Alvin Kamara....1st round pick???

You really get on my nerves with your constant ramblings. But, you have some valid points in that rant. No doubt.

His biggest sin so far, judging from the result of the Vandy game and feedback from fans, was accepting the Head Coaching position at the University of Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

At least one mock draft has him going late in the 1st round.

It personally wouldn't surprise me. If we finish strong and he gets back to his Texas A&M form I could see him going in the 1st round of the 2017 draft.

I've been saying he's Marshall Faulk 2.0 and he'll absolutely dominate on the next level.
Just check out what round the Heisman and NC winning RB went at in the previous draft. Alvin is not considered the best RB in the SEC this season by most and he goes in the 1st round??? Is this somebody that wants to be his agent or something and trying to pr spin the kid out of school? He's a 3rd or 4th round guy this year, were he to stay IMO his draft stock improves significantly AND he runs behind an experienced OL.

3rd or 4th rd.. Barnett goes 1st round.

At worst Kamara goes 2nd round. And he'll be the best pro from this team. He'll be a Marshall Faulk type player in the NFL.

Only other guy on this team with more pro potential than Alvin is possibly Cam Sutton. The guy has Darrelle Revis-esque shutdown corner potential in the NFL.

Dobbs is the wild card. He could be a great starting QB ala Russell Wilson or he could be average like Ryan Tannehill. He's the one with the most margin for error. I think he'll be Russell Wilson.

Hurd if he decides to enter the draft as a RB will be a pro-bowler. He can be prime Eddie George with more explosiveness.

cant blame the player but blame the coaching for not letting kamara be the feature back..he would be the best back in the country..the scouts no that...he will be a second round pick..it would be nice for him to stay though..but got a unproven qb next year that's why I think MALONE leaving too..if I was Malone im leaving he finish the season real strong he don't have anything to prove..

Just check out what round the Heisman and NC winning RB went at in the previous draft. Alvin is not considered the best RB in the SEC this season by most and he goes in the 1st round??? Is this somebody that wants to be his agent or something and trying to pr spin the kid out of school? He's a 3rd or 4th round guy this year, were he to stay IMO his draft stock improves significantly AND he runs behind an experienced OL.

Henry was just a bad prospect. Doesn't matter what stats he put up in college his style wasnt gonna translate to the NFL and that is why he went in the 2nd round.

There is no question about whether Alvin's skills will translate to the next level. Kid is made for today's NFL with his pass catching ability, explosiveness to the edge, and ability to run strong between the tackles.

Alvin Kamara is Marshall Faulk all over again.

Someone will wise up and take him late in the first round. I hope its New England. He would be a future NFL MVP on that team.

just because he is not maybe rated the best back in the sec don't mean he aint a 1st or 2nd round pick..everybody journey is different..scouts look at skill sets and needs..kamara is 1st round talent..the combine will tell it all...

just because he is not maybe rated the best back in the sec don't mean he aint a 1st or 2nd round pick..everybody journey is different..scouts look at skill sets and needs..kamara is 1st round talent..the combine will tell it all...

Just run the numbers, if he's not the best in the SEC, extrapolate that out to where he stands nationally. He's a 3rd or 4th round pick at BEST this year. The NFL has been marginalizing the RB position the past few years and RBs do not get the big bucks and prestige they once did. RBs and their skills are almost a dime a dozen these days. QBs, pass rushers, WRs, DBs with mad skills are all getting the money and top draft positions these days. Barnett is the best player team 120 has and is a certain 1st round pick.

Kamara has a very good NFL skill set, with his speed, quickness and pass-catching ability--and he's stronger than I realized. He's broken a lot of tackles this year--some weak tackles, to be sure--but in any case his stock surely has gone up. He's a talented guy who will go fairly high in the draft, IMO.

As for Dobbs, I think his combine performance will affect his draft position greatly--or his pro day if he chooses not to attend the combine. Which would be better for him? He's a guy that will get the benefit of the doubt from some teams because of his intelligence and maturity--if he shows that he can make all the throws, and make them accurately.

Not only are you late to the Alvin Kamara party D4H, you completely missed it.

All you did before the season was argue with people who said Kamara needed more touches and a much bigger role in the offense the last two seasons.

All you did was cling to Hurd's jock and proclaim him the best rb in the country, the first rb taken ahead of Fournette in the draft and the "Calvin Johnson of running backs".

Oh no brother, don't come in here with all your self-proclaimed genius like you were on Kamara all along. You're a Hurd guy, 100%. Stick to your guns dude.

Reactions: 5 people
Kamara will kill it at the combine and should be no worse than a 2nd round pick.

For Jones' offense I always thought Kamara was a better fit than Hurd.

Reactions: 1 person
WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

At least one mock draft has him going late in the 1st round.

It personally wouldn't surprise me. If we finish strong and he gets back to his Texas A&M form I could see him going in the 1st round of the 2017 draft.
I've been saying he's Marshall Faulk 2.0 and he'll absolutely dominate on the next level.

4th round.. similar to dave Maggett or Kevin's faulk... ultiilty player.. long career

Reactions: 1 person
Just run the numbers, if he's not the best in the SEC, extrapolate that out to where he stands nationally. He's a 3rd or 4th round pick at BEST this year. The NFL has been marginalizing the RB position the past few years and RBs do not get the big bucks and prestige they once did. RBs and their skills are almost a dime a dozen these days. QBs, pass rushers, WRs, DBs with mad skills are all getting the money and top draft positions these days. Barnett is the best player team 120 has and is a certain 1st round pick.

fournette and cook are the best backs in the country after that name one that's better than kamara ...I agree with barnett that kid a monster top 15 pick..

Pumphrey from SDSU. Kid hasn't received a ton of attention because he plays at a mid-major, but NFL scouts have seen him.

You've got to be kidding me. Have you even seen the kid play?

He's like 180 lbs soaking wet. Has twigs for legs. There's a good chance he doesn't even get drafted. The kid is not an NFL RB. If he played in the NFL, he would get snapped in half.

Not only are you late to the Alvin Kamara party D4H, you completely missed it.

All you did before the season was argue with people who said Kamara needed more touches and a much bigger role in the offense the last two seasons.

All you did was cling to Hurd's jock and proclaim him the best rb in the country, the first rb taken ahead of Fournette in the draft and the "Calvin Johnson of running backs".

Oh no brother, don't come in here with all your self-proclaimed genius like you were on Kamara all along. You're a Hurd guy, 100%. Stick to your guns dude.

I wasn't late to anything. I always said Kamara was one of our top 3 players on offense and top 5 player overall on the team. And I have never gone back on anything I said about Hurd. In the right system he can be the best RB in the country. Butch Jones just messed up by putting him in a system he didn't fit while leaving Kamara on the sideline in a system he was made for.

I will admit, however, that Kamara has improved alot in my eyes this year. He changed his body up over the off-season. He's alot leaner and stronger this year. He's even more explosive. Remember last year he was getting caught alot from behind. This year he doesn't lose speed quite as fast as he did last year.

Last year I struggled to find a good comparison for him because was a little pudgy and not finishing his runs. But this year with a leaner or explosive frame, he's looking like Marshall Faulk to me. We'll see how he does in the pros but I'm more confident on his prospects today than anyone else on the team (with Cam Sutton close behind).

You've got to be kidding me. Have you even seen the kid play?

He's like 180 lbs soaking wet. Has twigs for legs. There's a good chance he doesn't even get drafted. The kid is not an NFL RB. If he played in the NFL, he would get snapped in half.

He's built just like Darren Sproles.

Alvin should try to get into the end zone with our show boating. Ive seen him do what Hurd did in Athens several times this year(like at Vandy) but luckily got away with it. Its irritating to see.

VN Store

Back