Northwestern and what they are saying about the Vols

Yeah, pretty childish to go into their house and act like an ass.

Remember in September when a dozen or so Oklahoma trolls flooded into VolNation? And how we didn't think much of their childish idiocy? Luckily, they mostly left after 48-72 hours, and (mostly) decent Oklahoma fans remained with whom we had some pretty good conversations.

Why on earth would we want to be the same kinds of jackasses to others?

One thing I learned over on their site today: they have a LOT less members of their board than we do on ours. So a dozen folks showing up, contributing two, three posts each in rapid succession, has gotta seem overwhelming and hostile to them.

*shrug* I just agree with Voldrum. When you walk into someone else's house, you take the time to figure out how things work there, and find a way to fit in without being rude or disruptive. Clearly, a handful of Vols fans didn't do that today. It's no surprise they're firing back. Bad on the Vols who went over guns blazing, not the NU guys for responding.

Poor JP, that ass hole Gladeskat needs to show you more respect. You're the only classy one on there and he's being a complete prostrate to you calling you an idiot in the most disrespectful way possible.

Their rivals site has me fired up for their ass beating on New Year's Day.

Reactions: 1 person
Poor JP, that ass hole Gladeskat needs to show you more respect. You're the only classy one on there and he's being a complete prostrate to you calling you an idiot in the most disrespectful way possible.

Their rivals site has me fired up for their ass beating on New Year's Day.

Heh, I'm not worried about one recent graduate with a fixation on geography :)

But yeah, the attitude of a handful of them has me excited about getting to the New Year so we can light this one off. :good!:

lived there 3 years, and watch you said about casual fans is a fact, atleast most fans I meet had grad degrees from Northwestern, so their allegiance was primarily at their undergrad school

This is correct. Received my BA and BS from UT, MBA from Kellogg. My blood runneth Orange with 1% diluted purple.

Yeah, pretty childish to go into their house and act like an ass.

Remember in September when a dozen or so Oklahoma trolls flooded into VolNation? And how we didn't think much of their childish idiocy? Luckily, they mostly left after 48-72 hours, and (mostly) decent Oklahoma fans remained with whom we had some pretty good conversations.

Why on earth would we want to be the same kinds of jackasses to others?

One thing I learned over on their site today: they have a LOT less members of their board than we do on ours. So a dozen folks showing up, contributing two, three posts each in rapid succession, has gotta seem overwhelming and hostile to them.

*shrug* I just agree with Voldrum. When you walk into someone else's house, you take the time to figure out how things work there, and find a way to fit in without being rude or disruptive. Clearly, a handful of Vols fans didn't do that today. It's no surprise they're firing back. Bad on the Vols who went over guns blazing, not the NU guys for responding.

How many VN posters are over there giving them crap?

1) you don't know
2) your self-righteous BS is falling on deaf ears.

If they had any balls, they would come to my house and talk about my mama's cooking to her face instead of hiding at their house and talking shiite about something they actually know very little about. You guys are wimps.

Reactions: 8 people
How many VN posters are over there giving them crap?

1) you don't know
2) your self-righteous BS is falling on deaf ears.

If they had any balls, they would come to my house and talk about my mama's cooking to her face instead of hiding at their house and talking shiite about something they actually know very little about. You guys are wimps.

So you still live wtih your mama? Makes sense, actually.

It's not called "self-righteous BS" ... it's called "being polite in someone else's house." I'm gonna give your mama all the benefit of the doubt and assume she is embarrassed that you don't know that.

Reactions: 11 people
It's contentious on the message board. Some are talking smack about the team's performance. Saw a few posters busting on the weak schedule (at least part of the season). The quarterback seems especially maligned. I felt badly when they started dogging the coach and questioning his acumen. I suspect today there will be rumor and innuendo about current coaches and players going to other programs.

I think I'll visit the NU board later this week and see what's discussed on their site.

Reactions: 7 people
I don't have any issue whatsoever with a fan not attending a particular school. However, I don't have a great deal of patience for those that consume high-profile college athletics in the same way they do professional athletics.

Yes, I understand that there's a ton of money changing hands, and I absolutely appreciate the pressure to win, etc. But, at the end of the day, despite how corrupted it has become in my lifetime, it remains an intercollegiate sports team, and the players remain student athletes.

In my experience, alumni are far more likely to appreciate this. They see the university as more than a home for the program, and aren't particularly interested in on-the-field success if it costs too much off-the-field embarrassment to the university.

There is a large portion of the non-alum fan base that feels the same. And, of course, some alumni who do not.

But, some fans would compromise the integrity of the university in anyway to achieve success on the field. The Vandys and Northwestern fan bases have very few of these types. So, I think that they unfairly see all non-alum fans in this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Yeah but the players are union thugs. No matter. They are gonna want to go on strike after the game for being abused anyway. ;)

Reactions: 2 people
Probably quite the opposite. Their ignorance will get to them and they will complain about losing to a 4-loss team.

Agree. They have plenty of Vandy I them....we'll get nothing but excuses and insults after the beatdown.

The most idiotic thing was that they said special teams could decide it in their favor...

Do they not know who we are? Tennessee will special teams them into the ground.

What did you do with Wylo?? J/k, no seriously that's the first good words that I have ever heard you say about our program.

GO VOLS!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Since they are from Chicago, are we worried that their players will be packing?
Only thugs have guns in Chicago given the tight gun laws there. In Tennessee, we all have guns...good guys and bad guys, and we know how to use them. Robbers know that in TN anybody they might rob or carjack could very well have a gun (or 2 or 10) of their own.

I suspect a re-do of the Iowa-slayer bowl. Spoken-strongly before the kickoff, but calling for the coach to be fired by the 2nd quarter of the game.

The big if word, but IF Dobbs is on we roll 38-17 if he is of we still win 20- 17 the only way we go down is if we turn the ball over we are to big and fast for North Western.

The big if word, but IF Dobbs is on we roll 38-17 if he is of we still win 20- 17 the only way we go down is if we turn the ball over we are to big and fast for North Western.

Just watched their game against Michigan, and they looked like hot garbage. Watching their game against Stanford and Stanford looked like hot garbage. I'm yet to see anything from NU that makes me scared. UT can definitely lose this game, just as Stanford lost to them. But it would be the same way Stanford lost to them--by playing flat, uninspired football that creates adversity for the good guys and needless opportunities for the bad.

Just watched their game against Michigan, and they looked like hot garbage. Watching their game against Stanford and Stanford looked like hot garbage. I'm yet to see anything from NU that makes me scared. UT can definitely lose this game, just as Stanford lost to them. But it would be the same way Stanford lost to them--by playing flat, uninspired football that creates adversity for the good guys and needless opportunities for the bad.

And... Jones could forget that Dobbs has learned how to throw downfield a little or that Hurd and Kamara are playmakers. <sarcasm>

I don't think McCaffrey was hurt.... yet he only got 12 carries. He avg'd 24.5 carries for the season. It seems to have taken them until USC to figure out that their offense should run through McCaffrey and not Hogan.

VN Store

Back