Marshall Faulk 2.0 and he'll absolutely dominate on the next level.

One of the many things that's made me question Butch jones iq since he's been here. Kamara was obviously a better overall rb than Hurd. That much was obvious to almond everyone. But then to consider that Hurd was a disaster running out of the read option...its just dumbfounding that Butch couldn't make this observation. Pathetic.
It's ine of his worst attributes. He's so bad at identifying strengths and weaknesses of players and choosing the right player based on scheme
Another example...he left dobbs sitting on the bench and let Worley run the read option. For 2 freaking years

VN Store

Back