'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

they are from other states and just happen to live here. not many of them are life long UT fans

What? Stevens and Rodgers? Who else? Most are not from other states and do favor the Vols. We will get the instate talent that we want, for the most part.

It is good that he is not announcing on his birthday as he planned. Time is on our side and really all the other schools as well except for GA.

I think we are going to have to get used to more instate talent leaving. simply because there is more of it. Even teams in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California have to recruit outside their state and dont always bring in the top guys.

Obviously, even with the improvements we aren't anywhere close to being able to put together a whole class on just in state players like those listed above, but we are getting closer. We have guys in various top 100s that are only the 5th best player in the state. that largely didn't happen in the past. We still need to be to the point where we can pick and choose our players from TN but with the better talent we are having to fight off bigger schools than we did in the past for more and more guys.

Wearing a UGA sweater at the 5 star challenge.
Top 3 is Georgia, Auburn/Clemson interchangeable.

He gone is well deserved here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGY9rCa0zQ

Was really hoping it was going to look like this when I clicked that link:

thumb.aspx

Reactions: 2 people
It's time to delete this thread. This guy is not coming to Tennessee. I for one have seen and heard enough of his clowning. Someone zonk this thread and let's hear no more about this guy.

Reactions: 2 people
It's time to delete this thread. This guy is not coming to Tennessee. I for one have seen and heard enough of his clowning. Someone zonk this thread and let's hear no more about this guy.

I tend to agree with you; however, the exact same thing was asked to be done with Drew Richmond's thread. As a matter of fact, I remember a few posters had to take his thread off ignore. I would say our chances are about 0.1%, but I would never count this staff fully out on a recruit that they really want.

I tend to agree with you; however, the exact same thing was asked to be done with Drew Richmond's thread. As a matter of fact, I remember a few posters had to take his thread off ignore. I would say our chances are about 0.1%, but I would never count this staff fully out on a recruit that they really want.

But Richmond showed a lot of interest though where as Stevens has not

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, he isn't giving Tennessee a chance. Nothing the staff can do about this one. We will spank UGA's butt in October and let him see what a mistake he's making.

Reactions: 3 people
"Vols still playing catch up here with UGA, LSU, Clemson full factors. Interesting that Stevens is not making a decision in July. He doesn't not have a commitment date set yet.

He will be back at Tennessee in the coming weeks and will make return trips to Clemson, and may be at UGA on Sunday."

- Hubbs

Reactions: 1 person
He's playing us like Hardman did when we was recruiting him.

Actually, he isn't playing us. He hasn't expressed any interest at all. Not even much of a tease. I will give him credit for at least playing it straight with us but I don't understand why he isn't giving us more of a look. We are headed in the right direction, the same can't be said for other teams he is looking at such as Auburn.

VN Store

Back