So what was it like inside BMS?

It was more fun than sex.

But seriously imagine the best game you've been to and multiply it by 3.5. I'm still pumped from it.

Reactions: 7 people
Do some of you all complain just because you enjoy complaining. What kind of security do you want checking you at the gate. Complain the check you. Complain they don't. Damn people. If someone carried a gun or pipe bomb in there and used it you would be complaining the other way. Next time will have suggestion box beside the gate so you security experts can tell us how to do it.

Not complaing that there was security but the lack of personal and equipment to get people through security. At my gate they only had 7 metal detectors. I've been through airport security checkpoints that have more for less traffic.

Seriously screw these people claiming that it was an awful time.

If you're not into drunk people, just ignore them, don't try to start fights then complain about it.

You set a world record tonight, and you can't even look at the bright side that TN scored 24 unanswered after being down 14-nil and ended up kicking some Hokie ass.

There are idiot fans at every game, that argument doesn't hold water for me. Also, I didn't see any fights, but sh!t, if I did it'd be entertaining as fug, I live for that crap.

Also, it only took me 30 min to get into the gate before the game. Just cut the line, baby! I thought this was America? Security was real, had to remove stuff from pockets and go through a body scanner. Just telling myself to act sober the whole time like I was 16 and stoned at a traffic light next to a cop again or something. Hilarious. They have scanners at Neyland, brah? Security was tight.

We left mid way through the 4th, walked back to our lot (red barn lot SW of the stadium) and drove back to my parents place in Knoxville in 2 hours.

This was the biggest game in the history of the sport. Stop using Volnation like you use YELP and showing your age. THE BIGGEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.

In 20 years if you remember this game as some nightmare fighting frenzy with no security you're either over 60 or have serious issues. Time of my life. GBO. This one was for Harambe, baby!!

Can't wait til we do it again and Butch gets on the mic midfield and gives me a "FINALLY BUTCH HAS COME BACK.......to bristol..." (Sheer pandemonium ensues)

Stoned at a traffic light... Brah.... Harambe..... What, are you 18???

Not really setting yourself up as someone to take seriously, let alone someone to have a respectable opinion.

Reactions: 10 people
The bad: they very rarely showed replays on the big screen. It took forever to get through the gates, but that was mainly due to our crazy bad a@s fans that made up the Vol walk. We all were trying to get into 2 gates and that takes time...

The good: everything else!!! Our fans never disappoint!!! They show up and give their all. My view was better than expected and our band's performance at halftime was really great. I will never forget the experience!! Blessed, go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
We had an amazing experience. Drove over from Jonesborough around 1:30 pm and had no traffic issues at all. Parked in the Red Barn lot. We hung out in the Fan Zone most of the afternoon. Free pizza, free water, and we found seats under a tent in front of a fan near a charging station. Score!

We went in the stadium right as the Vol Walk was starting, and there were no lines to get in. Our seats were in the Battlefield, so we had complete access to the track. We took a ton of photos on the high banks, beside the parked race cars, etc. The concessions on the track were adequate, and the restrooms in tractor trailer like things were actually really nice.

We were literally a foot from the band and cheerleaders as they walked in, so we got tons of great photos.

The view from our Battlefield seats was really good. We could watch the action on the field and on screen. The seats were very padded and comfortable.

We were surrounded by super nice UT vans, and we all had a terrific time. After the game, stayed in the stadium to watch the trophy presentation. Then we meandered back to the car. Pulled out of the parking lot around 1:15 and we were back in Jonesborough going to bed at 3:15. Not too terrible.

It was an amazing experience, and we were thrilled to be part of it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: 10 people
Some of the Tech fans are butthole, bad when they were up 14, worse when they were losing. Walking back from getting hotdogs, and a drunken VT frat guy trying to tell me to leave, that this is his SECTION. Not sure my old butt and my brother could have taken the 3 of them, but we made it back to our seats after a few choice words.

Security awful, idiots were in charge of the big screen. Showed the crowd more than the game. Had so many games and give-aways, I felt I was at a minor league baseball park.

My seats were directly inside gate 15, but had me going in gate 13. No cattle grates, so huge mess trying to get in. Cars driving through the crowd everywhere.

Poorly run event by Bristol Speedway. Glad we won.

Sounds like you had a great time

Have you guys reporting negative experiences ever been to a race there?
I would expect with this being the first time something like this was attempted there would be a lot of miscues.

I have been going to the Bristol races for years, including when it was always sell outs for the fall race.

Leaving the parking lot was awful. I took my time getting back to my car trust me. I stayed in the stands through the waltz, ceremony and everything. Got to my car about 12:30 am. I moved all of 20 feet in an hour and a half. No cars ahead of me were moving either. I'd probably be still sitting in traffic to leave if it wasn't for a fellow Vol coming by and telling me they opened the pedestrian bridge and we could drive around the outside of the track to get out.I drove right out that way no problem.

I was parked in All-American.

Last edited:
As a kid I went to many games. I now live in the west coast and we pick one game each year to attend in person. I must say that I have never seen anything like BMS last night...it was simply incredible. My two sons and I will never forget it.

We went in the stadium about 2 hours before kickoff through gate 8 and there was no line through security. I heard it got crazy later. But that is normal for a major venue. We went to a game at the Rose Bowl a few years ago and security lines were over an hour there too.

The National Anthem gave me chills. The flags and 'USA' signs in the crowd were awesome. Lee Greenwood at halftime was fantastic...one of my favorite songs as a kid. Fireworks throughout both ceremonies were great.

Traffic afterwards was tough but we parked a long way from the stadium pointing in the direction we had to leave and so we got out pretty easily. Everyone knew traffic would be bad so that was not a surprise.

Anyhow, we loved the experience and are sooooo glad we made the investment to come. That place was absolutely massive...really incredible. 2nd quarter was some of the most fun in a long time.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: 6 people
But we parked one mile away. We are already back on pigeon forge at the cabin. Enjoy!

Always a great plan; we never park near BMS, and we have never had trouble getting out even during the sellout days of racing. Walk for half an hour and you're back on the interstate minutes later.

Great tailgating with live bands. Lot of "celebrating" pre- game. Seats in the front and back stretch actually had very good sight lines. If your were in the turn seats likely not so much. Great spectacle with the pre-game, half time shows. It had a bowl game atmosphere. I was worried about getting out, but traffic was well handled. Great night, particularly after the first quarter. BMS should be proud of what they put together. It was a very impressive showcase.

Yes have been to several races within last 15 years when NASCAR was really strong. BMS handled this so bad it wasn't even a comparison. Would never go to another game there took us 1.75 hours to get through security at our gate.

It took us three hours to get in and waited over an hour to get food. Yet some gates reported getting right in. We were at gate 13 and it was a total nightmare. I will never go to a football game at this place!

Reactions: 2 people
I just went through and appreciate EVERYONE who found the positives of what was, frankly in my mind, a TOP 3-4 Tennessee Football experience EVER! And that included 45 years of various Neyland Classics, bowl games, and The National Championship. WHAT an EVENT! And EVERYONE I encountered from BMS was FANTASTIC! Considering what I was attending (a GIANT "Collosas" Venue that was NEVER MEANT to host a field sport game)...it was an AMAZING experience!

But then...NOT living in Tennessee for the last 30 years...ANYTIME I can be with my VolNation @ an EVENT...I have F-U-N!!!

Thanks for ALL that made this such a special experience. And I can't believe that out of ~157K people...that 70 miles North @ 3:30am I'm in a Waffle House with one of the guys that was sitting behind me (helping me holler @ the Tennessee ***** O-Line!) the entire game. VolNation is SPECIAL!

Reactions: 3 people
It took us three hours to get in and waited over an hour to get food. Yet some gates reported getting right in. We were at gate 13 and it was a total nightmare. I will never go to a football game at this place!

I saw the gate 13 line. 2 of my party went in gate 8 and my 2 went in gate 5. We both waited 1.5 to 1.75 hrs. The game part was great but logistics left a lot to be desired.

I did not understand those leaving early. We planned a post game tailgate due to traffic concerns and allowed an hour or so for the crowd to thin. We drove out fairly easily and routed through Bristol rather than directly to the interstate via Blountville without any congestion. Others were right about national anthem and Lee Greenwood halftime - gave me chills. BMS did an amazing job for this.

I paid too much for tickets, dealt with the traffic quagmire before and after, sweat profusely during pre-game, became very impatient and annoyed at the security bottleneck getting inside, barely made it to our seats in time for the national anthem, felt disdain toward some ignorant/unruly VT fans in front of us......

BUT I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

It was neither a great game or a good venue for football, but the jaw-dropping spectacle of the patriotic pre-game performance created a spine-tingling sensory experience like nothing ever before.

Our seats were on about the 5-yard line in the Gordon Terrace (TN side of field). Colossus was bigger than expected and was awesome.

Reactions: 4 people
Have you guys reporting negative experiences ever been to a race there?
I would expect with this being the first time something like this was attempted there would be a lot of miscues.

I took a cooler into the race. Didn't depend on the concession stands.

A
We went in the stadium about 2 hours before kickoff through gate 8 and there was no line through security. I heard it got crazy later. But that is normal for a major venue. We went to a game at the Rose Bowl a few years ago and security lines were over an hour there too.

The reason it got crazy, IMO, is that the Vol Walk occurred around 6:00 - then you had all those fans trying to get in and seated in around 2 hours.

VN Store

Back