Recruiting forum off topic thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why they are in those bad neighborhoods is due to years of slavery, injustice, and inequality by them.

Some are in there for those reasons but there are some that are just bad people who want to be seen as slighted. They want to blame others for all their problems when with hard work they could be a Ben Carson, Condeeeza Rice or Martin Luther King Jr. They could also just be successful as fathers, mothers and true leaders of a neighborhood. They are just too lazy to put in the work.

Reactions: 3 people
Some are in there for those reasons but there are some that are just bad people who want to be seen as slighted. They want to blame others for all their problems when with hard work they could be a Ben Carson, Condeeeza Rice or Martin Luther King Jr. They could also just be successful as fathers, mothers and true leaders of a neighborhood. They are just too lazy to put in the work.
They also oppress themselves with social stigmas and teaching failure. Once you've stamped the ideal of "the system will keep you down" is the moment you've failed as a parent and a leader. The Ben Carsons of the world aren't considered black. They are accused of being a puppet of the system of white men. Jason whitlock is someone who has been accused of that by Shaun Queen just recently. They punish success and guilt trip into repping the block.

They aren't poor because of slavery and inequality otherwise there wouldn't be poor white people. Its a lazy excuse and doesn't address the real problem.

The "you've never experience racism" ploy is old too. As a white male, I experienced it when applying for scholarships, jobs, etc. I am also blamed for slavery when, not only I, but my family has never owned one. I am grouped with those people because of the color of my skin. Gee, that sounds familiar.

Mlk himself warned about this turn of racism. But some of these "protestors" are too damn stupid to recognize the hypocrisy. Racism is unacceptable in every way. Its silly and sophomoric. It will also always exist as will all prejudice against difference.

We need to hit the real problems which is a culture problem. Thats by opinion in a nutshell I could expand but Peyton Utvols88 just woke up from his nap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
They also oppress themselves with social stigmas and teaching failure. Once you've stamped the ideal of "the system will keep you down" is the moment you've failed as a parent and a leader. The Ben Carsons of the world aren't considered black. They are accused of being a puppet of the system of white men. Jason whitlock is someone who has been accused of that by Shaun Queen just recently. They punish success and guilt trip into repping the block.

They aren't poor because of slavery and inequality otherwise there wouldn't be poor white people. Its a lazy excuse and doesn't address the real problem.

The "you've never experience racism" ploy is old too. As a white male, I experienced it when applying for scholarships, jobs, etc. I am also blamed for slavery when, not only I, but my family has never owned one. I am grouped with those people because of the color of my skin. Gee, that sounds familiar.

Mlk himself warned about this turn of racism. But some of these "protestors" are too damn stupid to recognize the hypocrisy. Racism is unacceptable in every way. Its silly and sophomoric. It will also always exist as will all prejudice against difference.

We need to hit the real problems which is a culture problem. Thats by opinion in a nutshell I could expand but Peyton Utvols88 just woke up from his nap.

I do think there are some that are still going through the effects of slavery that have been passed from generation to generation until now. The major issues with those that are poor monetarily are the lack of fathers staying with their children and properly raising them. Most inner city children are at a disadvantage because of the fact that they have no one but gangbangers to show them how to be a man/woman. When you have a strong individual leading them and saying I refuse to allow you to become like the others in his neighborhood, that child has a better chance at success.

Racism still occurs at an alarming rate imo but there are some that claim it for everything and those people should be called out for it.

Reactions: 1 person

So in reference to they you mean black people? There goes that hidden racism, instead of referring ppl as Black or African American, you hide behind the word they or the ones to hide who you're referencing.

And with your other points, I could go all day in talking about how many white people, some still living, are the main reasons why those same people are in the situation they are in. You try to rationalize what's going on now with the past 50 years rather than looking over almost 300 year span of events.

You are too focused on "well, I did it, they should be able to do it". And sir, that's just not how it works.

So in reference to they you mean black people? There goes that hidden racism, instead of referring ppl as Black or African American, you hide behind the word they or the ones to hide who you're referencing.

And with your other points, I could go all day in talking about how many white people, some still living, are the main reasons why those same people are in the situation they are in. You try to rationalize what's going on now with the past 50 years rather than looking over almost 300 year span of events.

You are too focused on "well, I did it, they should be able to do it". And sir, that's just not how it works.

It most certainly is how it works. You just have to understand it takes hard work to be successful from a poor family. Has nothing to do with slavery or discrimination. I've seen too many successful African American poor kids be successful based off of correct guidance and parenting. You want to call people out for racism? How about you not having faith in their intelligence. The only poor white people narrative is more racist than any opinion from itsme

Reactions: 2 people
The idiots in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore most recently. They didn't charge out to the fairly white middle class suburbs but rather burned their local mostly black/latino neighborhoods.

So you think burning the store, who are more times out of ten not owned by ppl in that community, hurts them?

Get real, those establishments are there to profit off of the community and not necessarily to be a part of the community. You didn't see them burning down residential homes did you?

And how do you know that the people that burned the buildings down were a part of the protests. You can fit everything to fit your point.

Last edited:
It most certainly is how it works. You just have to understand it takes hard work to be successful from a poor family. Has nothing to do with slavery or discrimination. I've seen too many successful African American poor kids be successful based off of correct guidance and parenting. You want to call people out for racism? How about you not having faith in their intelligence. The only poor white people narrative is more racist than any opinion from itsme

You are right, several make it out; however that is self will and a low percentage makes it out.

The point is that a disproportionate amount of Blacks have to start in a position of being poor and behind of that of whites due to injustice, segregation, and slavery. Add inequality and low paying jobs and horrible education, your equation will ultimately lead to staying in a state of poverty. Whites have had an advantage for hundreds of years and there has never been an equal playing field.

I agree with Catbone on this. I said to my wife yesterday I bet he gets shot, and it will be a sad sad thing! It's sad what society and media has done, the left, the right, black, white, all the bs that has been intensified lately!
I for one, blame the current admin and the current potus. Flame away, I have thick skin.

As for the gun sales, I agree with that as well. I fear were on verge of a civil war. I have a pretty good selection and stockpile of ammo, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

Who are "the ones"?

People that loot, rape, and pillage their own neighborhoods over some perceived social injustice. Anyone white, black, Hispanic, or Asian that fits that mold. Read the newspaper, I'm sure there are examples that fit that criteria.

So you think burning the store, who are more times out of ten not owned by ppl in that community, hurts them?

Get real, those establishments are there to profit off of the community and not necessarily to be a part of the community. You didn't see them burning down residential homes did you?

And how do you know that the people that burned the buildings down were a part of the protests. You can fit everything to fit your point.

They didn't burn them down till they got all the good stuff out.

EZ,

Thanks for keeping civil. It's obvious this is a real point of conviction for you. So while I don't necessarily agree with some of your points, I'm not gonna argue or push you on those. I don't want to upset you or others. That would not be fruitful and probably not result in a good God-glorifying situation

But to just continue further down the road of discussion from the points you're making....if things aren't getting better for the black community, then why do they continue to vote the exact same way, the exact same policies, the exact same party election after election?

I believe Stephen A Smith himself said something about how the black community should start voting republican just to show the democrats they can't just take their vote for granted.

Anyways, just some thoughts/questions.

May God bless you on this awesome Lord's Day!

You are right, several make it out; however that is self will and a low percentage makes it out.

The point is that a disproportionate amount of Blacks have to start in a position of being poor and behind of that of whites due to injustice, segregation, and slavery. Add inequality and low paying jobs and horrible education, your equation will ultimately lead to staying in a state of poverty. Whites have had an advantage for hundreds of years and there has never been an equal playing field.

The ones who make it out, go against the social grain in their community. The point in time the black community looks in the mirror for all these current day oppressions is the day they find more success as a whole. Its not accurate to say it's because of slavery and discrimination. People of all color are poor. People of all color are able to get out of that mess with hard work. The difference is they arent pointing to out of date situations to validate their financial situation nor are they pressuring others to not be successful to be accepted in the culture they grew up in. Which can hurt any normal human being to the core. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back