Northwestern and what they are saying about the Vols

carlos86

Been trying to find Northwestern message boards but it looks like they aren't into it like we are. But here's what I found. Northwestern really wanted to play Florida. They saw them as much better match up because of Florida's lack of QB play.

First Northwestern is 114th in total offense and 11th in total defense. Imagine Mizzou but slower.

"For those who don't know, Northwestern is 10-2 and beat Stanford. Love the exposure of New Year's, hate the matchup"

Your Picks or Vegas Picks?

"No way NU is a toss-up against TN on a neutral field, might be as wide as -8 or more for TN. I’m terrified of a TN game."

They fear Dobbs:

"I would rank UT over Ole Miss as the most difficult matchup. the UT QB Dobbs is an excellent runner and a decent passer. That type of QB usually gives NU problems. UT gagged away 2 games where they looked like the better team (Ok and Fla)."

TN is Nightmare Scenario

"Playing Tennessee would be a very unlucky matchup for us. Very talented team on a roll but with the 8-4 record nothing to gain by beating them. If we win, well, we just beat an 8-4 team, so what. If we lose, it fuels the "typical Big Ten" casual college football fan narrative."

Most think if they keep it a low scoring game and get Dobbs to turn the ball over they will be able to win

"That Tennessee offense ranking isn’t all that awesome, so playing them may not be that bad. Keep it a low-scoring game and let turnovers or special teams decide the game NU 20 Tennessee 17."

Reactions: 23 people
Been trying to find Northwestern message boards but it looks like they aren't into it like we are. But here's what I found. Northwestern really wanted to play Florida. They saw them as much better match up because of Florida's lack of QB play.

First Northwestern is 114th in total offense and 11th in total defense. Imagine Mizzou but slower.

"For those who don't know, Northwestern is 10-2 and beat Stanford. Love the exposure of New Year's, hate the matchup"

"No way NU is a toss-up against TN on a neutral field, might be as wide as -8 or more for TN. I’m terrified of a TN game."

They fear Dobbs:

"I would rank UT over Ole Miss as the most difficult matchup. the UT QB Dobbs is an excellent runner and a decent passer. That type of QB usually gives NU problems. UT gagged away 2 games where they looked like the better team (Ok and Fla)."

TN is Nightmare Scenario

"Playing Tennessee would be a very unlucky matchup for us. Very talented team on a roll but with the 8-4 record nothing to gain by beating them. If we win, well, we just beat an 8-4 team, so what. If we lose, it fuels the "typical Big Ten" casual college football fan narrative."

Most think if they keep it a low scoring game and get Dobbs to turn the ball over they will be able to win

"That Tennessee offense ranking isn’t all that awesome, so playing them may not be that bad. Keep it a low-scoring game and let turnovers or special teams decide the game NU 20 Tennessee 17."

If they think special teams is likely to favor them; they obviously don't know much about our special teams.

Reactions: 65 people
The most idiotic thing was that they said special teams could decide it in their favor...

Do they not know who we are? Tennessee will special teams them into the ground.

Reactions: 19 people
The most idiotic thing was that they said special teams could decide it in their favor...

Do they not know who we are? Tennessee will special teams them into the ground.

Wylo sounds like a sunshine pumper!! Go Vols! Beat NW

Reactions: 11 people
I live up here so we have to beat them. Most people from the Chicago area either aren't into college sports or are Notre Dame fans. Northwestern's fanbase is a relatively new thing as they weren't that good until Fitz took over. Last time we played them was in the Citrus Bowl in the 90s if I recall.

Either way, we gun' whoop dey azz.

Reactions: 3 people

They fear Dobbs:

TN is Nightmare Scenario

If we lose 20-17, it's because we were up 17-0 at the half.

Sorry, it had to be done.

Reactions: 65 people
I don't understand why people think so negatively about fans never attending the college they're fans of. It's a childish jest that takes no consideration of real life events such as said college not having the major or just being too expensive. It irks me when people use it.

Reactions: 18 people
I don't understand why people think so negatively about fans never attending the college they're fans of. It's a childish jest that takes no consideration of real life events such as said college not having the major or just being too expensive. It irks me when people use it.

He sounds like a Vandy fan.

Reactions: 30 people

And our APR has been about as good as anyone's in the country the last couple of years...

He means how good our interest rates are on our trucks, bass boats, and mobile homes right?

Reactions: 1 person

Also, the Vandy-esque vibes I am getting from that thread makes me think he was a Vandy fan during the 2012-2013 seasons. Pathetic.

Reactions: 3 people

I love #6.

6. If a UT fan asks for your address, don't give it. They just want to be able to mail dog feces to you if NU wins.

Being that the rest of the post seems sincere, I'll go on the assumption this was not meant as tongue in cheek.

And besides, why send dog feces when I know where to find a perfectly good horse?

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back