Top 10: Bold Predictions For 2016 Newcomers

He is a the top dt qb on the composite rankings which take all the site into consideration. We have recruited some talented qbs. He and Crompton are the highest rated qbs signees since Peyton. Are you saying that isn't true? The numbers are available. JG was 200 spots higher than Dormady who was not even a top 15 qb. And yes I think JG wil start over QD. Its an opinion.

Signee and RECRUITED are two different things...correct? And since you brought up Crompton, who was better? Him or Casey Clausen? Him or Erik Ainge? Him or Dobbs?...I could keep going. That loud sound you hear? It's your point exploding over open water. :fireworks:

Reactions: 2 people
Can you not see my point that some players come here with other more talented players at the same position and never amount to a much? That is all my opinion is, I only think he should transfer because i think he is a talented player who may never get the true shot at the position he wants. The kid has an arm, I question his decision making but other than that I believe he can be a good player. I just don't believe that he will get the shot here. Its not about me wanting him to transfer, i just think it may be what is best for the kid. Don't take things so personal (I take it personal as well sometimes when people say I hate Dormady, that just isn't the case), sorry it wasn't meant in poor form. But I will hold my opinion because that is what I believe.:)

Can you not see that sometimes we don't know who is more talented IMMEDIATELY? I'm sure the other linebackers coming in with Dan Brooks and Chris Donald, should have just given up and transferred. Prolly good thing Patrick Willis was mercifully not recruited...spare 3 star and all. It's not always as cut and dry as you purport. :thud:

This!! Granted Dormady is a solid skilled player but his talent level is what it is. He played for his father in high school for crying out loud. If you don't think his father promoted his strengths and did what he could do to hide his limitations then you are ignoring why he was ranked as he was coming out of high school. Dormady were he asked to run the offense last year or this one IMO has been coached not to make the big mistake and I can live with that. But from all indications Sheiron is more talented and brings something closer to Dobbs on the field than does Dormady. But is Dormady the long term future at QB for the Vols? No IMO there are 2 kids in SJ and JG that are better suited for this offense than he is.

So you are saying Butch just took the father's assurances that QD is a good QB without doing his own evaluation of QD?

Reactions: 1 person
So you are saying Butch just took the father's assurances that QD is a good QB without doing his own evaluation of QD?

They have their narrative and interpretation of Butch's offense...they've never been able to explain why Butch recruits QBs that don't suit HIS offense. :blink:

This!! Granted Dormady is a solid skilled player but his talent level is what it is. He played for his father in high school for crying out loud. If you don't think his father promoted his strengths and did what he could do to hide his limitations then you are ignoring why he was ranked as he was coming out of high school. Dormady were he asked to run the offense last year or this one IMO has been coached not to make the big mistake and I can live with that. But from all indications Sheiron is more talented and brings something closer to Dobbs on the field than does Dormady. But is Dormady the long term future at QB for the Vols? No IMO there are 2 kids in SJ and JG that are better suited for this offense than he is.

Never mind that AL offered him on the spot after a camp. I do believe that Kiffen may know a little about QB's (maybe a little more than you and D4H). Also, Crompton, Booty, and Stewart, were all rated as high or close to Peyton. Let the coaches figure it out, that's why they make 7 figures and you and I don't.

Marquill Osborne
‏@gotfootball3

I've worked too hard to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down. 🔶🔸🔸

Freshman All-American

Never mind that AL offered him on the spot after a camp. I do believe that Kiffen may know a little about QB's (maybe a little more than you and D4H). Also, Crompton, Booty, and Stewart, were all rated as high or close to Peyton. Let the coaches figure it out, that's why they make 7 figures and you and I don't.

Then what are we all suppose to talk about?:)

When is the last time AL had a great QB? They tend to lean toward the game manager type...

Reactions: 2 people
Wasn't McCarron a 5 star? Assuming that's the criteria for your question. The guy was clutch for them every time they needed him to be, unfortunately.

I am just saying he wasn't a great QB everyone will remember in 20 years. AL doesn't recruit those kinds of QBs they want someone who can hand off and hit a play action pass and that is about it. AJ McCarron was a good QB but not a superstar by any means.

I am just saying he wasn't a great QB everyone will remember in 20 years. AL doesn't recruit those kinds of QBs they want someone who can hand off and hit a play action pass and that is about it. AJ McCarron was a good QB but not a superstar by any means.

Why would Alabama not want to recruit a 5* QB? We have some. Also some 4* recruits as well. It is still difficult to see the next Joe Namath. But we're looking and so is everyone else.

Bama has recruited 5* or borderline 5* QBs in 2 of the last 3 classes. Just because they haven't had a stud gunslinger at QB lately doesn't mean they don't want one.

Bama has recruited 5* or borderline 5* QBs in 2 of the last 3 classes. Just because they haven't had a stud gunslinger at QB lately doesn't mean they don't want one.

My evaluation is that they tend to miss on the 4* and 5*s they get, they have not been good at evaluations IMO. That is why i didn't think it was significant that they offered Dormady. JMHO. this is in reference to my original post about it.

Why would Alabama not want to recruit a 5* QB? We have some. Also some 4* recruits as well. It is still difficult to see the next Joe Namath. But we're looking and so is everyone else.

I didn't say that they wouldn't want to or that they don't recruit them, I am saying that they haven't landed one yet that has been great. They haven't been good at the evaluations or they aren't developing the talnet they have a QB, I assume Kiffen will change that id he gets a good one, Say what you want he can coach QBs look ad Simms. Simms went from almost being benched to being a sufficient QB got AL.

Bama currently has 2 5-star and 2 4-star qbs on their roster.

Also, with all due respect, McCarron, Sims and Coker, their last 3 starting qbs, each made a ton of big, clutch plays during their respective times as the Tide's starter. I think it's a misnomer that Bama's offense is just 5 yards, a cloud of dust and a game manager at QB that tries not to get in the way.

I didn't say that they wouldn't want to or that they don't recruit them, I am saying that they haven't landed one yet that has been great. They haven't been good at the evaluations or they aren't developing the talnet they have a QB, I assume Kiffen will change that id he gets a good one, Say what you want he can coach QBs look ad Simms. Simms went from almost being benched to being a sufficient QB got AL.

Go check Sims' stats and QB rating as the starter at Bama. He was well beyond "sufficient". He had the 7th highest QB rating in the country.

Last edited:
Im glad you guys calmed down and shook hands. The children on here were scared.

Jk around in case someone isn't fluent in bluefontishness

Go check Sims' stats and QB rating as the starter at Bama. He was well beyond "sufficient". He had the 7th highest QB rating in the country.

Sims was about to be benched after like the 2nd game that year then, Coker came in a wasn't very good. I was trying to say that Sims became a good QB under Kiffen. But lets be honest, He still wasn't a "Great" QB. No one will remember him in 20 years even at AL.

VN Store

Back