-Kirkland (barring any new setbacks)
-Wiesman
-Robertson

Still out for USC:

-KMack
-Sutton
-JRM
-Sapp

If we can get back the 5 guys at the top AND Sutton for pass happy teams like Mizzou, I'll feel very good about going 10-2.

Reactions: 2 people
Thought Butch gave a fairly honest assessment in his presser. Was less coach speak and more real. Injuries clearly affect the team but the next man in needs to be accountable along with the coaches to put them in successful positions.

One could also conclude that the O Line injuries impacted the game plan based on his comments

Reactions: 3 people
Good bets for returning to action for USC:

-McDowell
-Foreman
-Wiesman
-Robertson

Still out for USC:

-KMack
-Sutton
-JRM
-Sapp

If we can get back the 5 guys at the top AND Sutton for pass happy teams like Mizzou, I'll feel very good about going 10-2.

We are going 10-2 and I am guessing it's pretty easy. I see one of the 4 giving us somewhat of a scare but everyone freaking out about the bottom half of the East because our backups just got beat up by a two deep of 5*'s are idiotic.

PS not talking about you Aesius

We are going 10-2 and I am guessing it's pretty easy. I see one of the 4 giving us somewhat of a scare but everyone freaking out about the bottom half of the East because our backups just got beat up by a two deep of 5*'s are idiotic.

PS not talking about you Aesius

Correct. The best team left on the schedule is arguably Vandy, but they all are TRASH

According to ESPN FPI,

Florida
Projected Record 7.7-3.2
Win out % 0.4
SOS 7

UT
9.4-3.2

Last edited:
Give me an undefeated finish, trip to ATL, and a nice bowl win, and I'll be very happy for what it is, but disappointed for what it could have been

You know, I find myself wanting to be disappointed with what could have been, but I just can't. Especially if we do as you say and win out with a nice bowl win, SECCG withstanding.

This team has been very fun to watch. Exciting even. Frustrating, yeah, but exciting.

Only teams like Bama and OSU don't need a little good fortune to get to the playoffs and win. We started off that way and I thought, maybe...but last week seemed to slam that door.

Again, it would have been a dream to get there, and I suppose there is still a remote chance, but I've had fun watching them play this year.

Reactions: 1 person
We need some serious discussion about how this staff is going to close the talent gap. I know that discussion will lead to a critique of the 2017 class star rating and that will probably ruffle some feathers in this forum but we need to have the discussion. Hopefully some of you recruiting gurus can help the rest of us see the silver lining

And if we don't have this "discussion"...what then? 2017 class gets cancelled? Start over cause "we have no talent"? I'm confident the staff wants to coach the best talent possible...we're not needed. Discuss. :)

Reactions: 5 people
I too am using the bye week to sign of VN until game week. Y'all rednecks don't get too violent, have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Go Big 🍊! See y'all next week...

If winning begets good recruiting then it seems like this should be Butch's best class yet. There has to be a plan. Do we need better recruiters? Is there something wrong with the facilities? Are we expecting to flip some guys before nsd? Do we have some legitimate sleepers committed?

Right now the focus is injuries and not having talented depth to compensate. Another question is whether we have players to replace what we're losing without suffering a dip in 1st string talent. Are this year's second and third strings supposed to be next year's starters?

Honestly, I think we do have talented depth. When you lose four starters on the OL, what can you do? We had to burn a redshirt. We have lost our top 3 LB. How much depth can we expect to have there? I am not trying to make excuses. It was not only the injuries yesterday, or Alabama's superior talent. I agree with most others that the game plan was lacking. Some are saying we had a lack of effort, but I did not really see it. I am concerned about almost all of our remaining games because of the injuries. We should win them all, but we have to have good game plans and we have to execute those to win.

Reactions: 2 people
According to ESPN FPI,

Florida
Projected Record 8-4
Win out % 0.4
SOS 7

UT
9-3

The FPI game scores are interesting. According to the statistics it uses, we've played only two good games this season: vs VT (91 score) and vs UF (81 score), and one average game vs UGA (73).

App State, Ohio, A&M, and Alabama were all very poor games according to the FPI with an average score of 49.75.

Also, our average game score right now through week 7 is 63. Last season it was 72 through 7 games and 75 for the season. I think it's safe to say that even when healthy, this team is not playing up to its potential.

The top 10 games of Butch's tenure here according to the FPI game score:

1. South Carolina 2013: 92
2. Virginia Tech 2016: 91
3. Bowling Green 2015: 89
4. Missouri 2015: 89
5. Iowa 2014: 87
6. Northwestern 2015: 86
7. Kentucky 2015: 85
8. Georgia 2014: 84
9. South Carolina 2014: 82
10. Kentucky 2014: 82

I thought Elliot Berry played decent. He had a couple of TFLs. He bit inside on both of Hurts long runs, but was actually moved into a misalignment by Jumper on the first one. He had 6 solo tackles (9 total) and 2 TFL.

I don't think we beat Bama even fully healthy yesterday. Might have been 28-17 or something, but they outclassed us at basically every position.

A&M game may end up being the difference between Citrus and Sugar Bowls.

So 5 stars important or nah?

Let us discuss.

The FPI game scores are interesting. According to the statistics it uses, we've played only two good games this season: vs VT (91 score) and vs UF (81 score), and one average game vs UGA (73).

App State, Ohio, A&M, and Alabama were all very poor games according to the FPI with an average score of 49.75.

Also, our average game score right now through week 7 is 63. Last season it was 72 through 7 games and 75 for the season. I think it's safe to say that even when healthy, this team is not playing up to its potential.

The top 10 games of Butch's tenure here according to the FPI game score:

1. South Carolina 2013: 92
2. Virginia Tech 2016: 91
3. Bowling Green 2015: 89
4. Missouri 2015: 89
5. Iowa 2014: 87
6. Northwestern 2015: 86
7. Kentucky 2015: 85
8. Georgia 2014: 84
9. South Carolina 2014: 82
10. Kentucky 2014: 82

Didn't need to see FPI to determine that but interesting.

10-2 and one play away from the best possible record for this team and our fans are pissed. Lol did y'all actually expect yesterday to go well???

Im not mad, I'm just disappointed. I wish we would of tried. Players and especially coaches. Everyone knew we were out matched and they coached scared to lose. Should of heaved up prayers 20 times.

So 5 stars important or nah?

Let us discuss.

We can beat everyone on our schedule with our current level of recruiting, but we won't be able to beat Bama unless we have a generational talent at QB, IMO.

We can't match them 5* for 5* unless we start landing top 3 classes for the next 4 years. We also don't develop players the same way they do.

That said, how many teams can beat Bama? Ohio State, Michigan, and....? I'm not even sure those teams can do it this year.

Quincy Wilson claiming the midseason SEC East championship on Twitter. Even the Gators are living vicariously through Bama these days. Sad.

we are good enough to compete for the east with our roster, all of the sec except bama actually. top 3 east teams every year are florida, us, and georgia and bama woodshedded all 3 of them dating back to last years georgia game. we need beef all accross the front 7, the o line, and a difference maker at qb to win the sec.

Quincy Wilson claiming the midseason SEC East championship on Twitter. Even the Gators are living vicariously through Bama these days. Sad.

Good.

The team needs something like that and Bama making a mockery of them on social media to stay focused the rest of the season.

Good bets for returning to action for USC:

-McDowell
-Foreman
-Wiesman
-Robertson

Still out for USC:

-KMack
-Sutton
-JRM
-Sapp

What was Kmack's injury? I know he went out holding his shoulder, but I thought he played after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back