Recruiting Forum Off-Topic Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for the government, everyone would go nuts if there were a matching 401k plan, lol.

I believe Technicians (Full Time National Guard Soldiers working for their states) receive a small matching contribution. Active Duty Soldiers do not receive it but Technicians are on the GS/WG scales and I do believe they do. (I hope I don't stir up a huge poopnado!)

Reactions: 1 person
Kinda goes against the concept of your major. Catch 22 would render me paralyzed.

Most of mine is paid by my GI Bill. I have to come out of pocket a little bit. I look at it as an investment in my future.

Don't you CrunchyLeb me!

This is what I pictured when I read that post! :eek:lol::eek:lol:
don-t-put-that-evil-on-me-o.gif

I paid on student loans for 15 years, if you can get it on the cheap, more power to you sir.

I am very anti-debt. IWU is a Christian University so I also appreciate learning about how my faith and future career interlock. I have learned a lot.

I appreciate all the info you bring 91. . . But you didn't try to say it would be a battle or that a good season would help us. You said he's going to Georgia, and you sold it as fact rather than opinion. That's why you got jumped on.

Was going to point that out. But I would've been "jumped on" for bullying. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards going with the Roth since I'm not planning on touching it till retirement. I was wondering if it would compound faster if I rolled it into another 401k, but then that's just more taxes to pay later. So, it seems like the better idea would be to take the tax hit now, start a Roth, and start putting funds into that.

Based on your plans, 100% agree. Hope it works well for you.

Tithing is a prerequisite to faith/financial planning studies. :)

Proud of you. I pray your future career is blessed.

Agree on the tithing and thank you for the kind words. Are you in the financial planning field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back