Recruiting Forum Off-Topic Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on your posts on matters of religion, I get the impression that you have a general disdain for religion and those who believe. If I am wrong, then I apologize. I don't believe I am the only one who thinks this. Last post on the subject.

No need to apologize.

I've got no disdain for religion or the religious. It's a great help for a lot of people. A lot of good comes from most religions and I'd never want to take that from anybody. Don't mistake my differences in beliefs for disdain.

I do, however, have a problem with people who loudly beat their chests about their religion while acting hypocritically and/or being overly judgmental of others.

Also, I don't really think anything is off limits to poke fun at. So I get how that could rub some people the wrong way when it comes to religion, especially when paired with my former point.

As for Tony, pretty much everybody here is in agreement that he's a troll. And he's just using Christianity as a part of his shtick. I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more religious people here upset about that. His disingenuousness is a greater mockery of Christianity than anything I've said or done on here.

Religion is nonsense--comforting nonsense for those who believe, and just nonsense to those who don't. People can't deal with their mortality--that's mostly what religion is about. Religious crazies do a lot to destabilize the world--crazy Muslims, crazy Jews, crazy christians. The problem with christians in America is that they've chosen to get political and to try and incorporate their nonsense into public policy. They tried lamely to get creationism taught in public schools--even making up some laughably bogus theory ("intelligent design") in an effort to make creationism quasi scientific. Thankfully, the courts don't buy it. Christians say that they don't want to push their (silly) views on the public--but of course they do: that is what they are all about. Look at the missionaries---let us help you savages, and in return we will jam our religion down your throats. They want to start public and private meetings with prayers--as if everybody is ok with that. That is proselytizing. I could go on....as I say, a lot of nonsense.

Reactions: 1 person
Religion is nonsense--comforting nonsense for those who believe, and just nonsense to those who don't. People can't deal with their mortality--that's mostly what religion is about. Religious crazies do a lot to destabilize the world--crazy Muslims, crazy Jews, crazy christians. The problem with christians in America is that they've chosen to get political and to try and incorporate their nonsense into public policy. They tried lamely to get creationism taught in public schools--even making up some laughably bogus theory ("intelligent design") in an effort to make creationism quasi scientific. Thankfully, the courts don't buy it. Christians say that they don't want to push their (silly) views on the public--but of course they do: that is what they are all about. Look at the missionaries---let us help you savages, and in return we will jam our religion down your throats. They want to start public and private meetings with prayers--as if everybody is ok with that. That is proselytizing. I could go on....as I say, a lot of nonsense.

I am curious how teaching intelligent design is a laughably bogus theory while teaching that we evolved from monkeys isn't? There are some out there that use religion as a means to an end but most Christians do not shove anything down anyone's throats. Christians, for the most part, prefer to spread our religion through showing the love and kindness of our Savior to others. We preach service and sacrifice to the needy. Jesus calls us to give and care for widows, orphans, and those in need. He teaches us to love others as we love ourselves and to turn the other cheek. If this makes me a crazy delusional nonsensical person then I'll wear that mantel proudly. If you choose not to participate in religion, that is of course completely up to you. God gives us free will because He does not want our love and worship to be forced. He wants us to come to him but he will not force it. I have personally witnessed to many personal blessings and choose to see God in the design of our world to not believe in Him. I would appreciate it if you would tone down on your condemnation of religious folks on this message board. Nobody is in here giving sermons. If someone makes a religious post then you have the ability to skip it. If you do choose to respond, I'm sure everyone would appreciate a more measured response in the future.

Reactions: 9 people
As for Tony, pretty much everybody here is in agreement that he's a troll. And he's just using Christianity as a part of his shtick. I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more religious people here upset about that. His disingenuousness is a greater mockery of Christianity than anything I've said or done on here.

Troll? Are you kidding me? I'm not being disingenious to anybody here buddy. Making religious people upset? Are you really being serious dude?

I'm not even gonna fool with posting back to you anymore as long as you keep saying stupid & crazy crap like this. There's just no need in it.

I'll avoid you as long as you keep on trying to keep things between us like this. I'm trying to get along with you but I can only do so much buddy. Thanks!

Yay religion debates! The one thing that has killed more people than anything on the planet!

I'm not in a religion debate. He won't let it go. I'm trying real hard to make peace with the guy but all he does is want to say bad things about me & try to turn other VN members against me. That's ok though. I'm a big boy & can take it. :)

I am curious how teaching intelligent design is a laughably bogus theory while teaching that we evolved from monkeys isn't? There are some out there that use religion as a means to an end but most Christians do not shove anything down anyone's throats. Christians, for the most part, prefer to spread our religion through showing the love and kindness of our Savior to others. We preach service and sacrifice to the needy. Jesus calls us to give and care for widows, orphans, and those in need. He teaches us to love others as we love ourselves and to turn the other cheek. If this makes me a crazy delusional nonsensical person then I'll wear that mantel proudly. If you choose not to participate in religion, that is of course completely up to you. God gives us free will because He does not want our love and worship to be forced. He wants us to come to him but he will not force it. I have personally witnessed to many personal blessings and choose to see God in the design of our world to not believe in Him. I would appreciate it if you would tone down on your condemnation of religious folks on this message board. Nobody is in here giving sermons. If someone makes a religious post then you have the ability to skip it. If you do choose to respond, I'm sure everyone would appreciate a more measured response in the future.

Thanks. Nicely put

Reactions: 2 people

Awesome post glich but you need to tell this to Darth Shiveman too. He won't leave alone what has happened with us in this thread. Keeps on bringing up me talking about religion when I do not.

He's trying to turn VN members against me but that's ok. I can handle it because I'm a man & not a boy. Very nice post again from you though. That's 2 for you today including the 2017 stats recruit thread. Thanks buddy! :good!:

More positive stuff from Leb. He is a troll who gets clicks to hit or is not a UT fan at all. No one could be this negative on coaches and team. It is ridiculous at this time that he is allowed and not banned unless it is for clicks.

Awesome post glich but you need to tell this to Darth Shiveman too. He won't leave alone what has happened with us in this thread. Keeps on bringing up me talking about religion when I do not.

He's trying to turn VN members against me but that's ok. I can handle it because I'm a man & not a boy. Thanks buddy! :good!:
Dude let it go please. Remember the meek shall inherit the earth

He's trying to turn VN members against me but that's ok. I can handle it because I'm a man & not a boy. Very nice post again from you though. That's 2 for you today including the 2017 stats recruit thread. Thanks buddy! :good!:

You bring up your faith a lot. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. You don't demand anyone believe like you do but you bring it up when you don't need to. Darth should ease up but you can be yourself without making others feel you are judging them. It's a matter of personal perspective. Let's get back to talking Vols and making threads. Live for God and show others your faith through your ability to forgive and let go. I struggle with that from time to time myself. A message board post is probably not going to change hearts. You have to be selective with where you bring your religion into football talk.

Reactions: 4 people
You bring up your faith a lot. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. You don't demand anyone believe like you do but you bring it up when you don't need to. Darth should ease up but you can be yourself without making others feel you are judging them. It's a matter of personal perspective. Let's get back to talking Vols and making threads. Live for God and show others your faith through your ability to forgive and let go. I struggle with that from time to time myself. A message board post is probably not going to change hearts. You have to be selective with where you bring your religion into football talk.

I disagree with part of your post but like you said I'm supposed to forgive & move one. That's what I'm trying to do but he keeps trolling me waiting for me to post so he can attack me like a dog does a bone.

If you had paid attention to one of his post towards me he even was trying to tell VN posters to turn against me or be upset at me. What have I done to deserve this type treatment? I feel like nothing.

I'm going to forgive & forget this & move on. Can he though is the question? I know I can because I've had to forgive an awful lot of VN members over stuff they've said to me.

You can give your opinion or whatever to me but don't personally attack me or any of my family members. That's out of bounds. Like I've told him, I will not push my faith or religion on any one single person on these message boards but I also don't stand for members poking fun at my faith either. That does get to me.

I'm supposed to be slow to anger though coming from my boss & caretaker here on this Earth. I try to act in that manner in all cases but some things people say I'm not going to let them run over me glich. That's just not me! Thanks buddy!

I disagree with part of your post but like you said I'm supposed to forgive & move one. That's what I'm trying to do but he keeps trolling me waiting for me to post so he can attack me like a dog does a bone.

If you had paid attention to one of his post towards me he even was trying to tell VN posters to turn against me or be upset at me. What have I done to deserve this type treatment? I feel like nothing.

I'm going to forgive & forget this & move on. Can he though is the question? I know I can because I've had to forgive an awful lot of VN members over stuff they've said to me.

You can give your opinion or whatever to me but don't personally attack me or any of my family members. That's out of bounds. Like I've told him, I will not push my faith or religion on any one single person on these message boards but I also don't stand for members poking fun at my faith either. That does get to me.

I'm supposed to be slow to anger though coming from my boss & caretaker here on this Earth. I try to act in that manner in all cases but some things people say I'm not going to let them run over me glich. That's just not me! Thanks buddy!

If I could offer you one piece of advice is that you take this stuff way too seriously.

If I could offer you one piece of advice is that you take this stuff way too seriously.

Me taking stuff way too seriously? I'm really one of the easiest guys you would ever get to know. I'm not taking this stuff too seriously. I don't set back & let anybody attack me personally & especially poke fun or down my faith/religion.

What upsets me most about Darth Shiveman posts is that he's using my faith/religion to try & turn VN members against me or make them upset at me. That's just wrong! I would never do that to anybody. There's nothing wrong with having fun on VN but there's a stopping line as well.

Me taking stuff way too seriously? I'm really one of the easiest guys you would ever get to know. I'm not taking this stuff too seriously. I don't set back & let anybody attack me personally & especially poke fun or down my faith/religion.

What upsets me most about Darth Shiveman posts is that he's using my faith/religion to try & turn VN members against me or make them upset at me. That's just wrong! I would never do that to anybody. There's nothing wrong with having fun on VN but there's a stopping line as well.

Ok

I'm guessing you tossed me from McGees a time or two that fall. I bet I drank 1000 McGees pale ales that fall. Good times.

Brother, those pale ales rresulted in my academic probation and yes many an arse to kick out of the place. If u really partied back then please tell me u hit Campus Pub. My claim to fame was dancing with Ace Clement in there one night. Mike and Willys was also live, I partied with D Goodrich and Fred White the night D Good went shopping with his agent and had just bought that new Mercedes droptop. Oh yes i rode in it. Crashed on his couch and lost my keys in his couch which was shipped to Dallas a few days later bc he had just been drafted by the 'Boys. Cost me $100 for a key to raggedy No Limit Clement dorm room lock. Lol. The lacrosse and rugby parties were the best and the around the world parties at college park! Man sorry to post OT but this all came back like a flashback in Nam. Great times

Yeah nothing good ever comes of starting a religious discussion in this manner. Condescension like this just hardens people against opening their minds to new ideas or conflicting viewpoints (whatever the topic of discussion may be).

Last edited:
I am curious how teaching intelligent design is a laughably bogus theory while teaching that we evolved from monkeys isn't?

I think you made some good points in the rest of your post, many of which I agree with (in spirit, if not in religious belief).

But I just wanted to point out that that isn't how evolution is taught or what is currently accepted by the scientific community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back