Rumor - Will Grier Dismissed From Team

See this is what gets me. There aren't even 3 other Florida fans posting in this thread, yet somehow this comment got 3 "likes".

This is funny to Vol fans? If LW wants to lash back at a poster who insulted him, it's understandable. But he literally just insulted every Vols fan on this board. Not only was it a well-received insult, Vol fans are clicking "like" at the bottom of it.

That's pathetic. Somehow it's gone under the radar, but EVERY TIME someone says anything slightly negative about Florida, these guys fire away with our record, the last 11 years, their record in Neyland, etc etc. If I ran this board, all of these Florida douchebags would stay on thin ice. If you want to get into a bickering match with a rival fan, that's fine. But don't bring your cocky attitude here frequently bash our program.

The way some of you treat the lurking Florida fans is much more of a "defeatist attitude" than predicting a loss every year.

I guess some of us are old enough to have learned a couple of lessons.

1. Football isn't *that* serious.
  2. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Reactions: 3 people
I think all of you jive turkeys are clowns.

tumblr_mh63xv51dw1qhtlp4o1_500.gif

Great thread. Lawrence sure twisted some panties. IMO, I enjoy the banter from other teams fans. Makes for interesting conversation. Not to be polemic (mostly not:)), but rather to get their take on what's going on within their program. After all, football is a game for enjoyment - not hatred.

Reactions: 2 people
So I came to this thread for info on will Grier and somehow got lost in high school drama along the way.

So you want rival fans not to return fire, or you don't want the natives to "like" it when rival fans return fire?

You can't have it both ways.

A real world analogy would be Freak inviting rival fans (say, UF or Bama) to a gameday tailgate in Knoxville, and for the most part the rival fans are well behaved and respectful.

Some UT fan shows up at the tailgate and takes shots at the Gator fan about Aaron Hernandez, UF getting crushed by FSU, or the Bama fan about losing to Ole Miss again...resulting in the UF fan returning fire about the winning streak, UT blowing leads, or the Bama fan bragging about national titles and their own streak againt UT, or whatever the case may be.

UT fans at the tailgate tell the obnoxious UT fan who provoked the situation to chill. Some might find the rival's comeback funny.

That's how it typically plays out in the real world, but for whatever reason some posters get their panties in a wad over the natives "liking" a rival's response to a jab by another native.

If Freak wants to turn this into an environment where rival fans, who for the most part are respectful and add to the discussion, aren't afforded any leeway whatsoever, that's his perogative.

Until then, I would ask that you use the ignore feature if a comment offends you or hurts your feelings.

Because people on the internet just read the part that grabbed their attention and ignore anything else...doing anything more would take up way too much of the valuable time that they clearly have so little of.

Back on topic...McElwain made a brief statement yesterday saying Grier had not withdrawn from school and is still with the team.

With the Bama game front and center the media pretty much left it alone and didn't follow up on it.

Meanwhile, Eason is still in Gainesville on his OV.

Actually, no he didn't. He responded directly to BB's post, and in context given what BB posted, it's a valid comeback IMHO. Again, if he pulled it out of thin air, then yeah, criticize him.

Which you claim they pull it out every time someone says something negative about UF. I can't speak for every UF fan here, but from what I see LW and 99Gator only "pull" that out when people start making fun of them for things like losing the SEC Championship or losing the Sugar Bowl, in the same way bamawriter pulls out the same type stuff when people where make fun of them for losing in a playoff game.

I have no problem with people being happy a hated rival loses, but going overboard by living vicariously through other teams can get to the point of pathetic. To put it another way, I don't want to be Vandy, who we've long made fun of for celebrating so much when we lose. When that happens, we simply point out how they've never sniffed an SEC Championship or a good bowl.

That's just how I see it. If a rival fan is being obnoxious, let them have it, but if they are being what you consider obnoxious in response to a Vol fan being obnoxious, sorry that's fair game to me. And FTR, I didn't like his post.

VolsSportsFan:

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    998.7 KB · Views: 3
Won't get exicted until the ink is dry on that LOI.

But if Eason's commitment sticks, it's more smoke to the Grier rumors in spite of what McElwain said yesterday.

I assumed he was gone along when that went down, I didn't even know it was a thing until Frank official flipped.

I know LSU will probably take Frank if he flips again but to me he has the making of Gunner Kiel v2.0, that rarely works for LSU.

What? Are you about 12 yrs old? All of us would rather see the Vols beat Florida more than anything. However, acting like a jerk to a Florida fan will not effect the outcome of the game one bit. Why don't you try acting like an adult and get involved in the give and take of a message board.

On the other hand, you have every right to give your opinions. However, we have every right to laugh at your childish behavior.

I've seen so much **** on this site that didn't make any damn sense and guys like you want to get all serious about this guys post? LMFAO ok.

If you said that Tennessee will beat a certain team next year at home who they've lost to by just 1 point each of the last 2 years on 4th quarter comebacks? I would agree with you.

Now, I honestly wasn't trying to be so confrontational in this thread. I just think the Gators are overly accommodated on here and are given too much credit.

If they're given "too much credit" on here with respect to the Tennessee-Florida series, it's likely because they've won 11 in a row and 24 of the last 30. My guess is that the Florida "accommodation" on here will lessen if Tennessee can ever win a or, God forbid, 2-3 games vs the Gators.

VN Store

Back