So what was it like inside BMS?

armchair

Who was at the game, and what kind of experience was it? Good seats, bad seats, Noise level, etc., etc. TV viewers want to know!

Who was at the game, and what kind of experience was it? Good seats, bad seats, Noise level, etc., etc. TV viewers want to know!

I work at VT. Sat in Pearson in heart of VT section with a bunch of coworkers. The 1st quarter was hell on those of us in orange sitting on that side. The next run of 45-3 changed the mood veeeeeery quickly. Most fans around me thought the fix was in and the refs were pulling for UT. The refs don't fumble the balls 5 times.

Reactions: 19 people
Thx. How was the actual game viewing experience?

Seats weren't really that bad at all. Had to watch the big screen when they were at other end zone but that's how a lot of stadiums are. Colossus did have a couple of fits here and there with sound and video glitching, but it all went smooth. The vol walk was a sight to behold. I will post pics of it tomorrow

Reactions: 8 people
I've been going to UT games for 35 years, season ticket holder, 11 SEC stadiums, various other away games, bowl games, sec chanpionships, etc and I will say tonight was one of the coolest environments ever. We sat in waltrip section E row 2 and were in a 50/50 section of UT vs VT fans. Everyone got along but had their fan spirit going strong. Every fan cheered, no sitting on your hands for this one, no one telling you to sit down either. We had a blast! View was actually better than I thought and it definitely got loud at times! Rocky Top echoed in that place, gave me cold chills at times. Our family of 4 loved the entire experience from the camping, concert, tailgating and especially the game!!

Reactions: 25 people
Speakers were to freaking loud. The camera people were retarded. Playing stupid crap over the bands. Watching VT fans leave and us winning was awesome. 10/10 would go again.

Reactions: 13 people
Just got back to knoxville. Gotta say, this was one of the worst experiences I've had in a long time. Getting past security, showing up and hour and a half before kickoff, I didn't get into the stadium until the game had already started. At that point couldn't find my seat, just sat in an orange section. Left at halftime, feeling confident the vols could finish. Had parked in a guy's yard, but he allowed me to be triple blocked in. Was somehow able to inch the car out.

Other than that, it was great hanging out at my friend's RV drinking and enjoying the gameday atmosphere. It did feel special.

Good Win, but still need to figure things out on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: 3 people
This was by far one of the worst executed events I have ever attended. We waited outside in the heat for over three hours to get in with thousands of people on top of each other with no security personnel anywhere that I saw. My husband almost got in a fight with a drunk Tennessee fan who tried to cut line going in the gate. We waited in line for over an hour to get food and I almost got in a fight with some drunk Tennessee sorority girls - one of them was mouthing at my daughter. Too much alcohol, no security to be found - I never saw one security personnel. It was a miserable experience. As a matter of fact, I am still sitting in the parking lot waiting to get out. Glad the Vols won, but this will do me for while. I'll be watching from home.

Reactions: 6 people
Had great seats and it was a good atmosphere. My brother and his family went to a game for the fitst time. Everyone around us agreed Neyland is a better place and louder.

We were on 2nd row on about the 10 yard line and the views were decent. Jumbotron was truly colossus. Noise was hard to gauge but did not seem overly loud. The post game experience was like a NC. Confetti, fireworks, trophy presentation, and more Confetti. Awesome atmosphere was awesome.

As far as the experience itself it was pretty amazing. The seats at least where I was in the end zone weren't very good and I was on row 5. The way they did security and getting people in was terrible they had more than enough time to figure that stuff out and it was a train wreck. Getting out was no issue for me I'm from the area and had a good plan so that was no issue. All in all I'm glad to have gotten to experience it, but I don't think I want to attend any more football games at BMS.

Reactions: 1 person
Horrendous view from the end zone in Darrell waltrip. Moved to Yarbrough to meet my fam in the 3rd and the view was much better, but still average compared to a regular Neyland seat. It was definitely a different feel being a neutral game I guess. Not very loud at all. The tailgating and different attractions are what made it I think. It was a great time, but if I were a hokie fan I think I might not be so positive.

As far as the experience itself it was pretty amazing. The seats at least where I was in the end zone weren't very good and I was on row 5. The way they did security and getting people in was terrible they had more than enough time to figure that stuff out and it was a train wreck. Getting out was no issue for me I'm from the area and had a good plan so that was no issue. All in all I'm glad to have gotten to experience it, but I don't think I want to attend any more football games at BMS.

Trainwreck is an understatement - I almost lost my religion!

I had a great time.

My seats were better than I thought they would be. About on par with sitting toward the back of the lower bowl in Neyland. I could see the action on the field pretty clearly from the 50 to VT end zone but found myself watching Colossus more often than not.

It did take a good 45min to get through the gates but we made it with plenty of time before kick-off.

The stadium looked about 2/3 TN. Even the VT side had huge chunks of orange in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 44
So funny people were talking crap about not being able to see well. Biggest game in history, I'm glad none of those idiots were there, I had fun without them. Could see fine.

Biggest game in history.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
View was good. Sound quality fine. Small funnels to get people into seats. Brawls and fights everywhere. It was sad near the Junior Johnson section.

VN Store

Back